What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Preorders start tomorrow March 24, and the phones should be in hand around March 31. I'm sure we'll see a lot then! Looking forward to the reports.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I was happy, then I was kinda disappointed (typing on the smaller keyboard takes focus unlike my 6 I had and the external speaker is noticeably lacking compared to my 6). Now 3 days in I've experienced some joy as using it one handed while on the go is much better than my 6 was. Still not used to the cramped keyboard again though and wish the speaker was better.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I'm ecstatic, I'm really enjoying the size of the phone, yes typing does take some adjustment, but overall, the user experience for me has been nothing but positive.

sangs

Trusted Member
Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Back in one-handed bliss again. Very pleased. Speaker is muddy, but I don't use it much, prefer headphones if I'm going to consume media on it, and the headphones sound fantastic.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm loving it! I am loving the combo of power, great camera, great connectivity all in a small sized phone that I can use one handed. I can possibly see this phone as the last one I'll be buying for a while, because it has everything I want and need in a phone. I had most of that with the 5s, but the SE blows the 5s away. Additionally, it has Band 12 which is essential at work for me. I have already seen the difference in my connectivity and it's been 3 full work days! No more dropped calls! No more struggling to load webpages/apps in the parking lot!

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Loved it at first, then thought it might be a little small for everyday use?

Now that I'm a full week in, I love this phone! 100% my favorite phone (and I've had them all) of all time! The size, battery life, speed, etc...are all amazing. The one handed use is probably my single most favorite feature though.

For typing I'm using SwiftKey (thanks libra89) and it makes typing/texting a lot easier and I can swype to type, which I love as well.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Loving my SE! Was unsure at first - keyboard reasons like others. But now I'm at ease and really don't even mind the screen size. The overriding benefits for me are pocketability, one-handed use (I don't have large hands) and just overall design (I prefer the squared look and no camera bump!). Speed is there, as is battery life. It's a win.

As for the speaker - I'm quite pleased with it. That was my one worry. My old 5 had a very weak speaker (no doubt wasn't helped by lint/dirt stuck in the grille after 2 years as my main phone). The SE has a nice LOUD speaker. Mine is clear. No issues.

tica02

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I seriously have a phone switching problem. I had two iPhone 4s different colors. I had 2 5's and a 5s. I had a 6 plus, a 6 and a 6s. Intermingled with various android phones that I thought I'd like and hated. I get bored very easily and want something new after five seconds all the time. Meaning I seriously have the luckiest kids and family members in the world because they get passed everything that I don't sell lol. My husband rolls his eyes all the time.

On that note, I love the SE. The iPhone 5 form factor was easily my favorite and most comfortable of all of them. It fits in my pocket, my small hands can reach everything. If I feel like I need a bigger device at home I have an iPad mini. I'm truly hoping this phone stops me from my insane trading problem. So far a week in I'm in love with it.

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
The reason I mentioned I wasn't too keen on the external right off the bat I needed to use navigation leaving Best Buy where I got the phone to get to work. I could barely hear the announcements and never had that issue with my 6. I work in a lab environment where there's lots of computers and all the fans spinning make a decent background hum. I've been watching the cnn app lately trying to keep up with the presidential race and was bummed when I found I need to have the SE volume at 95% to match my 6 at 60%. That's just for comfortable listening. So that one more click of volume doesn't give me much room where as on the 6 I could crank it and have it actually be a bit loud.

apple_power_user

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I knew that I would really like it coming from the 5S, but I have to say, I absolutely love it. Blazing fast, over 10 hours of on-screen battery life, beautiful form. What's not to like?

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I am intrigued by the SE. Not sure why? I have the 6s+ and love it. I don't know if I could live without 3D touch anymore

Anyone else coming from the 6+??

Posted via the iMore App for Android

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I am intrigued by the SE. Not sure why? I have the 6s+ and love it. I don't know if I could live without 3D touch anymore

Anyone else coming from the 6+??

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Yep... 6 Plus and 6S Plus... Quite liking the shrink-grade to the SE... Missing 3D Touch a little bit but it's by no means a deal breaker.

Robert Shouse

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I had the 6. When I saw that this phone was coming out, I had to have it. The design of the phone was the big draw for me. Plus more memory and a better camera. The smaller screen is a non issue for me.

maflynn

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
As I was commuting into the office yesterday, I was thinking about how well the SE fits within my needs. I can easily use it one handed on the subway, which is really useful as you're typically standing up. In the pocket, its not that cumbersome. Overall, I'm really liking the form factor :D

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The reason I mentioned I wasn't too keen on the external right off the bat I needed to use navigation leaving Best Buy where I got the phone to get to work. I could barely hear the announcements and never had that issue with my 6. I work in a lab environment where there's lots of computers and all the fans spinning make a decent background hum. I've been watching the cnn app lately trying to keep up with the presidential race and was bummed when I found I need to have the SE volume at 95% to match my 6 at 60%. That's just for comfortable listening. So that one more click of volume doesn't give me much room where as on the 6 I could crank it and have it actually be a bit loud.

Weird - maybe you should get it checked? You don't have volume limit enabled by accident do you?

My SE is easily as loud as my 6S Plus is. I'm actually quite pleased with how loud it is. (maybe 6S Plus just wasn't that loud LOL).

In any case... no speaker complaints or issues here.