What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I seriously have a phone switching problem. I had two iPhone 4s different colors. I had 2 5's and a 5s. I had a 6 plus, a 6 and a 6s. Intermingled with various android phones that I thought I'd like and hated. I get bored very easily and want something new after five seconds all the time. Meaning I seriously have the luckiest kids and family members in the world because they get passed everything that I don't sell lol. My husband rolls his eyes all the time.

On that note, I love the SE. The iPhone 5 form factor was easily my favorite and most comfortable of all of them. It fits in my pocket, my small hands can reach everything. If I feel like I need a bigger device at home I have an iPad mini. I'm truly hoping this phone stops me from my insane trading problem. So far a week in I'm in love with it.

Always warms my heart to know I'm not alone. :)

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Having my SE is liking riding a Powerful Motorcycle. Agile fast and easy to stow away compared to the 6s Motor car or 6s Plus SUV

WPButtcheeks

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I seriously have a phone switching problem. I had two iPhone 4s different colors. I had 2 5's and a 5s. I had a 6 plus, a 6 and a 6s. Intermingled with various android phones that I thought I'd like and hated. I get bored very easily and want something new after five seconds all the time. Meaning I seriously have the luckiest kids and family members in the world because they get passed everything that I don't sell lol. My husband rolls his eyes all the time.

On that note, I love the SE. The iPhone 5 form factor was easily my favorite and most comfortable of all of them. It fits in my pocket, my small hands can reach everything. If I feel like I need a bigger device at home I have an iPad mini. I'm truly hoping this phone stops me from my insane trading problem. So far a week in I'm in love with it.

I'm the same way lol, any time a package gets delivered she asks "what phone did you get now?"

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hey,

To me, it's one of those things that you ought to have, if you are a serious Apple fan. First off, the design - it's timeless. While it is a matter of taste, only few would disagree. Then, the form factor. Coming from 6 Plus, I've had enough of anything even remotely close to its size. I simply want my phone to be "pocketable", lightweight, and elegant; I don't need a slab that wobbles when held by one hand (and I do have large hands)

As far as typing goes, it is something that - if really needed - can be rectified by third-party keyboards like SwiftKey (tested it on my Air many moons ago, and seemed fine).

Then, there's the camera. While not the world's best shooter for mobile phones it is more than one can ask for some instamadness ;) Anything above that is a bonus.

Cannot wait to have mine delivered.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Bob Garon

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I agree about the portability and great form factor in my hand. I came from using Android as my daily driver, and being a fan of OS purity, I had the Nexus 5X. I've used Android since the days of the G1 and when the iPhone 6 came out bought it, but returned it within the 2 week trial period. I just don't think I was ready and the Android phone I had at the time was faster and more snappy IMO.

Now... well... now with the SE's ability to just do anything and everything we want at fast speeds and the size, shape, look (so sexy), and feel of it overall just makes me so more than happy that I switched. I still am keeping my Nexus 5X as a toy to play with the new Android N OS that is upcoming, but other than that my daily driver is DEFINITELY the iPhone. I will certainly entertain the iPhone 7 this fall, but the SE just feels so right and operates so well. I am satisfied with my decision by far!

Apple has done a REALLY, REALLY good thing indeed with bringing back the old, but new (we'll say "refreshed") style.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Also love my SE still. I've been carrying around my iPad mini, but find myself using the SE more since its way faster than the iPad lol.

I've been thinking of moving on to either a iPhone 6s or 6s Plus and eliminate the iPad altogether.

I'm just having a hard time letting go of the SE.....

Rocket_Girl

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Also love my SE still. I've been carrying around my iPad mini, but find myself using the SE more since its way faster than the iPad lol.

I've been thinking of moving on to either a iPhone 6s or 6s Plus and eliminate the iPad altogether.

Ahhh, yes, Tried that when 6 plus came out: 6Plus and iPadAir, no more mini.

Worked for a while. Air was still too big to carry as often as the mini, so it sat. Air was also no substitute for a laptop. Liked the Plus at first, and yes- it did fill space left by the mini. For a while. Got rid of the Air and back to Mini with the mini4, and now have that with me in most places.

Randomly held a friends phone for a moment (can you hold this for a sec) and thought wow - this is really comfortable. Then saw the SE. Ordered. Added the watch months ago. Now eager to try combo of watch, SE, iPad mini, and smallest MacBook Air.

IPad can't replace full laptop, and 6plus can't replace iPad. And nothing can replace the small, easy fit of SE. Small, portable, great battery life. Beautiful in a way the 6-series isn't. Win. Expecting delivery tomorrow...

Last edited:

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
So I went out and got a iPhone 6s Plus and am on my second day of use with it. Man is this thing huge! So far - so good.

I'm still carrying around my SE for numbers, texts, etc..that didn't get transferred over.

I definitely like the Plus over the iPad but am still unsure if I like it over the SE? Nothing like the feeling of that small, powerful device in your hand that the SE brings. We'll see...

Maljunulo

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I agree about the portability and great form factor in my hand. I came from using Android as my daily driver, and being a fan of OS purity, I had the Nexus 5X. I've used Android since the days of the G1 and when the iPhone 6 came out bought it, but returned it within the 2 week trial period. I just don't think I was ready and the Android phone I had at the time was faster and more snappy IMO.

Now... well... now with the SE's ability to just do anything and everything we want at fast speeds and the size, shape, look (so sexy), and feel of it overall just makes me so more than happy that I switched. I still am keeping my Nexus 5X as a toy to play with the new Android N OS that is upcoming, but other than that my daily driver is DEFINITELY the iPhone. I will certainly entertain the iPhone 7 this fall, but the SE just feels so right and operates so well. I am satisfied with my decision by far!

Apple has done a REALLY, REALLY good thing indeed with bringing back the old, but new (we'll say "refreshed") style.

Pretty much the same here.
I really liked my Moto G 2015, and may get T-Mobile $3 per month plan for a backup, but when Apple came out with the SE, I jumped right away.
I have Android M on the Moto G and it is very nice, but I still prefer the SE.
I doubt I'll ever go back.

rdmartin1

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Mixed feelings. I'm an Android user who switched for the complete Apple ecosystem benefits. I had a 5s for work before so I knew what to expect size wise. However, I'm struggling to adapt this time. The keys are too small and the screen can be unresponsive at times. Some buttons I am finding you have to press off center. I went with this phone mainly because I'm making the switch mid cycle and didn't want to pay full price for the 6s plus and turn around and get the 7 pro. So it is serving its purpose. Camera is awesome, battery life is spectacular and overall other than a few gripes and personal preferences I am enjoying it and will do so until October.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
If the SE was my only device I'd give it a 10 hands down. My problem is I have an SE for personal use and a 6s that is work issued. When I get home and am using my SE it feels a bit cramped, but then I get use to it and go back to being extremely happy. It's funny though because it's like everyday i have to readjust to the screen size. I wish I just had 2 SE's.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes.

I'm currently using a iPhone 6s+ instead of the SE and it's amazing how I need 2 hands to use this thing!

With the SE I can walk, talk, drive (I know), etc....all while using my SE in one hand easily.

With the 6s+, I need 2 hands all the time and I can't hold anything while typing on it. The only good things about the 6s+ is no more use while driving (I have to leave it in the hands free mount) and zero typing errors (keyboard is nice and wide). Other than those 2 things, I'm missing my SE lol.

josh3326

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
It's a great phone. I missed the small phones I used to take while running. I used to sport two large phones while working, but now I carry the iPhone SE and the Nexus 6p. I gave up the s7edge for now.

The SE is the best iPhone for value, as it has many of the same things as the 6s, but in a smaller casing and and fantastic price. When I do buy the latest phone on the market, I will have to give this up, but it makes a great iPod. ;)

DocGo

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
I have used the 6 then 6+ then 6S and 6S+...my siblings are now enjoying these phones they inherited from me since I am truly happy with the SE. I used to want to do everything on my phone but now, am glad to use the phone as a phone (and workout buddy). For my multimedia needs and anything that needed a bigger screen, my 12.9" iPad Pro fills that spot.

delbertallan

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I purchased the SE right after it. Was released! I'm coming from the Blackberry Priv. I LOVE the SE. Just the perfect little phone. The camera is amazing, and the phone is so fast!

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I just came back from a DisneyWorld vacation and I have to say the form factor of the SE worked wonderfully, whether I was waiting in line to ride Thunder Mountain, or that I was looking at my next fast pass. The size and features made it a great addition.

TheRadBear

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Hi Gang,

Got mine last Friday in Rose Gold; it's awesome, exactly as I wanted it to be.

Stay tuned for more updated.

Cheers!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711