iPhone SE: AMA!

Ronaldildo

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I'm an old school iPhone 5 user who struggles to upgrade when my current phone is doing exactly what I need it to do. The 5 is just starting to frustrate me on speed so it's time for the big question... jump up to the SE, or squeeze another six months out of it and hold on for the 7?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Wondering why no 32gb. Seems like this is the onboard storage sweet spot for most folks. Not 64gb.

A few reasons. For Apple it drives upgrades to 64 which increases average selling price (what shareholders and analysts care about) and product mix.

Apple also price-dropped 64 GB by $100 in 2014, so you essentially get 64 at what you used to get 32.

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
I'm an old school iPhone 5 user who struggles to upgrade when my current phone is doing exactly what I need it to do. The 5 is just starting to frustrate me on speed so it's time for the big question... jump up to the SE, or squeeze another six months out of it and hold on for the 7?

If you want to stay at 4-inches, go iPhone SE. If you want bigger, wait for iPhone 7.

avokodo

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Rene how would you say the battery life is ? Reading the official battery stats it almost sounds like it's supposed to be almost as good as iPhone 6 Plus battery life.

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it does, especially since I've been rocking the 5.5-inch Plus size for 18 months. The human mind is pretty malleable, though, and it resets quickly.

I think I'll still end up preferring the bigger iPhone, but I'll give this a couple weeks of fair shot!

Its actually a really interesting debate because if you take me for example. i now a Blackberry Q5 which has a 3.1" inch screen. So for me its actually a really big screen upgrade and to me, it would feel like i had tones of screen real-estate to work with.

So people shouldn't write it off and say its a silly little phone because to some, its actually a big improvement.

Im not sure if this has been asked before but, how is the battery life?

thats one of the most important things to me :)

restlessdan

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
is it strange to hold a phone that is an older design phone but yet upgraded at the same time, and what do you think about apple using an older design again?

I have no problem with the design its not for me but i can see who this is aimed at my partner for example, she can't wait for this phone perfect size for her.

anon(763)

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Actually more curious about the quality of the camera output vs iPhone 6S's. Same sensor, same processor, same software - but are the results the same, too?

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I heard it has 13 hour battery life, does that hold true? Also what's the battery life like with bluetooth on? Do you know if they've improved the headphone jack / sound quality at all? Does SE have live photos?

Rctwat

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Just wondering if the SE supports fast charging like my 6S Plus & is the speaker quality identical to the 5S or improved.

Alan
Belper UK

luutukhanh49

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Does it feel weird going back to a smaller size iPhone, despite the SE's specs, and could it [4" iPhone] once again become your primary smartphone?

I used to use s7e so it was much bigger than the SE but Im so happywith my phone now. It has absolutely everything I've ever want in a phone. Beside if i want to play game or watch movies. I have my ipad so its a great combination for me. Cheer

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711