Excitement grows for the SE...

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't been this excited about a new phone in a long time! I'm terribly impatient. So many questions yet to be answered about this thing. Strangely, I'm excited to see how this phone does when it goes on sale. I really believe that people are going to be very surprised at how well it does. I know many people that were waiting on another 4 incher from the mighty Apple.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I won't be surprised at all, especially if it'll contain specs similar to the iPhone 6S. Those of us who already own those devices are already accustomed to its speed and fluidity associated with iOS 9. Know what I mean?

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Sure will be interesting on Tuesday. I will be streaming it for the play by play. My sons are anxious for it and so am I. If it even comes close to the 6s that will be one awesome phone. I need a smaller phone for when I ride my motorcycle. I will also be getting the 7 Plus when it comes out. Exciting times over the next several months hopefully.

ericjvilla

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I never really cared much for a larger screen anyway which is why I'm looking forward to when the SE becomes a reality. I don't really do a lot video streaming on my iPhone...just the basics - email, texting, voice calls (who still does this?). I just need a new iPhone with the same pocket ability as my iPhone 5, but newer hardware and technology. Can't wait to see what Apple has in store next week.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what the numbers would have to look like for this to be seen as a success. I'm not really expecting this to do THAT great. Sure it might get some of the folks holding on the their iPhone 5 devices but I'm not sure it's going to do much beyond that. And maybe get some of those holding on to the iPhone 4 series devices to switch. I think the industry as a whole is moving to larger screens. You'll obviously have the Apple loyalists like some of the people on this site saying they'll get this phone and the 7. But those are the exceptions, I think. I'm interested to see how it does as well. I personally will be surprised if it does much over their expectations.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
I wonder what the numbers would have to look like for this to be seen as a success. I'm not really expecting this to do THAT great. Sure it might get some of the folks holding on the their iPhone 5 devices but I'm not sure it's going to do much beyond that. And maybe get some of those holding on to the iPhone 4 series devices to switch. I think the industry as a whole is moving to larger screens. You'll obviously have the Apple loyalists like some of the people on this site saying they'll get this phone and the 7. But those are the exceptions, I think. I'm interested to see how it does as well. I personally will be surprised if it does much over their expectations.

I think it will be great in providing options. That seems to be working for Apple now, considering that you can still buy a new 5s from carriers and also the Apple store.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I think it'll sell. There are a lot of people who don't want large devices who are holding on to their 5 and 5s.

Ariza16

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
i honestly don't think the 5SE will do good, and they probably wont produce that many. i know some people holding to their smaller iPhones because "it perfect for their small hands" i thought the 5S was the perfect phone for a long time, then i got the 6 and now i want the plus. it'll make some people happy.

wnaylor

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I think it will sell because they are many people who think the iPhone 6 and 6S are too large. If the iPhone 5SE has the same equipment as those models they may opt for it instead. The camera and processing speed are the key for me.

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Sure will be interesting on Tuesday. I will be streaming it for the play by play. My sons are anxious for it and so am I. If it even comes close to the 6s that will be one awesome phone. I need a smaller phone for when I ride my motorcycle. I will also be getting the 7 Plus when it comes out. Exciting times over the next several months hopefully.

Actually, it is on Monday. :)