If I buy the iPhone SE it would be more for the beauty than the need! It is a extremely gorgeous phone!!! I would bet my money on the design.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 04:46 AM
    Is there 100% confirmation of 1GB of RAM ?
    Nope. That is currently 100% speculation.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 05:23 AM
    Yes, I would. It would be great for my cycling tours...
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 05:52 AM
    Is there 100% confirmation of 1GB of RAM ?

Posted via the iMore App for Android
    Nothing official. Probably 1 gb. We won't know for certain until iFixit tears it down. Regardless of RAM, the SE will be a great phone. Better than the 5s ever was. And that's saying a lot.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-22-2016 06:03 AM
    iPhone SE appears on AnTuTu with 2 GB of RAM - SlashGear

i know this isn't exactly confirmation, but it's something until we have more info.
    pacorob, Ledsteplin and libra89 like this.
    03-22-2016 06:11 AM
    If it would have 2GB of RAM then I would definitely upgrade from my iPhone 5s > iPhone SE. I do think that the European prices are a bit high e.g. in the Netherlands: 489 euro for 16GB version and 589 euro for the 64GB version (source Apple.com/nl).
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 06:42 AM
    I would buy an iPhone SE over the 6 or 6s. Personally I have a small hand and would prefer a 4 inch phone. Moreover, Apple upgraded the interior making it as powerful as the 6s. I'll still take this as a good buy, although there is no 3D-touch.

Still if you have a big hand. Definitely a 4.7 inch or 5.5 phone size would be best.
    Ledsteplin and libra89 like this.
    03-22-2016 07:26 AM
    One point that I haven't seen made yet is that it still has the same screen from the 5s ( no Retina HD ). That's kind of a bummer IMO. I loved the small form factor but there's no way I could go back after having a 6 and 6s Plus Retina HD screen.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 07:42 AM
    One point that I haven't seen made yet is that it still has the same screen from the 5s ( no Retina HD ). That's kind of a bummer IMO. I loved the small form factor but there's no way I could go back after having a 6 and 6s Plus Retina HD screen.
    The retina display of the SE should be fine.
    03-22-2016 07:49 AM
    These are some differences between 6S and SE.

- No 3D Touch
    - No Taptic Engine (it uses a normal vibrator motor)
    - Older generation display (lower contrast ratio)
    - No Dual-domain pixels display (viewing angles not as good)

- No Cat 6 LTE
    - No MIMO support for Wifi
    - No barometer
    - Not using the 2nd gen Touch ID
    - Front camera 1.2MP

But to be fair easier to compare it to the iphone 6 since the price is nearer. when you do that, all the SE is lacking would be the ones in red. The SE even wins out in terms of camera capability and performance with the newer camera and processor. So not bad at all to me.
    03-22-2016 08:09 AM
    My 4" iPhone days are over. I'm holding to my iP6 until iP7 is available. iP6s wasn't a compelling enough upgrade for me.
    Ledsteplin and Fit24 like this.
    03-22-2016 09:13 AM
    I wouldn't for myself, I love the larger screen too much. But I'll be buying one for my wife to replace her 5S. She's been pining for the Rose Gold since it came out, but she doesn't want a larger phone. Plus now she can use Apple Pay. This will be the perfect upgrade for her.
    Ledsteplin, libra89 and robertk328 like this.
    03-22-2016 09:21 AM
    I wouldn't get one for myself as I'm happy with my iPhone 6s, but as soon as this new phone was revealed officially by Apple, I thought, hmm, maybe I'll grab one for my boyfriend at some point. He's on his second refurbished iPhone 5s and would probably like the faster speeds, better camera and other upgraded features.
    libra89 and Ledsteplin like this.
    03-22-2016 09:27 AM
    I wouldn't for myself, I love the larger screen too much. But I'll be buying one for my wife to replace her 5S. She's been pining for the Rose Gold since it came out, but she doesn't want a larger phone. Plus now she can use Apple Pay. This will be the perfect upgrade for her.
    I am debating the Rose Gold myself, since it will be accessible to me for the first time! I have a gold 5s now, but it's been hard because I care a lot about having cases match/go with the ring. :/ Silver seems to go with everything ever.
    I'm not getting gold again, either Rose Gold or Silver.
    Alex_Hong and Ledsteplin like this.
    03-22-2016 09:29 AM
    I'm thinking about it, but then I've been thinking about how my mom's plus last all day on it's charge.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 10:22 AM
    No chance. As a 6s+ owner, I think the iPhone 6/6s is small. My MIL had my old 5 for a while, and whenever I'd have to help her I would wonder how I ever used such a small phone. Once the plus came out I knew I'd never go back.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 10:46 AM
    Nope, I absolutely love my 6 Plus. I'm holding out for the (rumored of course) iPhone 7 Pro. I love the 5.5 inch screen and can't go back. My old iPhone 5 screen just seems so tiny to me now, lol. Plus, no 128gb option on the SE is a deal breaker too. I like to have all of my music (barely under 70 gb at the moment) stored locally on my iPhone instead of relying solely on streaming it. Just a personal preference.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 10:57 AM
    I'm 90% sure I'm getting one. I have a job that makes it really important to have my phone on me at all times, and I don't have the luxury of a desk to put it on or keeping my purse with me. That means it needs to be small enough to fit in my pocket, other staff with larger phones have had many accidents and one or two thefts because they have phones that hang out of their pockets. I also really like using my phone one handed and I can't do that with a larger one.
    libra89 likes this.
    03-22-2016 11:16 AM
    Personally my next phone with be the "Plus" version. However, the 16GB iPhone SE are going to be great options for my mom and mother-in-law. Think it offers them both a perfect device for their particular needs. Happy too at the price point.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 11:28 AM
    Yes I would go for it but maybe it's screen is a bit small in the current market.......but would not mind buying one because of its features which out power the screen size
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 12:46 PM
    Okay, you got me. I missed the fact that the SE only has 1 GB of RAM. Apple is very clever in its marketing. I'm assuming they felt that, from a marketing perspective, they didn't want the SE to look too much like the 6s. Who knows?
    Actually you got me and I apologize. The SE does in fact have 2GB of RAM.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 01:19 PM
    No. The 6s+ and the 5.5 inch screen size is now the perfect combo.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 01:24 PM
    Actually you got me and I apologize. The SE does in fact have 2GB of RAM.
    That's so weird. After you mentioned the SE's RAM yesterday I realized it was never brought up during the keynote so I Googled it and it was looking like the SE was shipping with 1 GB. Either way, I'm glad it's getting 2 GB. That makes a big difference.
    No hard feelings! A difference of opinion is never a bad thing.
    donnation and Ledsteplin like this.
    03-22-2016 01:29 PM
    I think we (my wife and I) are going to get SEs. We are switching carriers to save money and I am not finding the high monthly payment for my iPhone 6 Plus worth it. So I will let one of the carriers buy out my contract, sell my wifes iPhone 6 (she liked the smaller form factor of her old 5), pick up two 64GB SEs and save about $25 a month over what we are currently paying.

Of interesting note: I have had a few people state that "Apple really has lost their creativity" with the SE. It's funny, because as I see it, the SE is one of Apple's most creative endeavors. Why? What has been the trend in phones over the past 3-4 years? Bigger Screens, Bigger Batteries, Higher resolution. Even Apple has followed that trend for the last few iterations. For some folks, I guess they think that if something doesn't follow that trend, it is not progressive. To me, seeing such powerful internals in a small package emphasizes that Apple is concerned with experience, not specs. This is creativity in a very beige smartphone space. I see the SE as the Lotus Elise in a world of bloated V8 Muslecars.
    03-22-2016 02:10 PM
    I would absolutely buy the SE for a backup phone. It's inexpensive and I love the old 5/5s style casing.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-22-2016 02:16 PM
406 ... 56789 ...