What's your feeling after buying iPhone SE?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
Three days is definitely not enough time to make an educated decision IMO. Buy another SE, give it at least a week (but not more than the 14 day return period), and make an informed decision. It sounds to me like the SE is perfect for you.

You are 100% correct and it will also confirm to my wife that I am insane! She teases me every time a new box arrives at home with another phone in it

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
You are 100% correct and it will also confirm to my wife that I am insane! She teases me every time a new box arrives at home with another phone in it

I agree with @Rob Phillips for the most part. Three days is enough to know if you can't stand something! lol. I have lost track of how many phones I have tried this year. I think something else to consider is, how important is screen size to you? That should help some. I like the small size factor and package of the SE, in general. However, the other phones I switch around with it are bigger, by at least an inch.

While I enjoy the size, and battery life of the SE, the lack of customization in iOS frustrates me. It bothers me enough to switch back and forth lol. I think it would help to decide what is the most important things to you to have in a phone. You never want to be in a position where you are adjusting your habits because of a phone (it's different if you want to, though but doing it without realizing isn't cool).

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I try to keep in mind my actual usage. What do I actually do on a daily basis. The 6S+ is an amazing phone, but it is very hard to lug around and that is a problem. (such a first world problem). I think the lack of screen size will limit me from writing long emails and analyzing spreadsheets and things that require more screen real estate and for those times, I have my Ipad Pro or my MacBook Pro, or my work desktop..... I really think the SE would be perfect and I shouldn't have panicked and set it back...

Lesson learned.. The new SE is on the way and I will have it tomorrow

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree with @Rob Phillips for the most part. Three days is enough to know if you can't stand something! lol.

There's a difference between not being able to stand something and truly understanding whether or not it fits your lifestyle and usage. It took me about a week to get used to my 6 Plus.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I try to keep in mind my actual usage. What do I actually do on a daily basis. The 6S+ is an amazing phone, but it is very hard to lug around and that is a problem. (such a first world problem). I think the lack of screen size will limit me from writing long emails and analyzing spreadsheets and things that require more screen real estate and for those times, I have my Ipad Pro or my MacBook Pro, or my work desktop..... I really think the SE would be perfect and I shouldn't have panicked and set it back...

Lesson learned.. The new SE is on the way and I will have it tomorrow

I get what you mean. Let us know how that goes for you! Occasionally editing something I typed bugs me on the SE, but it's never work related so I can only imagine how that goes for you.

There's a difference between not being able to stand something and truly understanding whether or not it fits your lifestyle and usage. It took me about a week to get used to my 6 Plus.

Great point, I couldn't agree more.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
This size issue is something I really don't get. The first bag phones and brick sized handhelds were met with the this is cool but I wish they can make it smaller talk and then the race was on

I knew I would love my SE before I bought it because I never went further than my 5s and handling my GFs 6+ actually made me Nauseous.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi libra89. Thinking of getting an SE. What's your thoughts on the quality of the speaker in terms of conversations?

I have had a good number of phone calls, without any issues. The speaker is pretty good. I have had no issues being heard or being able to hear someone on the line.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I just received my SE yesterday and spent a lot of time on the phone. The call quality was good. It seems the same as my 6S+ that I had before. I didn't really concentrate on the call quality but since I didn't even think about it, must have said that it was good.

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
I am not sure if this has anything to do with the size of the SE, but in my first few days, I seem to be using it less than I did the 6s+. Maybe this is because I am thinking of the SE as a PHONE and not a computer?

All the good reasons for getting the SE are becoming apparent. you hardly know that you are carrying it and the battery is a non issue. It just lasts all day! It is almost like a grew another hand. I am not carrying around my 6S+ in one of my hands and it is very refreshing.

Tomorrow is the big test. Back to work and the daily grind....

Snappy Phoenix

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had a good number of phone calls, without any issues. The speaker is pretty good. I have had no issues being heard or being able to hear someone on the line.

The speaker on this iPhone SE is amazing, the loud speaker is louder than my previous Galaxy S7 and my HTC 10! superb quality for such a small and cheap device.

leslie haw

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure if this has anything to do with the size of the SE, but in my first few days, I seem to be using it less than I did the 6s+. Maybe this is because I am thinking of the SE as a PHONE and not a computer?

Many wives may want to get the SE for their husbands just based on these words alone!

tokuzumi

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
It's a decent phone, but it's not without issues. I'm finding out that apps are coded for the larger, higher resolution screens, so touch accuracy is pretty spotty. I have to click on things multiple times to get the screen to recognize what my intent is. I will click on something in the upper right corner in an email/webpage, and it shoots up to the top of the page/email. Camera is great, and the phone runs games/apps/etc like warm butter.

Would I buy this device again? No.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
It's a decent phone, but it's not without issues. I'm finding out that apps are coded for the larger, higher resolution screens, so touch accuracy is pretty spotty. I have to click on things multiple times to get the screen to recognize what my intent is. I will click on something in the upper right corner in an email/webpage, and it shoots up to the top of the page/email. Camera is great, and the phone runs games/apps/etc like warm butter.

Would I buy this device again? No.

Can I ask what apps you are experiencing this with? I noticed that with the touch.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
First hiccup of this test. I dropped a few calls in areas that I had no problem with the 6S+. Could the strength of the antennas be different on the two phones?

RobertP1

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2016
Visit site
That is a problem. This is on my commute to and from the office. I spend the entire ride on the phone and that must work. I need to find out for sure

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234