Scan2Clipboard

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Hopefully I don't violate any forum rules with this. If I do, please let me know. I will then of course delete the post directly!

I regularly have the challenge to edit text on the Mac that I only have on paper. There are plenty of apps for this, but most of them take the path through a PDF. I wanted to simplify my work and get the whole thing done with as few clicks as possible: Scan - automatically paste into the clipboard and then on the Mac CMD-V - done 🙂 In addition, the text recognition should happen on the device and not somewhere in the cloud.

What is your opinion: a useful app or rather from the category "there are already hundreds of apps for this purpose", another one is not needed?
If you want to make up your own impression, you can download the app in the App Store for free.
I would be very happy about any feedback.

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/scan2clipboard/id1553949321

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
Hopefully I don't violate any forum rules with this. If I do, please let me know. I will then of course delete the post directly!

I regularly have the challenge to edit text on the Mac that I only have on paper. There are plenty of apps for this, but most of them take the path through a PDF. I wanted to simplify my work and get the whole thing done with as few clicks as possible: Scan - automatically paste into the clipboard and then on the Mac CMD-V - done ?????? In addition, the text recognition should happen on the device and not somewhere in the cloud.

What is your opinion: a useful app or rather from the category "there are already hundreds of apps for this purpose", another one is not needed?
If you want to make up your own impression, you can download the app in the App Store for free.

Welcome to iMore! Thanks for sharing your app with us and I wish you great success with it. If you haven't already, please be sure to familiarize your self with our "Developer Rules & Guidelines" which can be found here: https://forums.imore.com/developers-lounge/257101-developer-rules-guidelines.html#post2033561

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I regularly have the challenge to edit text on the Mac that I only have on paper. There are plenty of apps for this, but most of them take the path through a PDF. I wanted to simplify my work and get the whole thing done with as few clicks as possible: Scan - automatically paste into the clipboard and then on the Mac CMD-V - done In addition, the text recognition should happen on the device and not somewhere in the cloud.

I just viewed the app in the App Store and it states no data is collected from the user. As you know, when prepping an app for review in the App Store Connect, Apple forces you to go through its privacy questions. Not only does it asks whether or not you collect data, it also asks if you use the collected data for tracking purposes. Can you confirm for us here at iMore that you, your company and/or the app indeed does NOT collect any user data AND does not track the user or the user’s action?

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
Can you confirm for us here at iMore that you, your company and/or the app indeed does NOT collect any user data AND does not track the user or the user’s action?

Yes I Can :) Scan2Clipboard don't collect any data from the user. Also I haven't implemented any tracking API. Everything only happens on the device.
That is my philosophy:
To offer apps that I would like to have on myself: No subscriptions, allow family sharing, no activity in the cloud, my device - my data. last but not least: a fair price.

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
I think the user should be the customer and not the product. A customer should pay with his money not with his data.
Personally I regularly have the challenge to edit text on the Mac that I only have on paper. There are plenty of apps for this, but I don't want to share my data for OCR in the cloud. So I wrote Scan2Clipboard for my own. But maybe anyone else would share my opinion about data privacy.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes I Can :) Scan2Clipboard don't collect any data from the user. Also I haven't implemented any tracking API. Everything only happens on the device.
That is my philosophy:
To offer apps that I would like to have on myself: No subscriptions, allow family sharing, no activity in the cloud, my device - my data. last but not least: a fair price.

Okay great. I just installed the app and purchased the Pro upgrade. I’ll provide feedback after testing it out. Thanks.

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
Okay great. I just installed the app and purchased the Pro upgrade. I’ll provide feedback after testing it out. Thanks.

Thank you very much. Every feedback is much appreciated!
I'm working on a new upadate: more language support and select & copy text from the scanned text.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
May I politely ask if anyone has looked at my app and may have feedback for me?

Scanning a page is very fast, but when you select “Save”, where does it save the file? I don’t see it on the device or in the Files app.

Disregard. It saves to the clipboard. I forgot.

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
Scanning a page is very fast, but when you select “Save”, where does it save the file? I don’t see it on the device or in the Files app.

Disregard. It saves to the clipboard. I forgot.

Some users asked to save the recognized text to a file. I‘m thinking about implementing this feature. But now the main feature of acan2clipboard is copy the recognized text to the clipboard and use the text into other apps.

Thank you for your feedback!

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Some users asked to save the recognized text to a file. I‘m thinking about implementing this feature. But now the main feature of acan2clipboard is copy the recognized text to the clipboard and use the text into other apps.

Thank you for your feedback!

I can surely say without a doubt the apps works as advertised and that’s a good thing so job well done….

Kizzy Catwoman

Jul 16, 2017
Visit site
This is the type of app I have been looking for my iPad. Installed it and paid the 99p to upgrade. Will try it out a little later on. Handoff with the iMac will be a useful feature for me. Thanks for sharing.

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
This is the type of app I have been looking for my iPad. Installed it and paid the 99p to upgrade. Will try it out a little later on. Handoff with the iMac will be a useful feature for me. Thanks for sharing.

Hi Kizzy, thanks for your feedback. Have much fun with Scan2Clipboard. If you have any further feedback or suggestions, I would be happy to read it

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
Scan2Clipboard Update available now

In March i introduced my app Scan2Clipboard to you. Maybe you are interested in the fact that my app has been permanently developed since then.
The following functions have been added in the meantime:
Besides the possibility to scan images directly from the camera, you can now run text recognition over images from the Photos app. The app recognizes phone numbers, emails, web links, etc. automatically and with one click, the corresponding app opens. Since the handoff function to paste recognized text directly to other Apple devices does not work outside of the Apple cosmos, I also included the ability to share the recognized text via the share function. Since all kinds of apps can be integrated here, you can now also easily bridge into the Windows world (e.g. with OneDrive).
In addition, up to 100 recognized texts (long press for the context menu) can now be saved in the history.

I tried to keep the complexity as low as possible. To make the functions more understandable for beginners, I opened a small YouTube channel with (a still growing number of) explanatory videos.

Since transparency is very important to me and I programmed my app the way I would like my apps to be, Scan2Clipboard doesn't use ads or tracking APIs. The full features can be unlocked via inAppPurchase once (with family sharing, of course) and then that's it. Scan2Clipboard will never move to a subscription model.
So all actions happen on the device, no data migrates to the cloud. What happens on the iPhone stays on the iPhone!

I am especially proud of the button bar on the scan page :)

I would be very happy to receive feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRqqsIo7eYckKnHkPDvQKEQ

Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Screenshot 3.jpgApple iPhone 11 Pro Max Screenshot 2.jpg

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re: Scan2Clipboard Update available now

In March i introduced my app Scan2Clipboard to you. Maybe you are interested in the fact that my app has been permanently developed since then.
The following functions have been added in the meantime:
Besides the possibility to scan images directly from the camera, you can now run text recognition over images from the Photos app. The app recognizes phone numbers, emails, web links, etc. automatically and with one click, the corresponding app opens. Since the handoff function to paste recognized text directly to other Apple devices does not work outside of the Apple cosmos, I also included the ability to share the recognized text via the share function. Since all kinds of apps can be integrated here, you can now also easily bridge into the Windows world (e.g. with OneDrive).
In addition, up to 100 recognized texts (long press for the context menu) can now be saved in the history.

I tried to keep the complexity as low as possible. To make the functions more understandable for beginners, I opened a small YouTube channel with (a still growing number of) explanatory videos.

Since transparency is very important to me and I programmed my app the way I would like my apps to be, Scan2Clipboard doesn't use ads or tracking APIs. The full features can be unlocked via inAppPurchase once (with family sharing, of course) and then that's it. Scan2Clipboard will never move to a subscription model.
So all actions happen on the device, no data migrates to the cloud. What happens on the iPhone stays on the iPhone!

I am especially proud of the button bar on the scan page :)

I would be very happy to receive feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRqqsIo7eYckKnHkPDvQKEQ

View attachment 130942View attachment 130943

Welcome to iMore! Thanks for sharing your app with us and I wish you great success with it. If you haven't already, please be sure to familiarize your self with our "Developer Rules & Guidelines" which can be found here: https://forums.imore.com/developers-lounge/257101-developer-rules-guidelines.html#post2033561

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
V1.28 is available now!
Adding instant search to the history and support for French.
Removing an annoying bug at text selection!

mecke

Apr 3, 2021
Visit site
Hello all,

I have uploaded an update for Scan2Clipboard to the App Store and would like some feedback on this from blind and visually impaired people, as my app can help but it was not optimized for blind people until now.
To my shame, I must confess that I didn't really pay attention to this. I fixed this faux pas with the latest update and optimized the app for voiceover. Now I'm looking for a way to connect with the blind and visually impaired community to get feedback and feature requests.
Please support me in this. Maybe my app can make the lives of those affected a little, little bit easier....

Thank you
Michael

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73