Got my SE Today

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
24 hrs in.. and I already am a little concerned. I am missing 3d touch and typing is a challenge. Battery is as good as advertised. The first few days with a phone you will use it more and the battery will be taxed.

Love the fit in my pocket, but when I had to pull it out to see a text and respond, it was slower because of the typing aspect. Jury is still out.. I knew that I would miss 3D touch but it was a feature that I really loved. I would love to see if there is a forum that people that switched to the SE and went back to the 6S or the 6S+.. I will look, I am sure there is

SydAussie

May 28, 2016
Visit site
24 hrs in.. and I already am a little concerned. I am missing 3d touch and typing is a challenge. Battery is as good as advertised. The first few days with a phone you will use it more and the battery will be taxed.

Love the fit in my pocket, but when I had to pull it out to see a text and respond, it was slower because of the typing aspect. Jury is still out.. I knew that I would miss 3D touch but it was a feature that I really loved. I would love to see if there is a forum that people that switched to the SE and went back to the 6S or the 6S+.. I will look, I am sure there is

That's exactly what I did. I only had the SE for a few days before switching to the 6s Plus.

And here's a thread that might interest you:
Phone swap

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...share_tid=364794&share_fid=10631&share_type=t

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Just curious, it seems like some here are previous android users. Why the iPhone SE, and not the 6S? Just curious..

The size, and the price with the general package. I don't know what it is for others but for me, the size is great but then when I saw the price, I was like whoa! Great deal to me, especially considering that it shares most of the 6s's specs, including that back camera. Additionally, since I traded in a 5s, I got $150 off of my SE.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site

I found the same with typing, i missed V2 TID too its way better, 3D touch will be even better with iOS 10, i like it for recent apps. I went 6S plus to SE to 6S plus, its better in pocket obviously but that's about it for me.

winters07

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I just got my own iPhone SE yesterday :) loving it

me too -- finally, after almost 4 weeks on order .... Apple's supply-chain problem for this device is rather surprising.

Camera is g-r-e-a-t ... speed is a nice surprise ... only issue for now is 'Hey, Siri' doesn't want to respond but will see if a hard-reset works.

the ole 3GS can now go back being an iPod.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
me too -- finally, after almost 4 weeks on order .... Apple's supply-chain problem for this device is rather surprising.

Camera is g-r-e-a-t ... speed is a nice surprise ... only issue for now is 'Hey, Siri' doesn't want to respond but will see if a hard-reset works.

the ole 3GS can now go back being an iPod.

Nice upgrade

You need to go to Settings and set up Siri to recognize your voice

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Bought the SE 64 in Rose Gold for my gf, decided to keep it for myself. Really like the build quality and starting to like the size. Put a glass screen protector on it and a clear skin on back, that's it, no case. Like the idea it has updated specs but also small enough to put it in any pocket, even shirt pocket, love it. Forgot how much I liked and missed my 5S.

deku13

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, it seems like some here are previous android users. Why the iPhone SE, and not the 6S? Just curious..

Came from a galaxy s6. Like the size as I have an iPad Air 2 for bigger things. Bought an Apple Watch to be its companion with the the money saved.

epic_rexit

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site

I have owned what feels like every phone under the sun. From Android to Windows phone to BlackBerry. My iPhone travels have been rather limited by comparison. My first iPhone was the 3GS and that was a short affair. Some time later I dabbled with the 4/4s (still one of the best smartphone designs in the history of smartphone designs IMO) and then later dipped my toe in the 5/5s waters (also marvels of technical engineering.) I briefly owned a 64GB iPhone 6 before giving it to my wife when her 6+ crapped out on her.

My most recent phone was an android phone called the Huawei Honor 5x. Decent phone for sure but after having the iPhone 6, I got so pampered by my phone just working the WAY I wanted it to WHEN I wanted it to. So I went back to iPhone. This morning, to be exact. I chose the SE due to its bargain price and it's pretty killer specs for a device of its physical stature. My favorite iPhone I've ever owned was the 5s so obviously this design is very familiar to me. Every bit as powerful as any android phone I've ever owned and all in a size that makes sense for a PHONE.

We've got tablets for all the other bells and whistles.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
The SE is now hip again and lets not kid ourselves, that is part of the reason we like it. The only thing that I have against Iphones is that EVERYONE has one and the SE is a little different and that is part of the appeal. Lugging around the 6s+ is not easy after spending a few days with the SE.

epic_rexit

Jul 7, 2016
Visit site
The SE is now hip again and lets not kid ourselves, that is part of the reason we like it. The only thing that I have against Iphones is that EVERYONE has one and the SE is a little different and that is part of the appeal. Lugging around the 6s+ is not easy after spending a few days with the SE.

I will readily agree that the iPhone SE indeed holds a special place in the iPhone space, if not the mobile phone space. It is without doubt the best phone you can buy at its size. And some people, myself included, definitely prefer that size. Not all of us need a phone that's getting dangerously close to being half the size of a standard legal pad.

I do think that "everyone has an iPhone" is slowly dying though. I am one of two in my immediate family that owns an iPhone. And I only know of two close friends that have an iPhone. In my circle, a phone with a fruit stamped on the back is a rarity. Much more common are phones with the name of a certain Asian appliance manufacturer. My brother hates iPhones and Apple as a company for that very reason. Refers to me commonly as an "iSheep," which of course designates that iPhones hold very little merit on their own and everyone who owns one is just "following the crowd." We're simply "buying the name," because "everyone has one."

But I think the SE in and of itself sort of debunks that way of thinking. The SE is really the first of its kind. Typically when Apple releases an iPhone in the same chassis as a predecessor, the hardware differences are negligible (I.e. 3G/3Gs, 4/4s) But this time Apple has shoved every [important] thing that makes the 6s so great inside the body of the 5/5s. No, Apple did not choose a radical redesign for the SE. But I'm glad they didn't. Kept costs down. What they did do was stick all the modern power and proficiency of a 2016 flagship in the body of a 2013 has-been AND gave it stellar battery life and THAT is a feat of engineering that Apple is so known for.

anon(9637269)

May 23, 2016
Visit site
SE pocketability and snappiness make it so practical to be my daily driver. Plus, I always thought that the iPhone 5/s had the best phone design ever. Was actually supposed to get 5s but then they announced the SE and it just all fell in place.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I went from a 6s Plus to the SE this week. I've always loved the 4 inch size, but had to adjust when the 6 series came out, thinking the 4 inch phones with new updated specs were a thing of the past. I have to admit going from the 6s Plus to the SE was a shock when looking at the screen, and the smaller narrow keyboard took some getting used too. But it's great to be able to use it one handed and to hold comfortably in one hand, with an Apple leather case. Any case on the 6s Plus added to the size and bulk, and I felt at times like I was carrying around a brick. Anyway I think the switch is final and I will be selling my iPhone 6s Plus.....can you sell a device on iMore? lol