Honestly, you'd think this is my first time using an iOS device.

On this iPhone 11 Pro Max, I cannot seem to add an Apple gift card (not iTunes; merely received a credit from Apple, for a product), to the Wallet app.

It will not scan the card, and only seems to want to allow me to enter another credit or bank card.

So, what am I missing here? Thanks all, and sorry for the daft questions.
    11-29-2019 11:40 PM
    Someone on another thread, had this issue, and they had to visit an Apple shop. Honestly, the pain...

But, this was easy before, no? Something like going to Wallet, scrolling down and choosing Edit Passes. Then you could add them there.
    Why on earth did Apple change something so simple? Honestly...
    11-30-2019 04:58 AM
    Someone on another thread, had this issue, and they had to visit an Apple shop. Honestly, the pain...

But, this was easy before, no? Something like going to Wallet, scrolling down and choosing Edit Passes. Then you could add them there.
    Why on earth did Apple change something so simple? Honestly...
    This a gift card for the Apple Store?
    11-30-2019 10:54 AM
    Yes, it is, the white one...

This a gift card for the Apple Store?
    11-30-2019 10:55 AM
    Apple has changed several things to make stuff more difficult. You might try this.

Try using a 3rd party camera app, like ProCamera, to scan the QR code. Then choose the option to "open URL" or Apple.com. Tap "add" in the upper right corner. It should go to Wallet.
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-30-2019 11:10 AM
    Honestly, you'd think this is my first time using an iOS device.

On this iPhone 11 Pro Max, I cannot seem to add an Apple gift card (not iTunes; merely received a credit from Apple, for a product), to the Wallet app.

It will not scan the card, and only seems to want to allow me to enter another credit or bank card.

So, what am I missing here? Thanks all, and sorry for the daft questions.
    Is there an “Add to Wallet” option available to you?
    11-30-2019 11:22 AM
    Flipping heck, that worked! I used a QR Code app, and as soon as it scanned, it gave me the option to add to the Wallet.

Not sure why exactly Apple made it so difficult.

Thanks for giving me the exact steps. Much appreciated...

Apple has changed several things to make stuff more difficult. You might try this.

Try using a 3rd party camera app, like ProCamera, to scan the QR code. Then choose the option to "open URL" or Apple.com. Tap "add" in the upper right corner. It should go to Wallet.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    11-30-2019 11:31 AM

Why a third party camera app? The stock camera app does this perfectly well.
    11-30-2019 01:46 PM
    No, the default Camera did not work. Hence, the alternative. Tested it multiple times...

Why a third party camera app? The stock camera app does this perfectly well.
    11-30-2019 01:48 PM
    No, the default Camera did not work. Hence, the alternative. Tested it multiple times...
    You have to enable scanning QR codes in camera Settings first.
    11-30-2019 01:49 PM
    To be clear, it was already enabled. The issue was/is, the default camera/app, does not read the Apple gift card (White) properly. Hence, the alternative solution...

You have to enable scanning QR codes in camera Settings first.
    11-30-2019 01:52 PM
    Im just glad it worked out for you!
    ivanwi11iams likes this.
    11-30-2019 02:54 PM
    Why a third party camera app? The stock camera app does this perfectly well.[IMG=576x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191130/12079033869a43d95f4ecf30417b1753.jpg[/url]
    Yeah, but some 3rd party camera apps just do it better. 🤷

Actually, I copied and pasted part of that from a site. May have been before Apple added the feature. No clue.
    Tartarus likes this.
    12-01-2019 09:34 AM
    Yeah, but some 3rd party camera apps just do it better.

Actually, I copied and pasted part of that from a site. May have been before Apple added the feature. No clue.
    You know my stance about third party apps.
    12-01-2019 09:47 AM