Will you buy the IPhone SE and if Yes, For what specific reasons?

katedavidson579

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I think that the iphone SE will be great! for me personally, I find that the size of the iphone 6 range is too large, but I love all the features, so the SE would be perfect!

aries428

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
Yes because I really like smaller phones and I like the design signature of the iPhone 5/5s, it seems to be the best iPhone design for me though iPhone 6/6s is significantly thinner. I'm from Philippines and this would be the first iPhone I would ever have and my first sign into the iOS ecosystem. I like the new apple A9 chip and the new rear camera - this is what I liked because it's small yet powerful. This is Apple's affordable iPhone they could possibly offer. I hope I also win in iMore's giveaway! That's it folks.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure you won't be disappointed!

It's a great improvement overall IMO. I'm sticking with the 6s Plus for now, no plans on upgrading until the 7 Plus.

I can't stand smaller screen devices nowadays.

ifox1987

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
As a 6S+ user, I could never go back to a 4" phone, however this will easily be the best 4" phone on the market as its really the only one running top of the line hardware.

spiff_p239

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I've already ordered mine and did so mainly because of the size. I want something that I won't feel in my pocket and is easy to use one handed.

williamrhodes23

Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I have a 6S Plus, but I am looking for second phone for when I go abroad for school later this year. I really want to stick in the iPhone family, but I don't want to spend the money on one of the 6S'. The SE seems like the perfect option.

fleeper

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I have been on Android for a while (LG G3 then the samsung S6 and currently Nexus 6P) and I was recently moved to a iphone 5C for my job. Since carrying both phones the 5C has become my favorite because of the size; I can actually carry it in my pocket without pain when sitting. I have already ordered the SE to replace my 6P and I think it will be a great change.

tnt4

Mar 30, 2015
Visit site
I pre-ordered the SE on AT&T and it should arrive Thursday.

Regarding 3D Touch - I do think it can be useful, but after 4 months with a 6S it's still not in my "muscle memory" and I have to think to use it proactively. So unless you're completely hooked on it (which some are), that will likely be a non-issue.

The SE seems to be the ultimate pragmatic phone, for me anyway. Practical size (I don't consume much media on my phones). Better battery life. The lack of 3D Touch and a barometer are pretty much non-issues for most people, myself included. Also, as a previous user stated, I don't want to be immersed in my phone at all times, and having a smaller screen makes more sense with that in mind.

My only "concern", which doesn't apply to most of the population, is it won't be as carrier-flexible as the 6S, and I like to switch carriers often based on deals / promos.

Edit: and it's cheaper!

DocGo

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Yes...I just got my Rose Gold 64GB SE. Lovely device to replace my 6S Plus that my dear brother is going to inherit.
I have always liked the 5/5S form factor and do not mind going back to a phone with smaller screen. I use my iPad Pro 13" for multimedia and book/medical journal readings.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Love my 6S Plus, but wanted to downsize... portability in pocket is one reason... one-handed use is another... but also, I'm hoping the smaller screen size will make me want to use it LESS.... I'm finding I really am on my phone too much...

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I have been on Android for a while (LG G3 then the samsung S6 and currently Nexus 6P) and I was recently moved to a iphone 5C for my job. Since carrying both phones the 5C has become my favorite because of the size; I can actually carry it in my pocket without pain when sitting. I have already ordered the SE to replace my 6P and I think it will be a great change.

I've been on Android for a very long time as well and have the Nexus 5X. I won't be replacing the 5X, but partner in it with the SE as my daily driver and keeping the Nexus as my play toy to upgrade to Android N.

Posted via iPhone SE on T-Mobile

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Love my 6S Plus, but wanted to downsize... portability in pocket is one reason... one-handed use is another... but also, I'm hoping the smaller screen size will make me want to use it LESS.... I'm finding I really am on my phone too much...

Same here. What I'm trying to learn...is how to use my phone as a phone lol.

I'm now carrying my old iPad mini around for web browsing reading, etc...so far so good.

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
I have small man hands and always wanted a small phone, but couldn't comprise quality performance. So the iPhone SE will be the first phone in ages (since the times of flip phones) that I'll have something that fits easily in one hand. Previously and up to now I've been using an old Samsung Galaxy S3. I never had any reason to upgrade from it because the thing just worked for me (everything except for size). Oh and to be honest I've been getting fed up with waiting for an update to that phone that would apparently never come. So iPhone SE will be a very huge (yet tiny) upgrade from what I've known, and it will free me from the worry of never getting up to date ever again. I appreciate that Apple seems to be on top of their game with this, at least from what I've researched.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I grew tired of how the plus isn't very pocket-able, especially getting into a car or sitting down at a restaurant. I always had to have the plus in my hand it seemed. Commuting on the subway always was more cumbersome on the plus. Now with the SE, one handed operation is a breeze, and I don't even notice the phone in my pants pocket

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods