Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I just really would like to have the SE as a second phone. Anyone know if the SIM cards would interchange with the 6s Plus? Lol

orannius

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Although I'm in the market for a new phone, I don't think I could stay with a 4inch screen, I need something more substantial me thinks

Vadim Danilovich

Mar 26, 2016
Visit site
Watched many videos of comparing 5s to 6s and actually there is almost no difference between them in performance. A bit better camera in case of capturing in low light (day photos are nearly the same) - yes, but ... For me, personally, there is no sence in upgrade your 5s to se or at all buy se. If it has had a new design (like 6 models) so it could be a case, but it's in the same old design. So it's better to buy 5s for low price now if you like 4' size and I think for majority of people it'll be enough because difference in performance between a7 and a9 is insignificant

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Watched many videos of comparing 5s to 6s and actually there is almost no difference between them in performance. A bit better camera in case of capturing in low light (day photos are nearly the same) - yes, but ... For me, personally, there is no sence in upgrade your 5s to se or at all buy se. If it has had a new design (like 6 models) so it could be a case, but it's in the same old design. So it's better to buy 5s for low price now if you like 4' size and I think for majority of people it'll be enough because difference in performance between a7 and a9 is insignificant

But you can't get the 5s in 64 gb. And the SE is faster and smoother, along with the other new features.

delta4s

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

Yes. I haven't yet worked out how I'm going to carry a larger phone. Still using a 4S which is still great. When carrying it, I can access my 4S with both hands, and use it one handed securely. A larger phone will need to be in my pocket, which means access by only one hand, and uncomfortable one handed use. However, I'll be grateful if someone can design 5.5in screen for one handed use in the same size package as the SE.

tajkau

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site

I totally would. It?s a no brainer for me because I would be upgrading from an iPhone 4 to an iPhone SE. It?s the perfect phone for me because it?s the size of the 5s and it packs almost all the features of an iPhone 6s. Couldn?t be happier with Apple for this, tbh.

swest6602

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site

I think the SE is a great 'backup or busy day' phone. OK price for Apple, good specs, good battery (although a quick charge option would be nice). I prefer larger phone in general. I use my phone for messaging, music, reading, occasional work and for podcasts (video more than audio). I work in an office setting so having a big phone isn't generally an issue.

Although I do have both small and large tablets, I often read books on my phone, even at home. However, sometimes a big phone is more difficult (i,e. at a baseball game or a work event with lots of other things to carry). Having a phone that fits more easily into a pocket, is less obtrusive and keeps running longer is definitely a plus at times.

Ed Boland

Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm sticking with my iPhone 6S Plus (the iPhone Pro as I call it lol)

The GF however is telling me that she wants this new SE. She's ready for an upgrade from her aging 5S. I told her she should go with the 6S or 6S Plus, but she's insistent on the 4" size thing.

Tell me, this new SE phone does not have 3D Touch as I understand it.. Is that correct? That might be something that steers her away from it.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

-Well, if you value battery life then buying the 5S over the SE is actually NOT the way to go. I'm not sure how many cell phone users don't value battery life. Assuming the battery life is as good as reported. On that, we shall see.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm sticking with my iPhone 6S Plus (the iPhone Pro as I call it lol)

The GF however is telling me that she wants this new SE. She's ready for an upgrade from her aging 5S. I told her she should go with the 6S or 6S Plus, but she's insistent on the 4" size thing.

Tell me, this new SE phone does not have 3D Touch as I understand it.. Is that correct? That might be something that steers her away from it.

-You are correct. The SE does NOT have 3D Touch. It's something that I've tried on friends' 6S and 6S Plus' and find sort of novelty-ish. I don't think I'd use it and won't miss it. My friends rarely use it as well, but could see how some would value having that caveat in their phone.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
-Well, if you value battery life then buying the 5S over the SE is actually NOT the way to go. I'm not sure how many cell phone users don't value battery life. Assuming the battery life is as good as reported. On that, we shall see.

Great battery life is a selling tool. In actual usage, it doesn't matter if you upgrade at least every two years. Most users do. If your plan is to keep using a device for longer than 2 years, then battery life becomes more an issue. But even then, one can replace a battery. It's just not worth worrying about. The average battery should last 2 years.

artwest50

Dec 31, 2011
Visit site
I think I'll get a Gold IPhone SE 64GB after I try it out at either Verizon or Best Buy. I am getting sick and tired with holding on to Blackberry Z30. That phone is getting long at the tooth, and seeing some of the popular Apps leaving, and the general state of BB 10 OS leaves me with the feeling that maybe it's time to get back to something far more reliable! Did have an iPhone 4s back when it was out, so I'll get back to IOS for a lot more stability.

fourthbase

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Absolutely not. It's a good move from Apple but I'm finding that my iPhone 6 is too small now, not the opposite. When I upgrade I'll be getting the (hopefully slightly larger) iPhone 7.