NFC Tools : To read and write your NFC tags

wakdev

Dec 8, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce my app : NFC Tools.

NFC Tools can read and write your NFC tags with a simple and lightweight user interface.
By passing your device near an NFC chip, you can read the data it contains and interact with the content.

Free for download here : https://itunes.apple.com/app/nfc-tools/id1252962749?at=10l3Vy

nfctools_ios.png

Here a quick video that explain how-to write a simple URL on your NFC tag ;)

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Can I trigger Siri shortcuts with this tool?
And/or, can I change the iPhone's ringtone volume?

(Background of question: automation/shortcut triggering based upon location does not always work reliably for me. So I would eg want to put a tag next to my front door at home to trigger certain actions. Also, Siri shortcuts can't change ringtone volume (which I would like to do when arriving at home), so maybe another app can, and can be triggered by means of an NFC tag based automation?)

wakdev

Dec 8, 2019
Visit site
Can I trigger Siri shortcuts with this tool?
And/or, can I change the iPhone's ringtone volume?

(Background of question: automation/shortcut triggering based upon location does not always work reliably for me. So I would eg want to put a tag next to my front door at home to trigger certain actions. Also, Siri shortcuts can't change ringtone volume (which I would like to do when arriving at home), so maybe another app can, and can be triggered by means of an NFC tag based automation?)

Yes, you can set a Shortcut record.

You need to configure your profile in the Shortcut app, then use NFC Tools to write the record on your tag.
It's located in "Write" > "Add a record" > "Shortcut", enter the profile name, then write on your chip.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
Yes, you can set a Shortcut record.

You need to configure your profile in the Shortcut app, then use NFC Tools to write the record on your tag.
It's located in "Write" > "Add a record" > "Shortcut", enter the profile name, then write on your chip.

Just to clarify, to „set“ or „write“ a shortcut record, does that also mean I can then trigger the shortcut to fire when I get close to the tag with my phone? Is this then your app that does that or what else? Does your app have to be up and running to trigger the shortcut?

wakdev

Dec 8, 2019
Visit site
No need to have NFC Tools installed or running once the record is written on your NFC chip.
You just need to scan your tag and the Shortcut app recognize automatically the record to execute your profile.

wakdev

Dec 8, 2019
Visit site
NFC Innovation Awards

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share a great news with you :)
NFC Tools has been rewarded by the NFC Forum for the best NFC app in iOS and the best NFC app in Android :)

nfc_awards.jpg