What is your preferred Email app for the iPhone?

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Ok, Spike email has to go. This is what it was up to while I slept last night. What’s up with that?? It was just sucking up battery for no reason.

534b69dd28605cb9a22fcb46a1a8ffbe.jpg

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok, Spike email has to go. This is what it was up to while I slept last night. What’s up with that?? It was just sucking up battery for no reason.

534b69dd28605cb9a22fcb46a1a8ffbe.jpg

To be fair, the app is apparently called “Spike” for a reason....

Of course, I’m just messing with you.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've used 'SPARK' ( as opposed to 'Spike') for a few years on iOS, iPad OS, and MacOS. It's clean, straightforward and has never given me the grief which others seems to have with 'Mail' or any other App... I use it for my GMail, and use 'Mail' for iCloud mail. The fact that Apple & Google aren't exactly bedfellows is IMHO the main issue with Gmail on Mail so I simply use what works & works very well. I am testing a Beta Dark Mode for Readdle ( the Spark people) which when fully introduced will have many new tweaks as well and probably change with phone settings re Dark mode. My daily driver mail program is 'Spark Dark' and it's very nice.

Last edited:

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Nobody seems to use Yahoo mail anymore but I always have and now use paid edition and its updated regularly and no problems .

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I do also have Yahoo as its a 'recovery email' for a few accounts. I do not 'use it' as such, as I far prefer the Spark format. I found ( over the years) that whenever the GMail app updated, things changed sometimes with little or no explanation. The only advantage I saw was that it was very fast but Spark is almost as quick.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Just updated 'Spark' to the new version from the App Store. I've been Beta Testing it ( me?? ) for a couple of months and it's now an even more polished & professional email client. I use it for my Gmail & native Mail app for iCloud mail. It accommodates Dark Mode, maintaining the phone configuration & has many 'personalization tweaks', in Settings/ personalization / email viewer/ toolbar. There were very few glitches during the beta process and the beta software was updated almost daily.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/20/20973933/spark-email-app-update-new-design-dark-mode-ios-android

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For my personal email, I use the native Mail app and now I’m back to using Outlook on my work issues MacBook air since it is now syncing properly with Google Mail and Calendar. In fact it’s syncing better than with my Windows 10 laptop. Go figure.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Native when it works....

Afrer ios 13 i can see mail on lockscreen and notiscenter but when I open mailapp it can take several minutes before I can see new mail.

Right now I'm using outlook mailapp# works great and it's fast

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods