BeWeather 3 for iPhone

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

This is the second time I've received a notification at 3/4am, but none during the day/regular hours. Not sure why
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190322/10acdb365dbba34f3a6db9f2d71ca394.jpg

Got one yesterday.
162f9a469f037ee3231870e8052c9577.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

OH okay. I received another notification from BeWeather @4:08am today. I'm still not sure why there coming at that time of Morning while I'm sleeping.

I guess they go out when Dark Sky gets them from the National Weather Service. Not sure.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting them...in the middle of the night (very early morning), still not sure why they come at that time.
3b00f793735134f140cb038cac65fae3.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

And your Bible verse came at 12:28 am. Are you on a European time zone or something?

Nope, Im on EST. My Bible verse has always come around the start of the new day since I installed it about a hundred years ago.
9d5b899e7a9ade8773d6f759743520db.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Special Weather Statements come from the National Weather Service. Dark Sky is just passing those along as they get them.

So when does your notifications show up? I would think that the time would be the same across all weather apps and only BeWeather comes in at wee hours of the morning.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

@pfluger

I am not receive all alerts. I did receive a tornado warning last week. Today we have a flood warning and I did not receive an alert (see pictures). This warning has existed for a few days but you can see it was updated at 11:00 am today and no alert. If an existing warning is updated then I think another alert notification should be pushed out as the details of the warning/watch have changed. So maybe that is the issue here?
We notify for both new alerts and updates.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

On my phone (iPhone Xs) I got blank notifications all day. I have to touch the widget to get the red bar to show up with the alert, and touch the location in the app to get the alert to show up in app.

On my iPad (I haven’t tested alerts) the temps on the sidebar don’t update until I touch them.
(Even flawed this is STILL the best weather app out there 😉)

View attachment 125876
View attachment 125877

To save on the number of weather data requests we only update the location that is currently visible on the screen.

As the sidebar is not constantly visible on the iPhone that does not pose a problem. Definitely an issue on the iPad (try swiping left and right through your locations and you should see the temperatures on the sidebar update).

We might have to remove the temperature display in the sidebar completely.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I guess they go out when Dark Sky gets them from the National Weather Service. Not sure.

The alerts you see in the app come from Dark Sky.

The weather alert notifications we push are directly from the National Weather Service.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

I did receive an alert for Lake Shore Advisory and then when the advisory was updated I received a 2nd alert later in the day today.

But:

1. I am not receiving any alerts for a Flood Warning (see pic)

2. I do not get any of the precipitation alerts like Dark Sky (drizzle starting....see pic).

fullsizeoutput_2dbe.jpegfullsizeoutput_2dbd.jpegfullsizeoutput_2db7.jpeg

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

I did receive an alert for Lake Shore Advisory and then when the advisory was updated I received a 2nd alert later in the day today.

But:

1. I am not receiving any alerts for a Flood Warning (see pic)

2. I do not get any of the precipitation alerts like Dark Sky (drizzle starting....see pic).

View attachment 125901View attachment 125902View attachment 125903

I checked this and I think this is the problem: As I mentioned earlier weather alerts in the app come through the DarkSky service but our alert notifications come directly from the NWS.

In your case the Flood Warning seems to be wrong and not apply to your location (You can double check by looking up your location on other weather services and the NWS).

So DarkSky is supplying us with wrong data. As we poll the NWS for the alert notification and they do not show the Flood Warning for you location you never received a push notification for this.

EDIT: We do not send any precipitation notifications like DarkSky.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

I got a rain alert an hour or so ago from Dark Sky, but no such notification from BeWeather. Here is a screenshot of notifications that I just got:

IMG_4740.JPG

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox