best mainstream movie/tv app?

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
ok..new to the ios and iphone world..that said..what is the best app quality and file size wise, to download and watch movies with on the iphone?

by that I mean...prime video, google play movies and tv, apple tv, vudu...etc.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I stick to the official app for each service. Aside from not wanting to share my various credentials with a third party, the official apps are regularly updated and offer the applicable options for the service.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Apple TV for most everything. I have tried Vudu, only because I bought a DVD at Walmart and automatically got a digital copy via VUDU. It's "ok", but I'm not as impressed as I am with the others.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I have Xfinity Stream (Comcast) for On Demand movies, Disney+, and Netflix. I watch some VUDU on my TV, but not on my iPhone.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I’m a bit confused — I thought the question was about which app was best, not which streaming service. Which service is best is a very personal, subjective preference.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I stick to the official app for each service. Aside from not wanting to share my various credentials with a third party, the official apps are regularly updated and offer the applicable options for the service.

^^^^This^^^^

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m a bit confused — I thought the question was about which app was best, not which streaming service. Which service is best is a very personal, subjective preference.

I use Apps for Hulu, Netflix and Prime on my iPad, all of which work great. I also have the VUDU App, but as I said be for, I'm not as thrilled with it.

xraiderv1

Mar 10, 2020
Visit site
ok, let me clarify. the example apps I named..I intend to download content I have purchased from at most two apps, google play movies and tv(cause some content doesnt share via movies anywhere), and one other app.

thats why I'm asking..what KNOWN app has the best quality, balanced against smallest file size.

---
just to be clear..these apps, while all capable of streaming, are going to be used in the downloaded, or offline file playback mode.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2