Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce my app : NFC Tools.

NFC Tools can read and write your NFC tags with a simple and lightweight user interface.
    By passing your device near an NFC chip, you can read the data it contains and interact with the content.

Free for download here : https://itunes.apple.com/app/nfc-too...mUvbUpU3180373

Here a quick video that explain how-to write a simple URL on your NFC tag

12-08-2019 08:21 AM
    Welcome, and thank you for sharing your app with iMore. Hopefully a lot of our members will check it out and give plenty of feed back. If you haven't already, please take a moment and read:https://forums.imore.com/general-dev...uidelines.html Thank you again and best of luck with your app.
    12-08-2019 08:37 AM
    Thanks a lot
    12-08-2019 09:19 AM
    Giving this a try. Thanks.
    12-08-2019 01:34 PM
    Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any question or issue with the app.
    12-09-2019 06:16 AM
    Welcome to iMore

Just downloaded as I ordered some tags

Will provide feedback in the future
    12-09-2019 08:05 PM
    Welcome to iMore

Just downloaded as I ordered some tags

Will provide feedback in the future
    What tags are you getting?
    12-10-2019 12:07 AM
    Can I trigger Siri shortcuts with this tool?
    And/or, can I change the iPhone's ringtone volume?

(Background of question: automation/shortcut triggering based upon location does not always work reliably for me. So I would eg want to put a tag next to my front door at home to trigger certain actions. Also, Siri shortcuts can't change ringtone volume (which I would like to do when arriving at home), so maybe another app can, and can be triggered by means of an NFC tag based automation?)
    12-10-2019 04:23 AM
    What tags are you getting?
    I suggest to get some NTAG215 or NTAG216, they are compatible with all devices.
    Don't use Mifare Classic chips.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    12-10-2019 06:50 AM
    Can I trigger Siri shortcuts with this tool?
    And/or, can I change the iPhone's ringtone volume?

(Background of question: automation/shortcut triggering based upon location does not always work reliably for me. So I would eg want to put a tag next to my front door at home to trigger certain actions. Also, Siri shortcuts can't change ringtone volume (which I would like to do when arriving at home), so maybe another app can, and can be triggered by means of an NFC tag based automation?)
    Yes, you can set a Shortcut record.

You need to configure your profile in the Shortcut app, then use NFC Tools to write the record on your tag.
    It's located in "Write" > "Add a record" > "Shortcut", enter the profile name, then write on your chip.
    12-10-2019 06:55 AM
    Yes, you can set a Shortcut record.

You need to configure your profile in the Shortcut app, then use NFC Tools to write the record on your tag.
    It's located in "Write" > "Add a record" > "Shortcut", enter the profile name, then write on your chip.
    Just to clarify, to „set“ or „write“ a shortcut record, does that also mean I can then trigger the shortcut to fire when I get close to the tag with my phone? Is this then your app that does that or what else? Does your app have to be up and running to trigger the shortcut?
    12-10-2019 08:01 AM
    No need to have NFC Tools installed or running once the record is written on your NFC chip.
    You just need to scan your tag and the Shortcut app recognize automatically the record to execute your profile.
    12-10-2019 08:27 AM
    I am intrigued by this concept, and hope that I'll be able to figure it all out!
    12-10-2019 09:34 AM
    I am intrigued by this concept, and hope that I'll be able to figure it all out!
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question

Important note:
    You can scan NFC tags without app from iPhoneXS but on iPhone 7, 8, you need a NFC app to read your tags.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    12-10-2019 10:52 AM
    Feel free to contact me if you have any question

Important note:
    You can scan NFC tags without app from iPhoneXS but on iPhone 7, 8, you need a NFC app to read your tags.
    I will and thanks for that clarification!
    12-10-2019 11:20 AM