facebook messenger, degraded audio/video call quality, code tron

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
gonna cross post this on android central.
-------

so, the past three days, me and a couple friends, all in different areas(one in kentucky, the other in canada, me in jersey) have all noticed degraded audio/video quality during facebook video/audio calls.

I've already run the universal troubleshooting playlist, starting with all of my devices(galaxy tab a 8.0 2019 sm-t290, iphone 8, iphone 6s plus, amazon fire hd10 2019) which included cache/data clearance, reinstalling the apps, in the case of my galaxy tab, nuclear option of factory reset(just for craps and giggles cause why not), on down to rebooting my home network.

speedtest shows warp speed levels on the testing(verizon gigspeed), so, bearing that in mind, I've ruled out devices, home networks, and software environments.

...any ideas? I'm at a complete loss here folks.

hardep457

Oct 27, 2021
Visit site
lots of people are facing this problem. creates of facebook must do some steps to solve this, either just encouraging users to put ads on facebook

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
gonna cross post this on android central.
-------

so, the past three days, me and a couple friends, all in different areas(one in kentucky, the other in canada, me in jersey) have all noticed degraded audio/video quality during facebook video/audio calls.

I've already run the universal troubleshooting playlist, starting with all of my devices(galaxy tab a 8.0 2019 sm-t290, iphone 8, iphone 6s plus, amazon fire hd10 2019) which included cache/data clearance, reinstalling the apps, in the case of my galaxy tab, nuclear option of factory reset(just for craps and giggles cause why not), on down to rebooting my home network.

speedtest shows warp speed levels on the testing(verizon gigspeed), so, bearing that in mind, I've ruled out devices, home networks, and software environments.

...any ideas? I'm at a complete loss here folks.

The speed tests show what amount of latency (and jitter, if available)?

Audio calls in particular are very sensitive to those. And end-to-end latency has to be less than 100ms for it to be less than perceptible. It is possible that Facebook degrades quality to respect that threshold.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro