BeWeather 3 for iPhone

scryber

Sep 19, 2018
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

I don't see that for my location. But do for your area. Also don't see it for your area in other apps. Could be ground clutter causing it with the radar there.

Isn't it using the same data as Dark Sky? In any case it's still got phantom blobs, 7 hours later.

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site

I noticed when opening menu to change locations it defaults to delete location screen. I don’t remember it doing this before.

9fc79aea25d6e7e334e5ca27950e433d.jpg

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I noticed when opening menu to change locations it defaults to delete location screen. I don’t remember it doing this before.

9fc79aea25d6e7e334e5ca27950e433d.jpg

Yes, that is the correct new behavior. We also moved the 'add' button to the bottom as we could remove the 'edit' button.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

Isn't it using the same data as Dark Sky? In any case it's still got phantom blobs, 7 hours later.

Yes, it uses weather data from Dark Sky, but not the map. The map may still be weather underground. Not sure. But it's radar ground clutter. The radar appears to originate just south of Ashburn, and spreads out to the Rockford area.
9156a24a86fc9a05bcdc30160d4a5eda.jpg

I don't see that ground clutter any where else.
This can happen when the radar beam is too low. It can also happen when an atmospheric phenomenon known as an inversion causes the beam to turn downward into the earth. An inversion is a layer of warm air up above a layer of cooler air.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Yes, that is the correct new behavior. We also moved the 'add' button to the bottom as we could remove the 'edit' button.

Is it possible to go back to the old behavior. Weather conditions at a glance for cities on the list was a huge plus.
I really liked the old way better.
I didn't update my iPad yet and this looks much better IMHO.
840f80ee44401a16bb3250c2cf0327c8.jpg

This just looks like a blank page for time zones about to be deleted.
c308173da254e79f462c76e1efa233a2.jpg

Last edited:

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

@pluger

Thanks for all the programming to support the legacy icons. And I am able to select a custom icon set now.

One very minor issue is the rain graph doesn't always have the motion effect (up and down waves). This seems to occur sometimes when you enter the app from the widget. The rain graph then has no active motion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

One very minor issue is the rain graph doesn't always have the motion effect (up and down waves). This seems to occur sometimes when you enter the app from the widget. The rain graph then has no active motion.

This has happened to me as well a few times. But not from opening the app from the widget. I set it in motion again by tapping the caret to close, then again to open.

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Is it possible to go back to the old behavior. Weather conditions at a glance for cities on the list was a huge plus.
I really liked the old way better.
I didn't update my iPad yet and this looks much better IMHO.
840f80ee44401a16bb3250c2cf0327c8.jpg

This just looks like a blank page for time zones about to be deleted.
c308173da254e79f462c76e1efa233a2.jpg

I also see it as being a hassle for lefties accidentally deleting places.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I also see it as being a hassle for lefties accidentally deleting places.

I agree as well as the "new behavior" not letting you know hazardous conditions where a family member or friend lives. The old set up was great. IMHO

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Notifications work for whatever location is first on the list. Does not matter if it is the gps location or a manually entered one.

hmm I wonder why my don't work, I had many red bars on on my first location but did not get notifications.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I don't care for the red delete buttons in the location menu. Agree with others it was better before.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

We might tweak the use of the delete buttons but there will be no weather data coming back to the sidebar at this time.

Humm. May I ask why not? That was one of the main features that separated BeWeather from the rest.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Humm. May I ask why not? That was one of the main features that separated BeWeather from the rest.

The problem is that showing weather conditions in the list means we have to update data for all the locations (which multiplies the cost for accessing the weather data) even if you are only checking one location.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

We are going to release the last beta into the App Store. It should be online within the next couple of hours.

BeWeather 3 will be available for $0.99 for a very limited time but if you have posted in this thread please shoot me a short PM and I will send you a coupon code for a free copy!

A couple more betas will be coming.

EDIT: Here is a direct link to BeWeather 3 as the app store search might not yet find it: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beweather-3/id1454636337?ls=1&mt=8&at=10l3Vy

EDIT 2: Please leave a review on the app store. That helps us a lot!

Last edited:

moyjoy

Mar 4, 2019
Visit site

We are going to release the last beta into the App Store. It should be online within the next couple of hours.

EDIT 2: Please leave a review on the app store. That helps us a lot!

Thanks! The search didn’t pull it up, but long pressing what you posted and choosing “open in App Store” worked fine. Downloading and reviewing now! 🙂

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox