Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more! | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    You had any weather that should call for an alert?
    Not today but tomorrow may be another story !
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    03-23-2019 06:10 PM
    None yet for me!
    None yet for me either and today I should’ve gotten some !
    03-23-2019 09:48 PM
    I'm getting them...in the middle of the night (very early morning), still not sure why they come at that time.
    03-24-2019 08:40 AM
    I'm getting them...in the middle of the night (very early morning), still not sure why they come at that time.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...8cac65fae3.jpg
    And your Bible verse came at 12:28 am. Are you on a European time zone or something?
    03-24-2019 10:11 AM
    And your Bible verse came at 12:28 am. Are you on a European time zone or something?
    Nope, Im on EST. My Bible verse has always come around the start of the new day since I installed it about a hundred years ago.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-24-2019 10:16 AM
    Nope, Im on EST. My Bible verse has always come around the start of the new day since I installed it about a hundred years ago.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...59743520db.jpg
    Special Weather Statements come from the National Weather Service. Dark Sky is just passing those along as they get them.
    03-24-2019 10:24 AM
    Special Weather Statements come from the National Weather Service. Dark Sky is just passing those along as they get them.
    So when does your notifications show up? I would think that the time would be the same across all weather apps and only BeWeather comes in at wee hours of the morning.
    03-24-2019 10:27 AM

Just got a notification. It’s looking kind of gloomy out here
    03-24-2019 02:58 PM
    @pfluger

I am not receive all alerts. I did receive a tornado warning last week. Today we have a flood warning and I did not receive an alert (see pictures). This warning has existed for a few days but you can see it was updated at 11:00 am today and no alert. If an existing warning is updated then I think another alert notification should be pushed out as the details of the warning/watch have changed. So maybe that is the issue here?
    We notify for both new alerts and updates.
    03-24-2019 03:45 PM
    On my phone (iPhone Xs) I got blank notifications all day. I have to touch the widget to get the red bar to show up with the alert, and touch the location in the app to get the alert to show up in app.

On my iPad (I haven’t tested alerts) the temps on the sidebar don’t update until I touch them.
    (Even flawed this is STILL the best weather app out there 😉)

Attachment 125876
    Attachment 125877
    To save on the number of weather data requests we only update the location that is currently visible on the screen.

As the sidebar is not constantly visible on the iPhone that does not pose a problem. Definitely an issue on the iPad (try swiping left and right through your locations and you should see the temperatures on the sidebar update).

We might have to remove the temperature display in the sidebar completely.
    moyjoy likes this.
    03-24-2019 03:49 PM
    I guess they go out when Dark Sky gets them from the National Weather Service. Not sure.
    The alerts you see in the app come from Dark Sky.

The weather alert notifications we push are directly from the National Weather Service.
    Just_Me_D and Ledsteplin like this.
    03-24-2019 03:50 PM
    I did receive an alert for Lake Shore Advisory and then when the advisory was updated I received a 2nd alert later in the day today.

But:

1. I am not receiving any alerts for a Flood Warning (see pic)

2. I do not get any of the precipitation alerts like Dark Sky (drizzle starting....see pic).

BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone-fullsizeoutput_2dbe.jpegBeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone-fullsizeoutput_2dbd.jpegBeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone-fullsizeoutput_2db7.jpeg
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-24-2019 04:15 PM
    I did receive an alert for Lake Shore Advisory and then when the advisory was updated I received a 2nd alert later in the day today.

But:

1. I am not receiving any alerts for a Flood Warning (see pic)

2. I do not get any of the precipitation alerts like Dark Sky (drizzle starting....see pic).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_2dbe.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	233.4 KB 
ID:	125901Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_2dbd.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	754.7 KB 
ID:	125902Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_2db7.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	634.4 KB 
ID:	125903
    I checked this and I think this is the problem: As I mentioned earlier weather alerts in the app come through the DarkSky service but our alert notifications come directly from the NWS.

In your case the Flood Warning seems to be wrong and not apply to your location (You can double check by looking up your location on other weather services and the NWS).

So DarkSky is supplying us with wrong data. As we poll the NWS for the alert notification and they do not show the Flood Warning for you location you never received a push notification for this.

EDIT: We do not send any precipitation notifications like DarkSky.
    03-24-2019 04:36 PM
    I got a rain alert an hour or so ago from Dark Sky, but no such notification from BeWeather. Here is a screenshot of notifications that I just got:

BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone-img_4740.jpg
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-24-2019 04:38 PM
    I got a rain alert an hour or so ago from Dark Sky, but no such notification from BeWeather. Here is a screenshot of notifications that I just got:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4740.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	125904
    Read the Edit in the post above yours.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-24-2019 04:47 PM
    I checked this and I think this is the problem: As I mentioned earlier weather alerts in the app come through the DarkSky service but our alert notifications come directly from the NWS.

In your case the Flood Warning seems to be wrong and not apply to your location (You can double check by looking up your location on other weather services and the NWS).

So DarkSky is supplying us with wrong data. As we poll the NWS for the alert notification and they do not show the Flood Warning for you location you never received a push notification for this.

EDIT: We do not send any precipitation notifications like DarkSky.
    There is a flood warning for my location on the NWS: https://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...2#.XJf_Fi2ZNGE

Do you plan to send precipitation alerts in the future?

Thanks.
    03-24-2019 05:06 PM
    There is a flood warning for my location on the NWS: https://forecast.weather.gov/showsig...2#.XJf_Fi2ZNGE

Do you plan to send precipitation alerts in the future?

Thanks.
    I just checked. The link in your post uses the geolocation 42.1946,-88.1502. I checked against the NWS API service where our server gets the data from and it does return both the advisory and the warning for that location.

The lat/lon our servers got from BeWeather on your phone is slightly different though. (Not posting it here for privacy reasons). For that location there is only the advisory.

Is this the GPS 'My Location' in BeWeather or a manually entered one?

Regarding precipitation alerts. There are currently no plans but if we decide to add them they would have to be part of a premium subscription service.
    Last edited by pfluger; 03-24-2019 at 05:35 PM.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-24-2019 05:25 PM
    I just checked. The link in your post uses the geolocation 42.1946,-88.1502. I checked against the NWS API service where our server gets the data from and it does return both the advisory and the warning for that location.

The lat/lon our servers got from BeWeather on your phone is slightly different though. (Not posting it here for privacy reasons). For that location there is only the advisory.

Is this the GPS 'My Location' in BeWeather or a manually entered one?

Regarding precipitation alerts. There are currently no plans but if we decide to add them they would have to be part of a premium subscription service.
    This GPS was from 'My location'. I did not manually enter it.

I do get the warning shown in the app, just not an alert. It seems like it should be consistent so if the app shows the warning then it should get an alert. If my location should not get a warning then it should not show in the app.

I just deleted the app and reinstalled it and the warning shows up in the app. I just let the app select my location.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.
    03-24-2019 05:44 PM
    This GPS was from 'My location'. I did not manually enter it.

I do get the warning shown in the app, just not an alert. It seems like it should be consistent so if the app shows the warning then it should get an alert. If my location should not get a warning then it should not show in the app.

I just deleted the app and reinstalled it and the warning shows up in the app. I just let the app select my location.

Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks.
    Yes, we will probably have to replace the DarkSky supplied alerts in the app with the NWS ones we use for the notifications to make ensure this is consistent.

DarkSky might match locations differently to the weather alert zones that leads to these inconsistencies.

There is one other possibility what might have caused this. Currently BeWeather supplies our alert notification server with the GPS location when you open the app. When in the background there are no GPS updates.

So if you move and never open BeWeather up again we still have that old GPS location and will send alerts for that location only.
    03-24-2019 05:50 PM
    After reinstalling BE3 it does not let me select custom icons.
    03-24-2019 05:50 PM
    Yes, we will probably have to replace the DarkSky supplied alerts in the app with the NWS ones we use for the notifications to make ensure this is consistent.

DarkSky might match locations differently to the weather alert zones that leads to these inconsistencies.

There is one other possibility what might have caused this. Currently BeWeather supplies our alert notification server with the GPS location when you open the app. When in the background there are no GPS updates.

So if you move and never open BeWeather up again we still have that old GPS location and will send alerts for that location only.
    This makes sense.

In my situation I don't think it was the last possibility. I have been in the same location.
    03-24-2019 05:54 PM
    I finally got a weather alert yesterday
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-25-2019 06:46 AM
    Im glad you got an alert and hope that everyone stays safe. And I now realize that no news is good news - no alerts means no bad weather!
    Ledsteplin and Spencerdl like this.
    03-25-2019 07:25 AM
    I got my first notification

Spencerdl likes this.
    03-27-2019 07:19 AM
    Im glad you got an alert and hope that everyone stays safe. And I now realize that no news is good news - no alerts means no bad weather!
    Thanks Annie !

Update: I’ve been getting alerts now almost daily. 🧐idk if that’s good or bad LOL
    Annie_8plus and Spencerdl like this.
    03-27-2019 07:26 AM
600 ... 1617181920 ...