BeWeather 3 for iPhone

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

@pfluger

A request for weather alert notifications:

1. When you tap on a notification alert have the app open the alert instead of opening on the main screen of the app. This way you can read the entire alert immediately without another tap.

2. In the app, add swipe from right to close the alert screen. This will be much easier to close (especially one-handed) vs having to tap on the X at the top of the screen.

Thanks.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I have to say, that I was very pleased with the alerts I got two weeks ago when we were hit with 18+ tornadoes!

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

@pfluger

1. When you tap on a notification alert have the app open the alert instead of opening on the main screen of the app. This way you can read the entire alert immediately without another tap.

Thanks.

This should be fixed by the latest 3.0.34 version we released today.

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

I actually entered my house street address and it found it and it shows my house on the radar map marker

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site

This should be fixed by the latest 3.0.34 version we released today.

Hello, I posted this question on Twitter to @bellshare but no one replied to me. Are there any plans for this new version 3 for android? I own both iPhones and androids and want it on all of them. Thank you

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Hello, I posted this question on Twitter to @bellshare but no one replied to me. Are there any plans for this new version 3 for android? I own both iPhones and androids and want it on all of them. Thank you

There are no plans at this time to bring BeWeather back to Android.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

Just installed....Will give Dark Sky as a source a chance... ( Their own app is n/a on the Canadian App Store & the Barbados App store is very limited all round) Since most other 'Civlian' Weather info now seems sourced from 'The Weather Company', it's going to give a bit of extra depth I hope. As a retired airline pilot, living in hurricane territory I'm always keen on having comprehensive weather information available.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I guess I should be glad I get notifications at all, but I get 2 or 3 of the same notifications at the same time. Might be that I'm on the iOS public beta 2. Not sure.
But BeWeather 3 are the only ones that come in that way.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Of course I'm not in any beta but BeWeather 3 is behaving well for me
c24360bdee34d80543057c3fa83303a0.jpg

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

BeWeather crashes when trying to add new location.

Anyone else?

Device is X and I’m on latest iOS 13 public beta. It could be because I’m on beta. Who knows.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

Probably not - I have found BeWeather 3 prone to varied glitches & off & on bugs and I'm not in any beta. I just download & use 'off the shelf & out of the box '
What I have found is that since it now sources from Dark Sky it's accuracy both short & long term has improved vs it's former Weather Company data.

On same vane, even though Wunderground is owned by Weather Company, it's own App, which now involves crowdsourcing data, is far more accurate particularly short term, that the Weather Channel App, at least when away from the populated centers in the continental US. Here in the Caribbean, getting truly updated local weather is always an issue and the crowdsource /hyperlocal concept is extremely beneficial- thus I've replaced BeWeather 3 with Wunderground as my front page weather guesser.
The bug I see in BeWeather most often is the need to go to 'settings' then 'done' ( without having 'done' anything) for it to accurately reflect your location. It's one of my 'background app refreshed' apps and uses the GPS 'always'....

Last edited:

moyjoy

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site

BeWeather crashes when trying to add new location.

Anyone else?

Device is X and I’m on latest iOS 13 public beta. It could be because I’m on beta. Who knows.

Yes, on iOS 13.1 public beta.
@pfluger The hurricanes page is blank for me and my sis who is not on iOS beta. Any chance we’ll get that back?

Generally speaking though the accuracy and alerts have been super on point. I’ve actually been able to time my commute between the recent wild downpours we’ve been getting in NYC.

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site

@pfluger The hurricanes page is blank for me and my sis who is not on iOS beta. Any chance we’ll get that back?

Generally speaking though the accuracy and alerts have been super on point. I’ve actually been able to time my commute between the recent wild downpours we’ve been getting in NYC.

What Hurricane page? I’m using this app and I can’t find a Hurricane page

dollface

May 27, 2012
Visit site

Never mind, I found it on the weather map. Mine is blank too but I think it is because there are no Hurricanes in my area (PA) even though there are active ones in other places. It would be nice if we could track hurricanes anywhere in the US, but perhaps it is just for local activity

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

My version 4.0.37 ( 5 days ago) will open its weather map but when the hurricane icon ( lower right) is tapped, it will indicate 'No Hurricanes' - trust me, there ARE hurricanes afoot not too far from here. I'm not using any Beta that I know of, either with iOS, OR BeWeather 3....

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Due to issues with our hurricane data provider BeWeather is currently not displaying any tropical storm information.

If this information is critical to you please refer to the National Hurricane Center website for this information (https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/)

We are currently working on getting this data back into the app. We are very sorry for the inconvenience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro