BeWeather 3 for iPhone

dchandler

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

How can I get back into this beta, I was in it before but im not getting any updates.

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site

How can I get back into this beta, I was in it before but im not getting any updates.

I may be wrong but I think the one in the App Store is the vers 3 beta. I haven’t had an update since I installed it months ago

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Can we install the beta from somewhere, I've been a tester for BE Weather since the Blackberry days

Pfluger will have to put you back on the list if there is room. He will show up here in the thread and see your request or maybe PM him.

Last edited:

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

@pfluger,

A few comments on the new beta:
1. Adding locations works
2. Thanks for adding widget/theme dark mode/light mode switching. It works well.
3. Swipe down to close alert text is a nice UI addition (I don't recall it was there before).

I see a few bugs:
1. In maps for the location following location the blue dot (location) is not centered. Other locations are centered on the map.

2. For maps with the location following location it is slow to load maps sometimes. Other locations seem good. For example if you swipe away from the first location (location following) to another location. Then when you swipe back the radar is not showing. It has a noticeable delay to start loading again.

3. The Detailed Forecast will be blank sometimes. When you tap on it it reappears.

4. The system font does not appear to be San Francisco

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Just a bit more on the map loading lag. It really seems to be tied to the location searching. I added a 2nd location that is the same as the first location. The 2nd location loads the maps much faster while location 1 will lag and sometimes not even load the radar map. Just swiping back and forth shows the lag for location 1 vs location 2 (again same physical location.

And this occurs even when wifi or lte signal is strong (I could understand some delay when the signals are poor).

Sometimes there is no lag but often it occurs.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

3. The Detailed Forecast will be blank sometimes. When you tap on it it reappears.

4. The system font does not appear to be San Francisco
These two should be fixed in the 3.1.14 beta that we released to TestFlight today.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Version 3.1.15 with support for iOS 13 dark theme is now available in the app store.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner