Got my SE Today

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
My husband wanted rose gold since everyone was raving about it. Then he heard someone describe the color as effeminate and suddenly he believed that owning one might emasculate him! Now he can only live with the "macho" space grey. Are these colors really gender specific? Can a "real" man own a rose gold SE?

I beat my head against a wall whenever someone says the rose gold is for women. Or white phones. Or...

It's 2016. I can't help but think that the people who judge someone based on their phone OS of choice and/or the colour of said phone are emotionally stunted Neanderthals living in their parents basement. /rant

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Weirdly tempted by SE, after randomly holding a friend's 5 the other night (as in 'hey- hold my phone for a sec...'). I've been using 6Plus for over a year, and as I type on it now, it does not feel at all huge. Two-hand hold is second nature. YET-- palming the 5 was so comfortable- as in 'wow-this size feels so nice in my hand.' Even said this out loud. If they went above 64GB, i might be in line to buy!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I beat my head against a wall whenever someone says the rose gold is for women. Or white phones. Or...

It's 2016. I can't help but think that the people who judge someone based on their phone OS of choice and/or the colour of said phone are emotionally stunted Neanderthals living in their parents basement. /rant

Although, I get what you're saying, I disagree with your assessment of people who judge based on certain things are "Neanderthals living in their parent's basement". There are differences between men and women, and not all of the differences are physical. Pink, whether you agree with it or not, is traditionally associated with girls. That doesn't mean that boys can't like it or can't wear something that's pink. I've worn pink shirts, often with a suit, and I looked good in it......but I don't want a pink car, a pink living room set, pink dishes, pink shoes, etcetera. I've stated on numerous occasions here in these forums that I find the rose gold color to be too feminine for my tastes, and I meant it. Yet, here I am rocking a rose gold iPad Pro. Do I still think it's "too feminine for my tastes"? Yep. Still, I've had a white MacBook, space grey iPhone models, silver iPad models, my current iPhone is gold, so I thought, why not a rose gold iPad Pro, although I initially ordered it in silver?

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't see how rose gold (not pink, it's pretty different from pink) is too feminine. Someone's masculinity shouldn't be judged by shade of phone. It's backwards, dated thinking.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't see how rose gold (not pink, it's pretty different from pink) is too feminine.
I've learned long ago that what doesn't make sense to some makes perfect sense to others.
Someone's masculinity shouldn't be judged by shade of phone. It's backwards, dated thinking.
Someone's difference of opinion regarding the shade of a phone shouldn't be judged either.....

Optimus82

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
My husband wanted rose gold since everyone was raving about it. Then he heard someone describe the color as effeminate and suddenly he believed that owning one might emasculate him! Now he can only live with the "macho" space grey. Are these colors really gender specific? Can a "real" man own a rose gold SE?

It all depends... To me the rose gold is straight up pink. I call it pink instead of rose gold when talking to family and friends. I dont think it matters what color someones phone is but if he is like me, I do not pull off wearing pink unlike my brother who looks good wearing pink. I look like the energizer bunny.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I read somewhere that men are buying a large number of Rose Gold iPhones

I would have gotten one but decided to mirror my 5s gold with my new SE also you guessed it GOLD

sjohnvivian

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
To weigh in on the Rose Gold colour discussion, I have to admit that I wanted to go and get that colour myself. In fact, I almost ordered that colour. But then I was thinking that since my primary purpose of getting the iPhone SE was for pocketability and use while doing outdoor activities and fitness that I'd like the iPhone SE to match the colour of my Space Grey  Watch, hence why I went that route. Otherwise, Rose Gold was the first contender. I don't think it's an effeminate colour at all. It's more copper than pink in most lighting. And besides, I don't think we should let a colour dictate how masculine or not we are. If it's what you like, get it! It's 2016, no one's going to care what colour iPhone you have. It's simply an extension of your own personal expression. For all my other iOS devices I have Gold as my colour choice but have considered swapping to Rose Gold when I upgrade them all next cycle and I'm not going to worry one bit about the judgement that colour brings about my masculinity. It's a nifty colour. :)

addimachead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Got my gold 64GB SE on Friday, Apple's 40th Anniversary Day. Traded in my old space gray 5S. Could not be happier with the improved speed and battery, and still loving that classic style.

california governor

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
If I had to guess, I'd say it's because it's the most desired color at this point...

I totally agree, I got the Silver from the store because they told me that SE is selling like hot cake. I ordered a Space grace from ebay and will return the silver upon delivery. I must add that color variants in 64GB are sold-out in most stores right now (using online store tracking system from apple.com).

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
So I got my SE today, 16gb rose gold. Can't get over how light it is. Also the color is very nice, whoa. At my local store, all was sold out at first and now just the space grey and silver are. Interesting

MaxSmarties

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
So I got my SE today, 16gb rose gold. Can't get over how light it is. Also the color is very nice, whoa. At my local store, all was sold out at first and now just the space grey and silver are. Interesting
Beautiful.
Are you ok with just 16 Gb of storage?