Is there something I can download to trick an app that’s using my precise location but really isn’t?

Colton Foster

Dec 3, 2020
Visit site
Hello, I updated my Snapchat which was a big mistake. My iPhone SE doesn’t have good battery life and when I use Snapchat, it’s constant location tracking drains my battery. For a long time on iOS 14 I turned off precise location for Snapchat, and it really helped my phone to not get so hot and drain battery. The POS update makes you turn on precise location to let people see you though. I hate it and don’t see a way to revert back to the version I was in on Snapchat. Is there some way I can download an app or somehow to trick Snapchat to think my precise location is on, but really isn’t? Thanks.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Hello, I updated my Snapchat which was a big mistake. My iPhone SE doesn’t have good battery life and when I use Snapchat, it’s constant location tracking drains my battery. For a long time on iOS 14 I turned off precise location for Snapchat, and it really helped my phone to not get so hot and drain battery. The POS update makes you turn on precise location to let people see you though. I hate it and don’t see a way to revert back to the version I was in on Snapchat. Is there some way I can download an app or somehow to trick Snapchat to think my precise location is on, but really isn’t? Thanks.

Hello and welcome to iMore. Have you tried going to Settings>Privacy>Location Services>Snapchat. From there, select "Never". Hopefully this will solve your issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711