Will you buy the IPhone SE and if Yes, For what specific reasons?

GeniusGuy

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I really liked the idea of a smaller phone. Apple was quite clever seeing how profitable the Iphone 5 and 5S were. Iphone SE has almost all the unique things the 6S have, so its basically a 5S Iphone with the features of Iphone 6S. I will be buying it epecially because of the improved camera and Processor. I am upgrading from Iphone 5 and i hope i wont be disappointed.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore.

I will be buying for my sons to replace their 5s's. I will also be buying one for myself so I do not have to carry my 6 in my pocket when motorcycle riding. The SE will be nicer in the pocket. And it will be nice to have a smaller phone around when I move to the 7 Plus.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, already ordered. Went from the 6 to 6Plus, then back to the 5S, specifically for the size. Also, I don't like to be fully emerged in technology all the time. I feel the SE achieves what I need in a phone. Having the updated processor and better rear camera are icing. Size is the biggie though, and I'd assume that's the biggest consideration for most. Finally, and I've said this many times on here, it is a piece of tech art to me. The 5S was/is the best designed cell phone EVER. Period.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes. Been n Android guy for a while and went back to my 5S because of the size. Sadly, that only lasted a week because of the specs and battery on the 5S.

So I'm currently on my iPhone 6 right now while my Note 5 and iPhone 5S sit in a drawer.

I think the SE will fit my needs perfectly.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Been n Android guy for a while and went back to my 5S because of the size. Sadly, that only lasted a week because of the specs and battery on the 5S.

So I'm currently on my iPhone 6 right now while my Note 5 and iPhone 5S sit in a drawer.

If you don't mind the smaller screen size then the SE actually packs a bigger punch than your iPhone 6. From what I've heard it's screaming fast, especially for a 4-inch phone. Enjoy it and be sure to come back and post your thoughts!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
If you don't mind the smaller screen size then the SE actually packs a bigger punch than your iPhone 6. From what I've heard it's screaming fast, especially for a 4-inch phone. Enjoy it and be sure to come back and post your thoughts!
Absolutely!

I have small hands (for a dude) and am always on the go, so 1 handed operation is huge for me. I know the SE will be faster and packs a huge punch.

My only reservation so far, is that the SE won't have the 3D feature? My 6 doesn't have it either, but I'd like to have it just to try?

For you guys that have 3D, do you guys find it useful and/or using it a lot?

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

You know that if you wanted to, you can trade in the 5s and get 150 off of the SE. Apple store only though.

As for my answer, better camera, connectivity,and of course the rest of the improved hardware combined with the size. Also the price is amazing.

Just got the 5s this month and it is nice but having it lack band 12, which is throughout my state has been painful often enough for it to be an issue. I originally tried out the 5s as a way to try out iOS and I love it.

I was going to upgrade to the 6s for better connectivity but I can't afford to do so outright. With the SE, I get the size I prefer along with the connectivity and camera improvement. Omg flash on the front camera is nice and the back camera is a big improvement too!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely!

I have small hands (for a dude) and am always on the go, so 1 handed operation is huge for me. I know the SE will be faster and packs a huge punch.

My only reservation so far, is that the SE won't have the 3D feature? My 6 doesn't have it either, but I'd like to have it just to try?

I use 3D Touch pretty frequently but I think that the adoption process has been slow overall. Most users don't seem to mind that the feature isn't included in the SE.

wckesq

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Switching to iOS from Android specifically for a smaller phone. Kind of getting tired of the chase the upgrade mentality of Android too. Whether it is the OEM or carrier delaying upgrades, security fixes, wifi calling?

NatShar5

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
size is key. I am an andriod user and I think the SE is finally a good excuse to upgrade to iphone. It is really hard to find small compact phones that aren't total junk. All the good phones are giant. Finally to SE saves the day.

Sheba623

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I pre-ordered the SE for my second T-Mobile line using Jump on Demand program. My credit union supports Apple Pay is the main reason why I want to try it out. If I like the phone and IOS, I may upgrade to the iPhone 7. If not, I will add another Android phone to the line.

My primary phone at the moment is the Samsung Note 5.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Switching to iOS from Android specifically for a smaller phone. Kind of getting tired of the chase the upgrade mentality of Android too. Whether it is the OEM or carrier delaying upgrades, security fixes, wifi calling?

Android Marshmallow adoption rate: 2%
iOS 9.2.1 adoption rate: 80%
Just saying

BloodyViruz

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I had 5" Androids before my first iPhone, the 5s. Thought I wanna go bigger again with the 6, but it just doesn't feel right. I don't get the classic "iPhone feel". It's way too thin and it's the biggest 4,7" phone I've ever seen. So I will definitely get the SE, it's better in every way and the 5s design is THE best, the 6 is, in comparison, very uninspired. Can't wait to sell my 6.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Same here. I already committed to giving my iPhone 6 to my niece and getting a SE.

I've even pulled out my old 5s and plan on popping in the sim until I get me SE lol. This phone just feels right in my hand!

I'm always on the go and 1 handed operation is huge for me....

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely!

The 3D touch is vastly overrated imo. No 6S / 6S Plus owner I know even mentions it.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
The 3D touch is vastly overrated imo. No 6S / 6S Plus owner I know even mentions it.

Agreed. Every person I know with a 6s/6s+ (my wife included) never even uses the feature.

I'm gonna go back to my iPhone 5s for this week and make sure I can deal with the smaller phone just to be sure.

Right now, I'm 95% sure a SE is the perfect phone for me.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Agreed. Every person I know with a 6s/6s+ (my wife included) never even uses the feature.

I'm gonna go back to my iPhone 5s for this week and make sure I can deal with the smaller phone just to be sure.

Right now, I'm 95% sure a SE is the perfect phone for me.

For what it's worth I'm a 6s Plus user that uses 3D Touch frequently. It didn't come naturally at first; I had to make a conscious effort to use it. But we are all about convenience and efficiency these days and the shortcuts are very helpful. That being said, I'm well aware that I'm in the minority group. I'm hoping iOS 10 will make better use of the feature.

keithneese

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm a 6s user, and I use 3D Touch all the time. Like you said, it didn't come naturally at first, but now it's almost become second nature. I even find myself trying to use it on apps that don't support it. The main one I use it on is iMessage, which pops up a list of my frequently texted people. I guess I'm just too lazy anymore to scroll through and find the person lol.:smile:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit