Have any of you tried the DuckDuckGo Browser on your iPhone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have been using the DuckDuckGo browser on my iPhone for the past couple of weeks and I must admit it’s becoming my go-to browser. Have any of you tried it and if so, what do you think of it?

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
I did several years ago, and I found it quite limited: it only yielded a single page of results. Unfortunately, that's the case with a number of search engines, other than Google and Yahoo.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I also found it a bit limited but by not prioritizing links to Facebook pages it was quite refreshing. Bing is my go-to.

Last edited:

Modelflier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my iPad, and have used it occasionally, but I too found it a bit limited compared to others such as Firefox.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've used it on Safari and Firefox browsers but dropped it a default search on both as it misses a lot. But the bigger engines IMHO answer too much to social media steering the ship.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I used to. I really wanted to like it so I could move away from Google but it was just wasn’t nearly as good. However, that was a while ago. Maybe it’s worth another try.

Last edited:

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I tried it long ago and it felt stripped down at that time and I didn't think I was getting full results. Because of security concerns with Google search, i decided to give DuckDuckGo a fair try a last year. After getting used to the less flashy look and fewer fancy paid search results at the top of the page - it has been my default now on my phone along with home and work PC's. After getting used to the look and feel, I get everything I need.

I had to get used to that change in "feel" - which is what most people notice the most. Google has put a HUGE amount of time and money into just the look/feel of their pages (you could write a thesis on that alone) and DDG doesn't have that same feel, but I can say that the actual results I get between the 2 engines are nearly identical with the exception of the paid results. Now that I am used to the feel of he page - i'm glad I decided to use it and give it a fair shake.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I have it on my iPad, I use it when google’s advertising ranking gets in the way, clears out the clutter. it is not as all encompassing as google but is pretty clean. For those that” tried it once” it has been heavily updated over time.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My 'dive' into it would have been within the last couple of months. I tried searches for the same topic on Google, Bing, Yahoo & DgD.... I was quite surprised and as such, keep DgD available but rarely use it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711