Would You purchase a 4-inch iPhone SE?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Would You purchase A 4 inch Screen iPhone 5se?

I want one for my wife. I love smaller phones but the 6s which is have is sufficiently small. My wife on the other hand, likes her 5 and is waiting for a suitable replacement I think this new one might be it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I want one for my wife. I love smaller phones but the 6s which is have is sufficiently small. My wife on the other hand, likes her 5 and is waiting for a suitable replacement I think this new one might be it.

My wife likes her 5c and doesn't want to upgrade yet. She gave up her upgrade to her sister. So she'll have to wait another year.

worldspy99

Trusted Member
Jul 11, 2014
Visit site

I would try it out provided it had

1. more than 16GB, perhaps a 32GB as a starting option is not a bad idea
2. ability to replace the stock keyboard across the board
3. the new fingerprint scanner and not the one from 5S
4. the regular headphone jack
5. slightly larger battery

jdbii

Jun 18, 2013
Visit site

Compelling buy at $450. If it really comes in at that price point it'd be my first choice for a new iPhone.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Depends on the specs. I personally feel that this would be a good phone for my kids. They don't want the bigger screen and they care less about the internals.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Nope. My 4" screen days are a thing of the past. My aging eyes wouldn't allow it...SMILE

planoman

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Nope at least not for me. Maybe for my kids. My son currently has a 5S.

mayconvert

May 7, 2013
Visit site

I would. for a 2nd device. Have the 6S+

Don't use apple pay. bank not supported
specs are fine. I totally wish it had ALL the upgrades and was literally a 4" 6S+ (OIS/12mp, 2GB ram, etc)
3D Touch is just Dumb. but I have tried to use 3D Touch, I find it a completely useless gimmick. ( I am Trying to use it. maybe I will find some reason to like it later on)
it's just faster to use the app and skip all that press and push crap.
Animated photos - ok, I don't use it, but I guess some might like it.

I thought about getting the new 4" and an iPad air 3 (maybe the mini 5, mini's usually too gimped compared to the Airs) and carrying both.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I would. for a 2nd device. Have the 6S+

Don't use apple pay. bank not supported
specs are fine. I totally wish it had ALL the upgrades and was literally a 4" 6S+ (OIS/12mp, 2GB ram, etc)
3D Touch is just Dumb. but I have tried to use 3D Touch, I find it a completely useless gimmick. ( I am Trying to use it. maybe I will find some reason to like it later on)
it's just faster to use the app and skip all that press and push crap.
Animated photos - ok, I don't use it, but I guess some might like it.

I thought about getting the new 4" and an iPad air 3 (maybe the mini 5, mini's usually too gimped compared to the Airs) and carrying both.

Your bank may offer Pay soon. Mine just did. They even switched from Visa to Mastercard for more security.
I agree with some of the 3D Touch being useless and gimmicky. But some are really cool. Like the ability to peek at messages and not show a read receipt.

rlnv

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site

Not me. Small screens was what was keeping me away from iPhones for years. Only with the plus sizes did I even consider iPhone. The plus is about the smallest screen I'd want on a phone.

tanknitrous

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site

I'd be first in line for a 4 inch iPhone with some updates. The perfect cell phone size, for me at least. As most have stated, I'm not a big gaming guy or picture taker. I do text like a son of a bean and take a lot of calls. Still rocking the 5S which is getting long in the tooth. I'm excited for these rumors. Really hope it happens.

TwitchyPuppy

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site

Having a 6S as my business phone, 6+ as my work phone provided by my employer and an HTC One M9 as a daily driver, going back to 'only' 4" would get me insane hahaa!