Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can never go back in size from my 6s Plus. I was one a few years ago who did not want to move from the 4s size but big is 100% better.

I own a 6s plus, iPad Pro 12.9" and a MacBook Air 13" which is the best range of products I have ever owned. Each have their good points but none can do without the other in my world.

The only thing that would get me to go back to a smaller phone would be financial constraints beyond my control. But I'll fight tooth and nail to keep the Plus size iPhone going forward. That SE is a cute little bugger though. It'd make a great second phone to carry out on the boat.

EaglePilot81

Banned
Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
My 6s plus is on eBay right now. I can't wait to get my hands on a smaller phone. I thought I would like the bigger screen, but it ended up just being annoying and in the way. I mostly use my iPad for everything, work and personal. The only thing that sucks is there is no 128gb or (this would be sweet) a 256gb option. I store lots of photos, music, and podcast on my phone.

MarksBusiness

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone ! I'm here for the giveaway from iMore. Just hit me up if you need help. I know everything about the new iPhone SE... You know, i just saw the keynote last week. :straight-face:

Oh... stupid me ! I would definitely buy a 4-inch iPhone: you know, small hands, tight jeans, no big user of multimedia, most calls&messages. It should suits me well. Seems legit. :coffee:

tjedson

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting one on launch day. Will be trading in my 4s so this is a larger screen for me.

I would like to get a 6s but I love the $250 saving in my pocket even more than 3D touch, an extra row of icon and the other minor improvements the 6s has over the SE.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I don't want one, but it's great for people who can't afford the other iphones. I guess it's apple's way of trying to monopolize the market.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean like they're trying to maximize the amount of people with iphones. Like they're appealing to all sides of the market so that all sides will buy iphones instead of turning to other phone companies to get a small phone.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Monopolize the market? They were seeing many requests for a new 4" screen iphone. So they made one. LOL

I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean like they're trying to maximize the amount of people with iphones. Like they're appealing to all sides of the market so that all sides will buy iphones instead of turning to other phone companies to get a small phone.

libra89

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site

Imo, Apple has been one of the only, if not the only (at least for a 4" display) to make smaller phones that don't have horrible specs, just because they are small. My brother noticed this himself. He was considering Android but it was pretty much impossible to get a good phone in that size.

bzeroh56

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Imo, Apple has been one of the only, if not the only (at least for a 4" display) to make smaller phones that don't have horrible specs, just because they are small. My brother noticed this himself. He was considering Android but it was pretty much impossible to get a good phone in that size.

Definitely. Are there any good phone companies besides apple :D? Apple's kinda great at being in tune with what a demographic wants so I was surprised when I thought that they were ditching the 4 in. entirely for the bigger 6 phones, but I guess they realized that their market doesn't necessarily believe bigger is better.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
it's great for people who can't afford the other iphones.

I do not think its because of price consideration only, at least not so in the first world. Besides small hands (Trump?), kids and other reasons, there are enough people who use their phone as a tool, not necessarily an entertainment device. Price only helps. Some people who already had the latest phones are replacing them with a smaller (compact?) phones. That should not be a price consideration, no? :)

MLCastaneda

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I would definitely buy one! I've been using my old iPhone 5 and I love the smaller screens, plus the ability to put it in my pocket with no problem. I'm short (5'2") and my hands are smaller so a small phone makes sense, too 😋.

Lefty724

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
Yes. I've had all the latest and greatest phones out there. I buy and sell phones all the times since I like to try new stuff.

Right now I have a iPhone 6, Galaxy Note 5, and my iPhone 5s.

Lately I've been on the quest for a small(er) phone and tried he BB Classic but the lack of apps and OS just didn't cut it for me.

Before I even knew about the SE I went back to my iPhone 5s and loved it accept for the specs. I prefer the size, lock button and screen size...but I'm used to faster speed phones and the 5s was lacking to me. So the SE is God sent.

I will 100% get a SE and sell off every other device that I have and stick with the SE from here on out.

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Personally? No. I'm one of those people with a 6 Plus, and I am convinced that with some smaller bezels/edges they could get a tad larger screen on it with little to no change in body size... Well, as convinced as I can be with out getting out a tape measure...
But no, smaller is not for me. I have bad eyes and large hands, and the size of the 6 plus body is nearly perfect.

dlashworthjr

Mar 29, 2016
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

As a "Budget" phone, yes. I left one of the big four carriers for a smaller MNVO one and love that my phone bill went from $95, to $35. Thats comes at a price though, I have to buy my own phones to use and that has me on a $100 Android phone, which is a really good phone, but I miss iOS and have been thinking about to trying to save up for the SE. funny thing is if I put away $100 every month right now, in five month, I'll be afford the 64GB iPhone SE. Yet five months from April, would put me in September, when the iPhone is released! If i was to hold off a few more months, I'd be able to afford a 7 by the end of the year! I kind of feel Apple should have started at $299, even if that meant to having the 6 parts and features on the inside, instead of the 6s. I would however buy the SE in a heartbeat none the less, if I was to stumble on extra money!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh