iPhone SE: AMA!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Does it feel weird going back to a smaller size iPhone, despite the SE's specs, and could it [4" iPhone] once again become your primary smartphone?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Does it feel weird going back to a smaller size iPhone, despite the SE's specs, and could it [4" iPhone] once again become your primary smartphone?

Yeah, it does, especially since I've been rocking the 5.5-inch Plus size for 18 months. The human mind is pretty malleable, though, and it resets quickly.

I think I'll still end up preferring the bigger iPhone, but I'll give this a couple weeks of fair shot!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
The lack of 3D Touch - will/would you miss it?
Fluidity/performance? Does it feel like a modern phone?

I've gotten pretty used to 3D Touch on iPhone 6s Plus, I won't lie. I use my iPad regularly though too, which doesn't have it, so I think my brain is compartmentalized.

It's absolutely a nice-to-have but it isn't yet a must have. Even the Touchpad keyboard mode doesn't seem as necessary on the smaller screen.

I do miss the handiness of it, though.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
What's it feel like in your hand compared to the 5S? I'm curious how the matte finish on the sides changes how it feels. Thanks!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Apple not forcing the embargo?

Also, through your use so far has there been overheating of any sort? I only ask because since the casing hasn't changed and the guts are much more powered I consider it a possibility.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Can you confirm if it is 2gb ram or 1gb ram? I am seeing conflicting posts about this.

Same here. Eventually someone will rip one open and confirm. Apple didn't mention anything during Monday's event and there web site doesn't say anything either.

I was really looking fwd to 3D Touch but alas, sans this feature I believe I will abstain. Sooooo close.

It's possible that 3D Touch will be available on a future model. Hang in there!

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Apple not forcing the embargo?

Also, through your use so far has there been overheating of any sort? I only ask because since the casing hasn't changed and the guts are much more powered I consider it a possibility.

The only time it got even close to warm was when I plugged it into iTunes to do a restore from encrypted backup.

A9 is pretty great thermals.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711