Contact Pics Adder: A new iOS app that makes it easy to find and add pictures to your contacts

JamesSmithCA1962

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
Contact Pics Adder https://apps.apple.com/ch/app/contact-pics-adder/id1555061070?l=en

I like contacts with pictures. It looks so much more personal and better when I receive emails. But how many contacts with pictures do you have?

IMG_1840.jpeg

The app Vignette aimed at finding pictures for your contacts in an automatic way. It was very nicely made with a beautiful design. Unfortunately, it was dependent on the interfaces that social media platforms offered. This made the app unreliable and, due to changes by the social media companies, not working as well as in the beginning. So, Casey Liss, one of the hosts of ATP (Accidental Tech Podcast), removed his app from sale on the App Store eventually [link redacted].

Although his approach was probably too ambitious, Casey’s idea to simplify the process of finding and adding pictures to your contacts is still very good. I had only a few contacts with photos. It seems that this is the case for most people. We need a little help.

So, I developed the app “Contact Pics Adder”. It does not aim at automatically finding all pictures for all of your contacts. It rather makes it easier to find individual pictures by searching the web. First for the name, but then the user can quickly add further search keywords by simply tapping buttons: the city, email domains or the organization. These are the fields that users have filled in for many contacts.

You may think now that you’d rather not bother spending time on this. Although it requires the user to spend some time, I found the process astonishingly well working and even interesting and fun. This was because I learned news about the people in my contacts list while searching for pictures in this way. And I was surprised myself how many contacts I found and added in a short period of time. Almost 90 % of my contacts have now a picture! I have to say, however, that I am working at a university. Many academics are visible on the web. It will be interesting to get feedback from others.

Contact Pics Adder https://apps.apple.com/ch/app/contact-pics-adder/id1555061070?l=en

Here is a short list of features:

- After logging in, you can do searches on social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) with one tap

- You can select most web pictures by just tapping them

- If this does not work, tap a button to take a screenshot

- Optionally, add a picture from your Photos library

- Crop an image before saving it

- Highest level of privacy: The developer does not collect any data from this app and your contacts are not uploaded. The app itself does not require signing up. Sign-in to social media sites happens within the browser so that the developer does not know about your sign-in credentials.

- Fair and inexpensive one-time payment to unlock all features forever

- No costly subscription, no ads

Last edited by a moderator:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I like contacts with pictures. It looks so much more personal and better when I receive emails. But how many contacts with pictures do you have?

View attachment 130572

The app Vignette aimed at finding pictures for your contacts in an automatic way. It was very nicely made with a beautiful design. Unfortunately, it was dependent on the interfaces that social media platforms offered. This made the app unreliable and, due to changes by the social media companies, not working as well as in the beginning. So, Casey Liss, one of the hosts of ATP (Accidental Tech Podcast), removed his app from sale on the App Store eventually [link redacted].

Although his approach was probably too ambitious, Casey’s idea to simplify the process of finding and adding pictures to your contacts is still very good. I had only a few contacts with photos. It seems that this is the case for most people. We need a little help.

So, I developed the app “Contact Pics Adder”. It does not aim at automatically finding all pictures for all of your contacts. It rather makes it easier to find individual pictures by searching the web. First for the name, but then the user can quickly add further search keywords by simply tapping buttons: the city, email domains or the organization. These are the fields that users have filled in for many contacts.

You may think now that you’d rather not bother spending time on this. Although it requires the user to spend some time, I found the process astonishingly well working and even interesting and fun. This was because I learned news about the people in my contacts list while searching for pictures in this way. And I was surprised myself how many contacts I found and added in a short period of time. Almost 90 % of my contacts have now a picture! I have to say, however, that I am working at a university. Many academics are visible on the web. It will be interesting to get feedback from others.

Here is a short list of features:

- After logging in, you can do searches on social media sites (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) with one tap

- You can select most web pictures by just tapping them

- If this does not work, tap a button to take a screenshot

- Optionally, add a picture from your Photos library

- Crop an image before saving it

- Highest level of privacy: The developer does not collect any data from this app and your contacts are not uploaded. The app itself does not require signing up. Sign-in to social media sites happens within the browser so that the developer does not know about your sign-in credentials.

- Fair and inexpensive one-time payment to unlock all features forever

- No costly subscription, no ads

Hello and welcome to iMore. Thanks for sharing your App with us. It looks like it could be very helpful.

JamesSmithCA1962

Aug 30, 2018
Visit site
I have just uploaded version 1.2 for review. It allows to sort and filter the list of contacts in different ways. It is now also possible to delete a contact by long-pressing a row.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73