What is your preferred Email app for the iPhone?

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I recently began using Spark for my work email because gSuites was driving me insane. The difference is night and day. For all of my personal email, I use the native Mail app.

I would use Spark for all my mail ( including iCloud) except that Apple requires two-step authentication if third party email clients are used with iCloud mail. Gmail App simply became schmaltzy & cumbersome to use with multiple attachments especially if mail is/was forwarded and struck me as really an Android app tweaked a bit for iOS. Spark is clean, very customizable if one wishes and perfect on all devices for me

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would use Spark for all my mail ( including iCloud) except that Apple requires two-step authentication if third party email clients are used with iCloud mail. Gmail App simply became schmaltzy & cumbersome to use with multiple attachments especially if mail is/was forwarded and struck me as really an Android app tweaked a bit for iOS. Spark is clean, very customizable if one wishes and perfect on all devices for me

Agreed...

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I also use Spark on the desktop (2012 iMac) where it is really nice in Dark Mode....

I have it installed on my work-issued MacBook Air and really like it. My work day is full of email, meetings and phone calls and Spark has indeed made things a bit easier in regard to email. I’ll check it out in dark mode when I get the chance. Thanks for the tip, sir.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
David, the stock Mail looks real nice in iOS 13 dark mode too. I love it!

My issue with the stock iOS Mail on 'any' iOS to date is that it really delays GMail... whereas others ( GMail app, Outlook, Spark )offer very close to pushed mail speeds. Not sure how the wizardry works but when I used the Gmail app, it was very quick too but it's presentation bugged me. Spark gives very fast mail with Gmail, and a really crisp presentation, and I use a dark keyboard ( SwiftKey). Let's see what iOS 13 will do for me in the fall though.... I used to work through Exchange which was quicker but had to pay for it - which I didn't mind too much , but when alternatives are available I'll use them.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've tried:
Newton (formerly CloudMagic)
Mail - Edison Mail
Gmail
Spark
Inbox by Gmail
MailTime Email Messenger
PolyMail
Timyo
Mailbox
Mail+ for Outlook
Spike Email
Flow Mail
And the one everybody had to wait in line for. Don't recall the name. It's no longer in my purchased list.
My favorite 3rd party mail is Email - Edison. I like the iMessage integration.
But I always go back to the Stock Email app. It's what I use 99.99% of the time. But that's Just_Me_Not_D.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I really got a chuckle about a comment you made recently about the Watch presence in rural Alabama.... Lots maybe in common with the Outer Caribbean

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My issue with the stock iOS Mail on 'any' iOS to date is that it really delays GMail... whereas others ( GMail app, Outlook, Spark )offer very close to pushed mail speeds. Not sure how the wizardry works but when I used the Gmail app, it was very quick too but it's presentation bugged me. Spark gives very fast mail with Gmail, and a really crisp presentation, and I use a dark keyboard ( SwiftKey). Let's see what iOS 13 will do for me in the fall though.... I used to work through Exchange which was quicker but had to pay for it - which I didn't.ind, but when alternatives are available I'll use them.

Yeah, that was a result of Google and Apple not playing together well. Google did that, not Apple. It was a way for them to get users to use their Gmail app. My Gmail accounts are set to fetch once an hour. That's good enough for me. If I'm expecting something immediately, I just open it, and it comes in.

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
Currently using Spark to access my GMail account. I was using Inbox previously right after I switched from a POP based mail address associated with a website I used to own over to GMail so I've never actually had a lot of experience with base GMail. I really liked Inbox's grouping features and Spark gets the closest I've found to the stuff I liked in Inbox.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
För business mail I use stock mail app and private I use Gmail app.

Think stock mail app do its job well, it just works

flyinion

Sep 17, 2015
Visit site
The more you use Spark, the more you will like it's flexibility & customizability.

Yeah I've been using it for like 6-8 months now (don't remember exactly). Right around the time it was announced that Inbox was going to end, I bailed on Inbox after looking for replacements. I ran GMail for a bit, then found out about Spark.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No one using Outlook? I'm kind of like it, but I'm thinking in give Spark a try.

I’m a fan of the Outlook app and used it for quite some time on both my iPhone and my work-related MacBook Air. When my company switch over to gSuites, I stopped using it on my MBA because it wasn’t syncing all of my work mail and calendar events.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
No one using Outlook? I'm kind of like it, but I'm thinking in give Spark a try.

I'd given up on it when it required ( and this was an 'Apple thing'), two factor authentication to accces iCloud in addition to my Gmail. So does Spark as well as any other 3rd party client but Spark was so much cleaner and (IMHO of course) more capable so I've never looked back....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2