Got my SE Today

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Not just your local stores. All of the Apple stores in my city had all color and storage variants sold out today. Has to get my SE from my carrier, of which only had Rose gold and gold 16gb in stock. Went with Rose Gold. Looks pretty classy.

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Not just your local stores. All of the Apple stores in my city had all color and storage variants sold out today. Has to get my SE from my carrier, of which only had Rose gold and gold 16gb in stock. Went with Rose Gold. Looks pretty classy.
Same question for you: are you ok with 16 Gb ?

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I'd do just fine with a 16G. I usually only use about 10G of it all.

However, I chose the 64G just because for the extra C-note.....it's worth it. Always better to have too much than not enough I love.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Beautiful.
Are you ok with just 16 Gb of storage?

Yep, I'm more of a cloud/streaming person. It's perfect for me. I think I have less than 20 or just about that amount of apps. I stream music, and usually after I backup my photos to the cloud, I delete them unless I plan to use them possibly. I went through a lot of phones before I got here, and I realized that I should just stick with the apps I actually use, and I realized that there's only a few.

Wow, seriously? That's very interesting. Interestingly enough, my closest Apple Store is like the only one that had it in stock. The other stores in whatever's the radius is for Apple on their site, didn't have any. To me, that was destined for me!

Yay for rose gold \o/

How long before you return it for a real phone like the 6s Plus?
This is a real phone? It has most of the internals of the 6s so this doesn't make sense.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

I've heard this type of cellphone humor many times in the past but it doesn't work well here

The SE is 's cutting edge device in a small package. Kinda like when they came out with the iPad Mini

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, would I have liked 64gb? Sure. However, with the way technology is advancing, there are ways to over come the 16gb storage dilemma. You can use cloud storage for photos and videos which upload daily or whenever you use the app. You can even "downgrade" the video or picture quality in terms of resolution or native pixels used in a capture shot. These all are variable options available to minimize storage usage. As for app, I may download a lot but learned to keep the ones I only really use. As for movies, I just stream them to my phone. So long story short, 16GB is adequate enough.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yes, would I have liked 64gb? Sure. However, with the way technology is advancing, there are ways to over come the 16gb storage dilemma. You can use cloud storage for photos and videos which upload daily or whenever you use the app. You can even "downgrade" the video or picture quality in terms of resolution or native pixels used in a capture shot. These all are variable options available to minimize storage usage. As for app, I may download a lot but learned to keep the ones I only really use. As for movies, I just stream them to my phone. So long story short, 16GB is adequate enough.

I respect your decision but it just seems like a lot of hassle for the cost difference between the two sizes. I bought the SE 64GB only because they didn't offer a 128 option

My motto is you can never have enough storage. Probably due to do owning old 20 MB hard drive computers back in the day

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site

Hahaha!

I gave up a Note 5, iPhone 6+, and a iPhone 6 for this little SE. If I didn't have a tablet at home and could only have 1 device, it would be a iPhone 6s/6s+.

I love when people see my phone and ask, "you're still using a iPhone 5"? I say yes and It just makes my day. Love having this sleeper phone!!!

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hahaha!

I gave up a Note 5, iPhone 6+, and a iPhone 6 for this little SE. If I didn't have a tablet at home and could only have 1 device, it would be a iPhone 6s/6s+.

I love when people see my phone and ask, "you're still using a iPhone 5"? I say yes and It just makes my day. Love having this sleeper phone!!!

Lol. Same here I even put my old beat up case from my 5s on my SE. I bought for me not so I can show it off

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
I'd do just fine with a 16G. I usually only use about 10G of it all.

However, I chose the 64G just because for the extra C-note.....it's worth it. Always better to have too much than not enough I love.
The 16 Gb model has less than 12 Gb of free storage , so if you use about 10 Gb there's very little space left.
It's really not advisable to keep a NAND almost full. I'd like to have at least 4 Gb of free space.

The SE is 's cutting edge device in a small package. Kinda like when they came out with the iPad Mini
Well, tbh the iPad mini wasn't "a cutting edge device" ... It was kind of uninspiring, hardware wise, compared to the bigger sibling iPad 4 ( A6X and 1 Gb of ram).
The first Mini to be acceptable imho was the Mini 4.

Peaceful_Moi

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi, everybody. I've found iMore posts to be most helpful, so I wanted to share my experience with my new SE 64Gb Gold

I picked it up a couple of hours ago , and am totally pleased! It is fast, and it is beautiful.

I upgraded from a 5S 32Gb, so I am not going through withdrawal symptoms from a larger screen. Actually, I have had ample time to compare my 5S side-by-side with a 6S, and found the screen size makes hardly any difference for the apps I use. The 5S keyboard is smaller, but I use voice recognition most of the time, instead of typing.

I was a little concerned that the matte chamfers would be a step down from the polished chamfers on the 5S, but they look much the same, and the matte chamfers bring maybe a little more color to the front of the phone.

Touch ID works great. Great camera.

It's the best.

Thanks for all your help.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm ready to move from my 6 Plus to the smaller phone. Love the SE design. The SE is small cheaper and faster. Not to mention also unavailable every whhhheerrreeee. I just want a silver SE 64GB!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Picked up an SE today... couldn't resist. Space Gray 64GB. I even traded in a old iPhone 5, for $100 credit. I loved that space black, and wish Apple would have stuck with it, but otherwise, the SE feels like an old friend. :)

Apple Store was out of SIM free models, but they had a T-mobile one that I could buy as "device only". Popped out the T-mo SIM right away and put my current AT&T SIM from my 6S+ and activated the phone that way. Should in theory be unlocked.

So now to figure what to do with my 6S+... :p

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
Hi, everybody. I've found iMore posts to be most helpful, so I wanted to share my experience with my new SE 64Gb Gold

I picked it up a couple of hours ago , and am totally pleased! It is fast, and it is beautiful.

I upgraded from a 5S 32Gb, so I am not going through withdrawal symptoms from a larger screen. Actually, I have had ample time to compare my 5S side-by-side with a 6S, and found the screen size makes hardly any difference for the apps I use. The 5S keyboard is smaller, but I use voice recognition most of the time, instead of typing.

I was a little concerned that the matte chamfers would be a step down from the polished chamfers on the 5S, but they look much the same, and the matte chamfers bring maybe a little more color to the front of the phone.

Touch ID works great. Great camera.

It's the best.

Thanks for all your help.
Well coming from a 5S is a win-win situation.
Enjoy it

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice