Agreed...
    I also use Spark on the desktop (2012 iMac) where it is really nice in Dark Mode....
    07-02-2019 06:41 AM
    I also use Spark on the desktop (2012 iMac) where it is really nice in Dark Mode....
    I have it installed on my work-issued MacBook Air and really like it. My work day is full of email, meetings and phone calls and Spark has indeed made things a bit easier in regard to email. I’ll check it out in dark mode when I get the chance. Thanks for the tip, sir.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    07-02-2019 06:44 AM
    Another vote for stock email app. Simple and gets the job done.
    07-02-2019 07:14 AM
    David, the stock Mail looks real nice in iOS 13 dark mode too. I love it!
    07-02-2019 09:23 AM
    David, the stock Mail looks real nice in iOS 13 dark mode too. I love it!
    My issue with the stock iOS Mail on 'any' iOS to date is that it really delays GMail... whereas others ( GMail app, Outlook, Spark )offer very close to pushed mail speeds. Not sure how the wizardry works but when I used the Gmail app, it was very quick too but it's presentation bugged me. Spark gives very fast mail with Gmail, and a really crisp presentation, and I use a dark keyboard ( SwiftKey). Let's see what iOS 13 will do for me in the fall though.... I used to work through Exchange which was quicker but had to pay for it - which I didn't mind too much , but when alternatives are available I'll use them.
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-02-2019 at 10:38 AM.
    WiseBeauty likes this.
    07-02-2019 09:59 AM
    I've tried:
    Newton (formerly CloudMagic)
    Mail - Edison Mail
    Gmail
    Spark
    Inbox by Gmail
    MailTime Email Messenger
    PolyMail
    Timyo
    Mailbox
    Mail+ for Outlook
    Spike Email
    Flow Mail
    And the one everybody had to wait in line for. Don't recall the name. It's no longer in my purchased list.
    My favorite 3rd party mail is Email - Edison. I like the iMessage integration.
    But I always go back to the Stock Email app. It's what I use 99.99% of the time. But that's Just_Me_Not_D.
    07-02-2019 10:27 AM
    I really got a chuckle about a comment you made recently about the Watch presence in rural Alabama.... Lots maybe in common with the Outer Caribbean
    Last edited by dmoskaluk; 07-02-2019 at 02:28 PM.
    07-02-2019 10:31 AM
    My issue with the stock iOS Mail on 'any' iOS to date is that it really delays GMail... whereas others ( GMail app, Outlook, Spark )offer very close to pushed mail speeds. Not sure how the wizardry works but when I used the Gmail app, it was very quick too but it's presentation bugged me. Spark gives very fast mail with Gmail, and a really crisp presentation, and I use a dark keyboard ( SwiftKey). Let's see what iOS 13 will do for me in the fall though.... I used to work through Exchange which was quicker but had to pay for it - which I didn't.ind, but when alternatives are available I'll use them.
    Yeah, that was a result of Google and Apple not playing together well. Google did that, not Apple. It was a way for them to get users to use their Gmail app. My Gmail accounts are set to fetch once an hour. That's good enough for me. If I'm expecting something immediately, I just open it, and it comes in.
    07-02-2019 10:34 AM
    Currently using Spark to access my GMail account. I was using Inbox previously right after I switched from a POP based mail address associated with a website I used to own over to GMail so I've never actually had a lot of experience with base GMail. I really liked Inbox's grouping features and Spark gets the closest I've found to the stuff I liked in Inbox.
    dmoskaluk likes this.
    07-02-2019 12:11 PM
    The more you use Spark, the more you will like it's flexibility & customizability.
    07-02-2019 01:16 PM
    För business mail I use stock mail app and private I use Gmail app.

Think stock mail app do its job well, it just works
    07-02-2019 01:19 PM
    The more you use Spark, the more you will like it's flexibility & customizability.
    Yeah I've been using it for like 6-8 months now (don't remember exactly). Right around the time it was announced that Inbox was going to end, I bailed on Inbox after looking for replacements. I ran GMail for a bit, then found out about Spark.
    07-02-2019 01:21 PM
    ...But that's Just_Me_Not_D.
    (Laughing)....That’s awesome!
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    07-02-2019 02:39 PM
    No one using Outlook? I'm kind of like it, but I'm thinking in give Spark a try.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-02-2019 05:24 PM
    No one using Outlook? I'm kind of like it, but I'm thinking in give Spark a try.
    I’m a fan of the Outlook app and used it for quite some time on both my iPhone and my work-related MacBook Air. When my company switch over to gSuites, I stopped using it on my MBA because it wasn’t syncing all of my work mail and calendar events.
    07-02-2019 05:33 PM
    I'd given up on it when it required ( and this was an 'Apple thing'), two factor authentication to accces iCloud in addition to my Gmail. So does Spark as well as any other 3rd party client but Spark was so much cleaner and (IMHO of course) more capable so I've never looked back....
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-02-2019 06:23 PM
    Stock mail app.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-02-2019 07:00 PM
    Ok, Spike email has to go. This is what it was up to while I slept last night. What’s up with that?? It was just sucking up battery for no reason.

07-07-2019 07:49 AM
    Ok, Spike email has to go. This is what it was up to while I slept last night. What’s up with that?? It was just sucking up battery for no reason.

[IMG=947x2048]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190707/534b69dd28605cb9a22fcb46a1a8ffbe.jpg[/url]
    To be fair, the app is apparently called “Spike” for a reason....

Of course, I’m just messing with you.
    phlamethrowre likes this.
    07-07-2019 07:55 AM
    I've tried a lot of them, all the times I went back to the default mail app. It still the best for my needs.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    07-10-2019 02:29 PM
45 12