What is the full specification of iPhone SE?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple doesn't release information on specs until they announce the device to the public. So far, everything is rumor. Some of the rumors include a 4" screen, an A9 processesor, Apple Pay enabled, and the same camera as the 6s. But we won't know anything for sure until Monday.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Although I'm sure it will run fine - the 1GB Ram is a deal breaker for me. I will be sitting this one out and wait for the 7.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I wasn't aware Apple announced it at 1GB but I was reading the FAQ iMore posted on the 5SE and they have it listed at 1GB. I agree though. That is a bit disappointing.

Did Apple announce it? I don't know if I missed that. But if they didn't I wouldn't rely on the listing that iMore put up in the FAQ because the memory would have to be confirmed once it's torn down. I still think it'll be 2GB though if nothing has officially been put out there.

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
They didn't announce it. The iMore comparison article lists it at 1GB, but that comparison has a lot of misinformed information in it so I have to assume they are just guessing.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Did Apple announce it? I don't know if I missed that. But if they didn't I wouldn't rely on the listing that iMore put up in the FAQ because the memory would have to be confirmed once it's torn down. I still think it'll be 2GB though if nothing has officially been put out there.

They didn't announce it. The iMore comparison article lists it at 1GB, but that comparison has a lot of misinformed information in it so I have to assume they are just guessing.

I didn't think they did but I would hope iMore wouldn't spread misinformation like that. I don't know. Doesn't so much matter to me either way because I'm not getting the SE.

horizon286

Feb 4, 2016
Visit site
Well I'd pretty believe it's only 1GB of RAM. Considering the price and that they have to differentiate it from 6S in terms of internal hardware. No 3D Touch and 1GB of RAM is a logical step. I really doubt they'd put the price that low (in Apple terms) with the exact same internals (except 3D Touch). Just like you lack OIS, FHD display and some software functions on 6S but you have it on 6S Plus.

Zacharyw70

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It's possible there is only 1GB since they have also made a few other cutbacks in relation to the iPhone 6/6 Plus, but I feel like the lack of 3D Touch would be a big enough think to offer the price difference. Also if I recall correctly the Apple A9 has the 2GB of RAM included inside the CPU package so unless they are specifically building a separate A9 for the SE (Which would be expensive) it further justifies why they'd stick with 2GB of RAM for it.

For references sake here are the things the iPhone SE lacks.
-First Generation TouchID which is the one used in iPhone 5S/6/6 Plus instead of the faster sensor in the iPhone 6S/6S Plus.
-Same Front-Facing "Selfie" camera as the iPhone 6/6 Plus.
-No "MIMO" WiFi whatever that is used for.
-No Barometer which even the iPhone 6/6 Plus had.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal