BE Weather is back!

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if this has been posted already, but BE Weather version 3 is back in the App Store. It does cost $3.99 but it is now powered by Dark Sky, which has been my most accurate weather provider. Nice selection of fonts and 200 weather icons to choose from. Light and Dark modes too105F4A04-E34F-42B1-8D4B-160E436F0A7D.jpeg

djs71a

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
I don't know if I should thank you or not. I don't know what it is, but I am sucker for weather apps. Now that you mentioned this one, I guess I'll have to buy it ;-)

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Definitely still buggy but it might take a few updates to get sorted out - still one of the better presentations and highly customizable. Let's see how 'Dark Sky' as a source works - feedback from away from US major cities would be appreciated...especially from other countries than USA or Canada. Looking more for Caribbean / Tropical or South American responses

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
The bug in BeWeather 3

BeWeather since it's revival has been uncanny in showing my present location with the street name accurately displayed. It's nothing which I entered - the wizardry of GPS simply 'found' the location & it's a gap off a main road, Sometimes it fine- tunes even that to the name of a gap off my street!! When not in use though, it will intermittently lose this reference, and on next launch, show something very generic eg 'Caribbean Sea'. Other weather apps when going generic may indicate simply 'Barbados' ( as opposed to a town or village close by) but not quite as vague as 'Caribbean Sea'. If I go to 'settings' within the app, and do not do or change anything, but select 'done' it will instantly refresh itself with the correct position, gap name & all. The depicted weather does not change much if at all. I'm sure this will be 'worked out' but I wonder if others have seen this behaviour in the app. It 'was' my go-to for years until it disappeared off the radar & I'm relieved to have it back - even if it assumes that I'm floating adrift at sea. ⚓️. I do use 'Background App Refresh for this app and have set Location Services for it to 'Always On'...

Last edited:

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I have moved 'BeWeather back to my home screen as the go-to weatherguesser. It followed me flawlessly to a few off the beaten track locations here on the island and now seems to get a fix on my home position without hiccups. I have other weather apps in use too but so far what I see in the Dark Sky sourcing I like. Please do keep the feedback loop going especially from 'out of the way' areas, countries & locations.

Last edited: