My Run Tracking Conundrum

Mr MnmlEngr

May 4, 2020
Visit site
Good evening, iMore readers!

I have recently made the switch to an 11 Pro from the Android world, so forgive me if I’ve missed something.

When on Android, I used the Google Fit app to track my workouts. For distance based ones like runs, I could actively track the run to get pace information and distance over the session. For stuff like weights, I could manually input how long I lifted for and add notes about details.

Now having moved to the iPhone, the Google Fit app doesn’t seem to have the same functionality. Specifically, I can’t seem to track runs like on my Android. Additionally, on the Apple Health app, I can seem to do the same workout inputs, but it seems Apple doesn’t count runs as a workout. So on days I go for a run, my workout log will say I didn’t work out. I also haven’t been able to find a way to track a run like described above within the Health app.

I’m hoping someone here has had success with the Google Fit app or do the same with the Health app? I’d rather try to find a solution to either as opposed to having to download another app just for runs that I then need to sync with Fit or Health, but I’m starting to worry that isn’t possible?

Thanks in advance!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods