BeWeather 3 for iPhone

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

You are correct as to when an update is needed. There was a long period where there were no updates and people were upset because of "problems" I do not expect changes for the sake of changes Lord knows the weather channel app can handle changes that destroy the app. If BW is functioning then great! But if things stop functioning etc I would expect fixes.Right now things are going good for me and I am satisfied.

Understood. Thank you, sir....and you’re spot-on in regard to the Weather Channel app....

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You are correct as to when an update is needed. There was a long period where there were no updates and people were upset because of "problems" I do not expect changes for the sake of changes Lord knows the weather channel app can handle changes that destroy the app. If BW is functioning then great! But if things stop functioning etc I would expect fixes.Right now things are going good for me and I am satisfied.

There were long periods with no updates to BeWeather 2. And during that time, the app was buggy, with some features not working. You can scroll up on the BeWeather 2 thread and see the complaints during those times of no updates. Hopefully, that won't happen with BeWeather 3.

ealvnv

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

Been seeing this for the last week with the latest beta. Same in app and widget

d03780d4e45c71f16e0055392ae0d438.jpg

mpham2

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site

Paid full price for be2 and just paid full price for 3. So I have invested the price of a coffee and bagel. Can’t see why so many have their pants in such a wad. Yes it has problems, still one of the best apps out there.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

That’s exactly what I’m wondering!

I just double checked and there isn't even a BeWeather complication on the Apple Watch to download. Maybe I shouldn't have deleted the old complication? Can you check to see if you still have the old complication?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

And I haven’t been getting notifications on my phone until this weekend’s severe weather

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

The icons in the haven’t haven’t been matching up to the forecast. For example...mostly cloudy is showing an umbrella icon & overcast is showing the sun. Other than that, the temps & written forecast are the same as Dark Sky.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

The icons in the haven’t haven’t been matching up to the forecast. For example...mostly cloudy is showing an umbrella icon & overcast is showing the sun. Other than that, the temps & written forecast are the same as Dark Sky.

I have this problem from time to time as well Nikki and from what I can tell Darksky isn't always accurate in my location.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I have this problem from time to time as well Nikki and from what I can tell Darksky isn't always accurate in my location.

I hear that about Dark Sky a lot. I’m glad it’s extremely accurate in NYC. I also use Storm Radar because I get all the same notifications as Dark Sky plus some extras.

BeWeather is pretty solid, but I tend to forget to look at it. The notifications seems to be sporadic. I got tons last night about the coming storm but nothing at all this morning when the storm actually hit. It’s also been raining on and off & nothing. It’s really weird.

Update: it’s 1540 & I just got an update about a wind advisory from BeWeather..interesting*

Last edited: