Got my SE Today

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I am infatuated with the SE. I have bought 3 or 4 of them and tried to make it my daily driver many times and always went back to my 7+. I love the size, shape, battery, camera and virtually everything about it. I think that I found the perfect combination.

I keep my 7+ for work and as my road warrior and when I get home and want to go to dinner with my wife or a run or walk I swap SIM's into the SE and off I go. It is truly the best of both worlds. The iconic shape of the SE is still one of my favorite parts of the phone.

I really hope that the SE survives and gets annual updates. I think that many people still want a 4 inch screen and something that doesn't cost a million dollars.

With Apple coming out with a cheaper iPad, I think they realize that the market is crying out for more budget friendly devices and hopefully that means the SE will live on.

I solved that problem i just sold the 7 Plus :) I have done this before though sold a 6S plus for the SE when they come out. I now have a iPad Pro 9.7 if i want a bigger screen and there is so many bargains around now if i want to go back, doubt i will before the next releases.
I agree on the costs its ridiculous when you think about it. My New $338AUD 32Gb SE does everything my 7 plus did only smaller and a few features missing which i never really used anyway.
I decided to cash in now and pocket $800 rather than run another phone/sim at $30 a month.
I actually enjoy buying and selling iPhones.
Hopefully one day Apple will give us a 4.7 - 5" or so screen in SE or bit bigger size phone.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
The other good thing with the SE you don't have to baby it like the 7 plus, no need for a screen protector and if you do scratch it badly $50 for a new screen worst case. Also the last iPhone that is not slippery.
The JB wasn't as slippery as the MB but it scratched/pitted so easy even in a Apple case, my MB too got 3-4 silver spots on the back after 5 weeks and in a Apple leather case.
The guy that bought my MB 7 plus didn't want the Apple leather case said it was big enough without it, good luck with that.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
The other good thing with the SE you don't have to baby it like the 7 plus, no need for a screen protector and if you do scratch it badly $50 for a new screen worst case. Also the last iPhone that is not slippery.
The JB wasn't as slippery as the MB but it scratched/pitted so easy even in a Apple case, my MB too got 3-4 silver spots on the back after 5 weeks and in a Apple leather case.
The guy that bought my MB 7 plus didn't want the Apple leather case said it was big enough without it, good luck with that.

I can follow your train of thought, but scratches drive me crazy. I bought mine used and it had a scratch so I had the screen replaced. It is nice that it is inexpensive, but I still put a tempered glass protector on it immediately.

Lyall Demorrow

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone interested in buying a new iPhone SE should check their local Walmart. I bought a 64GB yesterday at my Walmart for $229 contract free. They had the 32GB for $189 contract free.

Cladster

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
Anyone interested in buying a new iPhone SE should check their local Walmart. I bought a 64GB yesterday at my Walmart for $229 contract free. They had the 32GB for $189 contract free.

Cheapest off contract SE in Australia is $449 and only 32GB, gee we get ripped :( Or you can buy from Apple for bargain price of $679. I got lucky and got a new 32GB on eBay for $338. $189US converts to $251AUD.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a SE from BestBuy yesterday. One of the $199 unlocked Verizon models. Really like it! Nice fast phone in a compact device. At a price I was willing to pay. I Like Iphones, just not at $700 and up.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I just picked up a SE from BestBuy yesterday. One of the $199 unlocked Verizon models. Really like it! Nice fast phone in a compact device. At a price I was willing to pay. I Like Iphones, just not at $700 and up.

Welcome to the club! What color is your new SE? I hope that you will enjoy it.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the club! What color is your new SE? I hope that you will enjoy it.

Silver. Picked up a $10 body glove case from Wally World. Thanks for the warm welcome! I was the last non-iPhone user in the house. I guess if ya can't beat em, join em. After roughly 48 hours of use I have to admit, it's a pretty dang nice phone!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Silver. Picked up a $10 body glove case from Wally World. Thanks for the warm welcome! I was the last non-iPhone user in the house. I guess if ya can't beat em, join em. After roughly 48 hours of use I have to admit, it's a pretty dang nice phone!

What device are you coming from? Silver is the best color, you did well haha.

etad putta

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
LG Stylo 2 plus. A freebie phone from T-Mobile. Not really too bad a phone, but I have wanted an iPhone for a while but wasn't willing to pay the big money. SE at $199 helped that out.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site

I found a Body Glove case for my older 5 phone. Have the SE in an Otterbox Commuter.

BBerryPowerUser

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
Aloha!

Well, I have had mine for a few months now (Gray) with an Anker case from Amazon and a $20 battery case in white to extend the internal battery by about 8 hours. Got it for $150 from Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO).

I love it. I could use it as my daily driver even though I have an iPhone 8 on my regular line. The small size (for me) is awesome. Nothing else to add. Happy joy.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Aloha!

Well, I have had mine for a few months now (Gray) with an Anker case from Amazon and a $20 battery case in white to extend the internal battery by about 8 hours. Got it for $150 from Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO).

I love it. I could use it as my daily driver even though I have an iPhone 8 on my regular line. The small size (for me) is awesome. Nothing else to add. Happy joy.

Glad to hear that it is still working out well for you!

anon(10321802)

Sep 19, 2017
Visit site
I've been pretty fickle when it comes to smartphones - my curiosity always gets the best of me. But I always seem to come back to the SE. This is my third time owning one.

I found a Gold 32GB SE on Swappa in brand-new condition - protective plastic still on the front and back, box included with all accessories still in plastic - for $180!

It was waiting for me when I arrived home from work last evening and I have enjoyed setting it up. By the way, being able to use my iPad to speed up the setup process is such a great feature!

The size is perfect - I don't need or want anything larger in my pocket and it's perfect for one-handed use.

I really hope Apple releases an SE 2 or similar small-form-factor device in the future, because I don't like the idea of holding a phablet up to my face or lugging a huge phone around in my pocket.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
A friend destroyed her case on the SE. So I gave her my OtterBox Commuter case (which I really liked) and dropped my SE into an OtterBox Defender case, which I’m really liking. I have a tempered glass screen protector on mine, so I removed the funky plastic protector on the Defender. Damn thing is bulletproof now.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
2aab7b1c26ce75880cead6f3c0f68333.jpg
703e1246d03fc40b33962617554bb911.jpg

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Picked up a SE Space Grey today. Sold my 6S plus a month ago and have been using a 5C. Man its a nice little phone, beautifully made so much nicer than the 6 series, the colour and the edges just looks so smick, very classy. Don't think i want to case it. Very fast and smooth and prefer the TID 1 like my iPad pro, found the 6S version too fast.
Well worth the dollars v the 6S, glad i waited nearly got a standard 6S.
Battery seems great.

I’m loving my SE too. Just out of curiosity, what did you not like about the 6 series? I have no desire to “upgrade “ from the SE.

SVP
RUSS
83d362dc469b84d77ff92d2307c572bb.jpg
34211d3a5592540636b953ebd7b310e0.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro