Best Cases for the iPhone SE!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I like the feel of the Apple leather case but button sensitivity is reduced a bit too much for my taste. It's hard to adjust volume. The search goes on, I guess. I didn't notice before I took it off that the red case is (PRODUCT)RED (Apple sends part of the profits to fight HIV/AIDS in 8 African countries). For that reason I'll keep it instead of returning it. Heck, if I don't find my ideal case I might come back to this one. :)

Does your case have the metal buttons? On my Apple leather cases, the metal buttons don't really feel any different than the phone's volume and power buttons. I'd suggest taking it into an Apple Store and see if you can't get a replacement red case that has better button feel.

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Does your case have the metal buttons? On my Apple leather cases, the metal buttons don't really feel any different than the phone's volume and power buttons. I'd suggest taking it into an Apple Store and see if you can't get a replacement red case that has better button feel.

Thanks, but since it cost $8 (refurb) and the nearest Apple Store is a 280 mile round trip, it makes more sense to buy somethng else. ;)

Last edited:

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It's this Apple case:

https://www.apple.com/search/iPhone-SE-Leather-Case-Saddle-Brown#mn_p

No metal buttons, just leather bumps as you can see in the attached photo from that web page.

It's my fault. When I posted, I was thinking I'd clicked on the 7 Plus case thread. The 7 Plus was, so far as I know, the first case to have the metal buttons on the leather case -- and they do make a huge difference. I can understand you having issues with the SE leather case; I wish Apple would update the leather cases for their other phones.

On my SE I have an Ullu leather case and they made the smart move of just having cutouts for the buttons. It's not quite as protective, having those cutouts, but you don't have the issues with button presses.

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
It's my fault. When I posted, I was thinking I'd clicked on the 7 Plus case thread. The 7 Plus was, so far as I know, the first case to have the metal buttons on the leather case -- and they do make a huge difference. I can understand you having issues with the SE leather case; I wish Apple would update the leather cases for their other phones.

On my SE I have an Ullu leather case and they made the smart move of just having cutouts for the buttons. It's not quite as protective, having those cutouts, but you don't have the issues with button presses.

Hmm maybe I should try that on my 7 plus. I hadn't even looked at them yet, phone is still in the mail.

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
Newly arrived, my extremely minimal case that might be more accurately described as a skin. Just 0.35mm thick, flush with the volume buttons. Translucent gray, Apple logo shows through, a nice match for Space Gray. No raised screen bumper—this is for those of us who want to run naked, but don't want scratches. Paired with a tempered glass screen protector.

Attachments

• Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Image 4.jpg
    Image 4.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 9

Tinkernaught

May 29, 2017
Visit site
... And I ended up going back to Apple's Product Red leather case. For grip, protection, and good looks on my Space Gray SE.

Isn't it wonderful to only have First World issues such as which case to use, which premium phone to buy, which size of premium phone works best for me? I need to be more thankful for what I have. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 3

timee80

May 30, 2015
Visit site
9a9037e5b34842ce4b15987f5cb36554.jpg

I went for this spider carbon rugged armour and love it

Spirit Vision Photography

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I wonder how much bulk the Otterboxes would add? I mean, I get it, but one of the big 'features' of the SE is the reduced size. Plopping it into a chunky case kind of defeats part of the purpose?

Trade off I suppose... protection vs. form. Or something.

The Otterbox Commuter, adds very little bulk. It's perfect. Their Defender model adds quite a bit of bulk.

SVP

camaroz1985

Trusted Member
Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Took off my Pirates skin, and switched up the case for football season. Love the look of this case. Also got an Andrew McCutchen case from the same company, but that was a soft case, and the fit was terrible (like it was made for a thinner phone). I got a refund on that one, even though I loved how it looked.

Attachments

• WP_20170915_12_40_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170915_12_40_04_Pro.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 5

jlee44

Sep 20, 2017
Visit site
I use the Apple leather case. I also use a mophie space pack 64gb battery case, only when I know I will need extra juice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods