What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The SE phone and the 6s are identical.

Except where they aren't. The advantages the 6S has:
  • Contrast on the 6s screen is much better (1400:1 vs. 800:1 on the SE) and better wide viewing angles;
  • 3D touch, again, part of the better display panel;
  • 2nd Generation Touch ID;
  • Better front facing camera, 5 Megapixel on the 6s and only 1.2 megapixel on the SE;
  • The 6S supports LTE Advanced (300 Mbps LTE radio vs 150 Mbps max in the SE);
  • The 6S has 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi‑Fi with MIMO, the SE does not support MIMO;
  • and The 6S has a barometer sensor, the SE does not.

The SE is a great device and, while it uses the same processor, because of the smaller screen tends to be a bit faster than the 6S, and with better battery life; but the SE is not the same as the 6S.

bones467

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6s as my personal phone, but have an iPhone SE for work, I had the 5s when it was first out and loved that! The SE is a brilliant little phone that is such a good comfortable size! My wife has one too and she likes it!

anony_mouse

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6s as my personal phone, but have an iPhone SE for work, I had the 5s when it was first out and loved that! The SE is a brilliant little phone that is such a good comfortable size! My wife has one too and she likes it!

It looks so old fashioned, with the tiny screen and ultra-wide bezels. Like being in 2012 again (or 2010 for non-Apple users).
Is the SE still on sale?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
The SE is the ideal size for a mobile phone, in that it will go easily into a pocket, without feeling like a tea tray ! As for the bezels thing, I quite like the large bezels because it saves my thumbs straying onto the touch screen when I'm not concentrating ( I have XL hands !) If they can make the SE waterproof it'll be perfect.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Hoping for an update to mirror the 7S, waterproof and 3D touch are on my wish list, but any improvement is welcome, and it will be first phone that I ever preorder. I'm definitely willing to put my money where my mouth is.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
You know, it wasn't many years ago that one would spend something like the $269 I spent on my 64GB SE... for just a GPS navigator device. Garmin, Tom Tom, whatever. I had one of those back in the day and the SE + Apple Maps is at least as good except for the lack of current speed & speed limit (hey, fix that, Apple!). And the SE does so very much more than just GPS for the money. Such a bargain device!

I think I saw that is coming in iOS 11, so it will be even better for you. Hooking it up to CarPlay, if your car has it, makes it equal to any other iphone for navigation purposes, and then you can more easily put it in your pocket when you get to where you are going. Still loving this little phone.

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up the SE from Best Buy during their Prime Day competition sale. Got it for $12 a month and in about 30 days I can pay off the phone for a grand total of $299 for a 128 GB one. It's a nice change of scenery from the 7 Plus!

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I just picked up the SE from Best Buy during their Prime Day competition sale. Got it for $12 a month and in about 30 days I can pay off the phone for a grand total of $299 for a 128 GB one. It's a nice change of scenery from the 7 Plus!

Wow. Great price!

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

That is a great price. I don't think you will be disappointed. Now, which will get more use, 7 Plus or SE?

MizWylie

Champion
Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
That is why my 7 and 7 plus are for sale. I'm going to stick with this size, and hope for an update in the spring.

I want the mid ground of the 7. Wanna trade for a SE 🤣🤣 I'm a typical woman who can't make up her mind but I think I'm gonna hang onto the SE until the fall releases

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner