iPhone SE Starts at $399...

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
That's pretty good and a little shocking....anyone else just a little surprised the new SE doesn't look, at least a little, different than the old 5S? I thought they would have changed the look. This is not a gripe as the 5S is still the best looking phone ever made IMO...but, I'm a little surprised.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Starts at $399...

I was expecting it to look exactly like the 5s, its what customers want. Im really surprised at the price point, i mean REALLY surprised.

mdcool

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site

I'm really not shocked, because the 5S design was awesome. I'm happy they brought it back with the updates. I'm leaning more towards getting the SE, but I might wait for the 7 to release later on this year.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

I'm definitely digging that price. I'm not one of the guys that needs a lot of space. If I don't use something for a while, I delete. All I need is 16 gigs and have never come close to using all of it. So...I'm pretty happy.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Remember had it started at $449 (16GB) like the 5S, the 64GB would still be $499 just like the 5S. It's really only good news for whomever is looking for 16GB. They'd be the only ones to save $50.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

I'm definitely digging that price. I'm not one of the guys that needs a lot of space. If I don't use something for a while, I delete. All I need is 16 gigs and have never come close to using all of it. So...I'm pretty happy.

I feel exactly the same way. When I saw the price, I screamed and then freaked out for 5 minutes. (No really, I did.) I got myself to look at the specs and then I freaked out again. It is funny that it looks like the 5s though, but it's fine. We can assume that the same cases would fit, yes?

BriniaSona

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site

The price point is really good for people wanting to get their kids the 16gb version

Or for broke people with minimum wage jobs like myself who can't afford to buy their girlfriend the super expensive iPhone 6s. Where do people get the money to buy their 3 kids each a new iPhone.

MooMooPrincess

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure haha, but a lot of parents get their young children iphones. Im 100% sure your gf would be ecstatic if you got her one or even if you didnt :)

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Not surprised by either honestly. It's been said all along it was going to look almost identical to the 5. And as far as the price, Apple has always had a low priced iPhone on the market. Whether they lowered the price on their third most recent product or introduced a new product (5c). So it wasn't a real surprise. It wouldn't make sense to price it close to the 6S, imo. The pricing is very respectable for this product to me and I honestly feel like anything higher would be a little too much.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site

Or for broke people with minimum wage jobs like myself who can't afford to buy their girlfriend the super expensive iPhone 6s. Where do people get the money to buy their 3 kids each a new iPhone.
I used to work in retail and I would see it all the time. The latest iPhone releases and parents are rushing in to get their kids one. I wasn't so much shocked at the price they are spending but more the fact that they are actually buying their kids such expensive gadgets. Kids are the hardest on these things. Do I have the money to get my kid the most recent iPhone? Sure...WILL I? Nahhhhh.

Snowman81

Feb 13, 2007
Visit site

Personally I'm super happy with what I've seen of the iPhone SE so far. Quite often with small smartphones they get shafted when it comes to specs. So for Apple to include the CPU and camera from from the big boy iPhone 6S is pretty awesome in my book. The SE not having force touch is fine by me....it's not really a "must have" feature.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Very stoked here as well. I think it really adds breadth to the lineup and gives the smaller iPhone people a reason to keep on using the size they love. Very good decision on the part of Apple.

becominglessme

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I think this is a great move on Apple's part. It always bothered me that every year it was something "newer" and "greater", i.e. "Best iPhone Ever". Can't we just stick with a model that works instead of always changing every year?! I know that's how they make tons of money. So I love that they went backwards and using the 5S model. My wife has it and loves it. Maybe I'll look into upgrading from the 5C now.

Arhionvar

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'd love the price if I lived in the US. Sadly it looks like us Canadians won't be catching a break with this one, probably with the phone costing more than just the conversion rate would let on.

clouds0222

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about going from the 6s to the SE. I have always loved that size and would love to go back, even though I have adapted to the 4"7 size pretty well. My question is would I have enough space to go to a 16GB model. I have the 6s, 64GB model now. In Settings it says I have capacity of 55.5 GB with available showing 48.5. I also use the 50GB storage option in iCloud and have 46GB available there. I don't have a ton of apps....just a few trusted ones I use mainly. I use iCloud Photo Library for photos. Would anyone be able to tell from my current phone settings if a 16GB option would be feasible for me? I always go with the 64GB version and have tons of space left....thanks for any help and input!!

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm seriously thinking about going from the 6s to the SE. I have always loved that size and would love to go back, even though I have adapted to the 4"7 size pretty well. My question is would I have enough space to go to a 16GB model. I have the 6s, 64GB model now. In Settings it says I have capacity of 55.5 GB with available showing 48.5. I also use the 50GB storage option in iCloud and have 46GB available there. I don't have a ton of apps....just a few trusted ones I use mainly. I use iCloud Photo Library for photos. Would anyone be able to tell from my current phone settings if a 16GB option would be feasible for me? I always go with the 64GB version and have tons of space left....thanks for any help and input!!

To me, it sounds like you don't use most of your space so I think you'll be just fine with 16gb. I use my phone similarly.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox