BeWeather 3 for iPhone

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

DarkSky is providing the information what icon to use. Unfortunately it differs a lot from what Weather Underground gave us.

For custom iconsets we might create a fallback system were we translate DarkSky's icon names to the old Weather Underground ones so the sets work without changes.

This is not as easy as it sounds though. For example when DarkSky only tells us 'fog' we have to figure out if this is day or night etc. Also the old sets never included 'wind' as that wasn't reported by WU. We would have to show sunny/clear night instead. And again we would have to figure out if it is day or night.
@pfluger, this sounds a bit challenging but it there is anyway for you to do this it will be greatly appreciated by many of us long time users. Otherwise a lot of the existing custom sets that will be less usable. Thank you.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

One thing I noticed for me the widget will not update the temperature right away, when I open the app the temperature will be different then what the widget says for that location.

So app has the correct temp but the widget will not.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

One thing I noticed for me the widget will not update the temperature right away, when I open the app the temperature will be different then what the widget says for that location.

So app has the correct temp but the widget will not.

All apps in the widget area update when the widget is opened. They are not designed to update until the widget is opened. At least that's how my iPhone Xs Max works. My BeWeather widget updates rather quickly in my opinion.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

All apps in the widget area update when the widget is opened. They are not designed to update until the widget is opened. At least that's how my iPhone Xs Max works. My BeWeather widget updates rather quickly in my opinion.

No that is not how it should be, on Beweather 2 I had the temp the same on the widget as when I opened the app.

Seems there is some kind of bug. Even after I open the app the widget will have a different temp.

Most widget update if you swipe to the left and have internet connection, there is no need to open the app to have the widget updated.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

When I go to my widgets all the apps update. I don't have to go into the app itself.
Are you saying that BeWeather doesn't update your BeWeather widget unless you go into the app?

I'm not experiencing any problems with my BeWeather widget.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

No that is not how it should be, on Beweather 2 I had the temp the same on the widget as when I opened the app.

Seems there is some kind of bug. Even after I open the app the widget will have a different temp.

Most widget update if you swipe to the left and have internet connection, there is no need to open the app to have the widget updated.

Do you have the same location on the widget as in the app? My widget always shows the same temp on both. The widget should update just as the app does. I just swiped to the widget, and it updated to 56°. I then opened the app, and it updated to 56°.

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

Do you have the same location on the widget as in the app? My widget always shows the same temp on both. The widget should update just as the app does. I just swiped to the widget, and it updated to 56°. I then opened the app, and it updated to 56°.

yes I have the same location, normally I wouldn't have to go to the app but when I do, the app will show a degree warmer or two obviously because it has been opened and updated but then I look at the widget it shows different temperature degree or two lower, the widget will update itself maybe 20 to 40 minutes after to have the same temperature as on the opened app. I am using the teal widget theme, not sure maybe themes have something to do with it?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

yes I have the same location, normally I wouldn't have to go to the app but when I do, the app will show a degree warmer or two obviously because it has been opened and updated but then I look at the widget it shows different temperature degree or two lower, the widget will update itself maybe 20 to 40 minutes after to have the same temperature as on the opened app. I am using the teal widget theme, not sure maybe themes have something to do with it?

Yeah, that's not right. Should be almost instantly once widget is opened. Maybe delete and reinstall BeWeather 3 beta

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I wouldn't think the theme color has anything to do with it. The widget and the app should update to the same temp. Whatever temp Dark Sky is for your location. Technology isn't always perfect though. Keep an eye on it and see how it goes. May have been a temporary glitch.

CletusWaldman

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site

Everything seems to be working fine here. No opportunity for an alert. I like the Purple theme. I am suspect of Dark Sky, but as I said before, so long as they don't use DS radar colors, it is fine.

But positive report from me.

Thanks Cletus

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I just installed the app yesterday. It looks good. However, I've not gotten any notifications. I know that a few people have shared that they have received some, so I thought I would mention this!

rstark18

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site

I just installed the app yesterday. It looks good. However, I've not gotten any notifications. I know that a few people have shared that they have received some, so I thought I would mention this!

I’ve gotten a few but they’re definitely on the light side

CletusWaldman

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site

I have two email subscription alerts that I get. So if I get one of those, then I'd expect BeWeather to send one too. There is a fairly big storm coming so tomorrow my phone should light up with alerts.
Fingers crossed.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I have two email subscription alerts that I get. So if I get one of those, then I'd expect BeWeather to send one too. There is a fairly big storm coming so tomorrow my phone should light up with alerts.
Fingers crossed.

Well stay safe then!

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Fingers crossed.

Also make sure to turn weather alert notifications on in BeWeather. They are off by default.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW