What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I bought the SE a couple of weeks ago, getting the 32GB version to use as a backup phone -- one to carry it when I don't feel like carrying my huge iPhone 7 Plus. I also use it as a "test" phone; I currently have the iOS 10.3.2 public beta loaded, and will run the iOS 11 betas.

It is a great phone and I enjoy using it, just couldn't use it as my main phone as the screen is too small.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I bought the SE a couple of weeks ago, getting the 32GB version to use as a backup phone -- one to carry it when I don't feel like carrying my huge iPhone 7 Plus. I also use it as a "test" phone; I currently have the iOS 10.3.2 public beta loaded, and will run the iOS 11 betas.

It is a great phone and I enjoy using it, just couldn't use it as my main phone as the screen is too small.

How does the 10.3.2 differ than the current version?

Thanks

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
One month since receiving my iPhone SE: thumbs up! My iPhone 6s+ has sat untouched the entire time. I have not had the slightest inclination to switch back, not even for a moment.

The size and weight of the SE takes me back to the good ol' years I had with my Motorola Razr 3vi, and later with my first smartphone, the Google Nexus One (4.5" AMOLED). Those were phones that did everything I desired for a phone and were also wonderfully portable—going unnoticed in my pocket until needed.

The clincher: Today I completed a 1200 mile road trip across deserts and through canyons and over mountain passes using the SE as my GPS navigation. Before I began I thought it might be too small for that purpose. It was not; the exceptionally bright screen and crispy clear text made size a nonissue. Even when the Mojave Desert sun blazed into the cab, I never had a problem seeing my route. It never got too hot or glitched as my Lumia 920 was prone to do. It never lost my position, though there was one new highway section beyond Barstow that was unknown—it showed me cruising the open desert for a while, with an arrow pointing the way to where it thought the highway should be. ;)

(But kudos to Apple Maps despite that piece of out-of-date info. You've come a long way, baby!)

You know, it wasn't many years ago that one would spend something like the $269 I spent on my 64GB SE... for just a GPS navigator device. Garmin, Tom Tom, whatever. I had one of those back in the day and the SE + Apple Maps is at least as good except for the lack of current speed & speed limit (hey, fix that, Apple!). And the SE does so very much more than just GPS for the money. Such a bargain device!

My little SE is a definite keeper! :D

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
One month since receiving my iPhone SE: thumbs up! My iPhone 6s+ has sat untouched the entire time. I have not had the slightest inclination to switch back, not even for a moment.

The size and weight of the SE takes me back to the good ol' years I had with my Motorola Razr 3vi, and later with my first smartphone, the Google Nexus One (4.5" AMOLED). Those were phones that did everything I desired for a phone and were also wonderfully portable—going unnoticed in my pocket until needed.

The clincher: Today I completed a 1200 mile road trip across deserts and through canyons and over mountain passes using the SE as my GPS navigation. Before I began I thought it might be too small for that purpose. It was not; the exceptionally bright screen and crispy clear text made size a nonissue. Even when the Mojave Desert sun blazed into the cab, I never had a problem seeing my route. It never got too hot or glitched as my Lumia 920 was prone to do. It never lost my position, though there was one new highway section beyond Barstow that was unknown—it showed me cruising the open desert for a while, with an arrow pointing the way to where it thought the highway should be. ;)

(But kudos to Apple Maps despite that piece of out-of-date info. You've come a long way, baby!)

You know, it wasn't many years ago that one would spend something like the $269 I spent on my 64GB SE... for just a GPS navigator device. Garmin, Tom Tom, whatever. I had one of those back in the day and the SE + Apple Maps is at least as good except for the lack of current speed & speed limit (hey, fix that, Apple!). And the SE does so very much more than just GPS for the money. Such a bargain device!

My little SE is a definite keeper! :D
Wow! I'm glad to hear this, and I'm also glad that it worked out so well for you. Reading posts like yours reminds me why I lust after it when I'm not using it.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Wow! I'm glad to hear this, and I'm also glad that it worked out so well for you. Reading posts like yours reminds me why I lust after it when I'm not using it.

Lusting after it when not using it... I think I can relate. Sometimes when I'm doing something else and I see it I just have to reach out and grasp it for a moment, give it a gentle squeeze. ;)

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Hey,

To me, it's one of those things that you ought to have, if you are a serious Apple fan. First off, the design - it's timeless. While it is a matter of taste, only few would disagree. Then, the form factor. Coming from 6 Plus, I've had enough of anything even remotely close to its size. I simply want my phone to be "pocketable", lightweight, and elegant; I don't need a slab that wobbles when held by one hand (and I do have large hands)

As far as typing goes, it is something that - if really needed - can be rectified by third-party keyboards like SwiftKey (tested it on my Air many moons ago, and seemed fine).

Then, there's the camera. While not the world's best shooter for mobile phones it is more than one can ask for some instamadness ;) Anything above that is a bonus.

Cannot wait to have mine delivered.

Cheers!

I agree. I think the camera more than adequate.

SVP

anon(50597)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2008
Visit site
For what I use mine for it's more than adequate. Totally happy. Perhaps the next generation (fingers crossed) will bring some of the improvements you wish for?

arc3484

May 25, 2016
Visit site
Let's just hope there *is* a next generation. Everything after that will be gravy. ;)

I have a feeling that apple will start offering two choices across their entire hardware lineup. Just like their macbook's, you will have a choice between a pro version of iPhone edition (iPhone 8) and pro version iPad (iPad Pro). The bargain hardware will always be available iPhone 7s/se and iPad 9.7". I just hope they continue to support and optimize software to work buttery smooth on the "non pro" devices as time ages hardware to make the high price tag worth the bargain.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234