I want to sign into this messenger programme. I enter my name and password then I am brought to this weird looking screen.

Where do I access this code from?

Below is the programme I am using.

01-17-2022 04:07 PM
    It is asking for your Facebook second factor time-based one-time password.

It will be available inside the app where you scanned the QR code that Facebook presented. Those could be, and absolutely not limited to, 1Password, Google Authenticator, Facebook.app, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass.

I know the Facebook app has a way to generate that 6 digit password, but I don't have the app installed - so I can not help you more
    01-17-2022 04:26 PM
    Don’t know anything about a qr code. Facebook to me is difficult to use. But their messenger programme works to contact some companies that way.
    01-17-2022 04:27 PM
    Google Authenticator is difficult as well. I choose get started on this Google authenticator application I see this below.

I enter a code manually. One that I can remember. Keep getting a this code is invalid.

I enter my User Name as well.

01-17-2022 04:28 PM
    Here is what Facebook says you need to do. https://www.facebook.com/help/358336074294704

If you don't want to have to go through that process, turn the two-factor authorization off.
    Ed7789 and aximtreo like this.
    01-17-2022 06:01 PM
    Very good much appreciated.
    01-17-2022 06:14 PM
    It is asking for your Facebook second factor time-based one-time password.

It will be available inside the app where you scanned the QR code that Facebook presented. Those could be, and absolutely not limited to, 1Password, Google Authenticator, Facebook.app, Microsoft Authenticator, LastPass.

I know the Facebook app has a way to generate that 6 digit password, but I don't have the app installed - so I can not help you more
    Let's add the built-in iOS 2FA authenticator to that (if the OP is running iOS 15). It works with most 3rd party apps that offer 2FA/MFA. I can't confirm if it works on FB Messenger, as I dislike how much info it scrapes from a device.

I tried to find the link in iMore, but couldn't. So here's one from another site.

How to use iOS 15 2FA code generator and autofill - 9to5Mac
    01-17-2022 06:14 PM
    Let's add the built-in iOS 2FA authenticator to that (if the OP is running iOS 15). It works with most 3rd party apps that offer 2FA/MFA. I can't confirm if it works on FB Messenger, as I dislike how much info it scrapes from a device.

I tried to find the link in iMore, but couldn't. So here's one from another site.

Can you let me know which iMore link is not working? That may need to be fixed!
    01-18-2022 09:17 AM
    Can you let me know which iMore link is not working? That may need to be fixed!
    I didn't say the link was broken. I said I couldn't find an article where iMore covered the built-in 2FA.
    01-18-2022 09:20 AM

Did not know there even is a built in application like this.

What is the name of this. I am using IPad.

Never mind I found this and we to up.
    01-18-2022 09:22 AM
    Did not k ow there even is a built in application like this.
    Many don't. It should get more coverage.
    01-18-2022 09:24 AM
    So this will work for things like the messenger application I have been writing about?
    01-18-2022 09:35 AM
    So this will work for things like the messenger application I have been writing about?
    It works with every 3rd party app I've tried so far. I can't speak to the FB Messenger. I won't use that app as I find it too invasive.
    Annie_M and aximtreo like this.
    01-18-2022 09:39 AM
    I don’t. I find the application easy to use.

Does the built in 2 factor authentication automatically receive a code when setting up something like third party requirements?
    01-18-2022 09:42 AM
    I don’t. I find the application easy to use.

Does the built in 2 factor authentication automatically receive a code when setting up something like third party requirements?
    Not sure what you're asking here. When setting up a 3rd party app, you scan the QR code offered in that account then finish as prompted — which typically includes a test authorization. After accounts are set up, the built-in 2FA generates the required security codes. If you visit a site/authorize an app on the iOS 15 device, the code is auto-filled. If you access a site through a PC, for example, you'd have to enter the code manually.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    01-18-2022 09:54 AM
    K appreciate the help. I do never saw that code yet.
    01-18-2022 10:04 AM