I don't have Dark Sky, and no clue what it looks like.
    I have used Dark Sky and BeWeather for several years. When BW used Weather Underground as a weather source, BW was much more accurate than DS. Now BW is just a second version of the inaccurate DS.

For example: During a severe thunderstorm with a warning BW (using WU) accurately said thunderstorm. We had property damage. However, DS said drizzle.

During an ice storm with a warning BW (using WU) accurately said significant ice accumulation. We lost power for three days. DS said light snow.

DS (and now BW) refuses to forecast "thunderstorm". It's like they're afraid of the word "thunderstorm". DS says heavy rain or drizzle but NEVER says thunderstorm. I think that's a huge malfunction. I need to know if lightning or severe weather is in the forecast.

I have many more examples to show how horribly inaccurate DS is compared to WU.

Please visit forecastadvisor.com and check it out. You'll see that DS lags in accuracy compared to the other weather sites.

Thanks!
    03-09-2019 07:02 AM
    @pfluger
    Could you explain section header style. I've tried all 4 styles, but see no difference anywhere.
    @pfluger

With all due respect I have been on this forum as long as the rest of you and I don't understand why everyone PUTS UP with explanations about a weather app that was great and now a rework is taken out of the app store and now unless you are willing to DL a Beta which I am not, You have no BW app?? Deleted mine and will be using the native iPhone app and Accuweather.
    03-09-2019 07:12 AM
    @pfluger

With all due respect I have been on this forum as long as the rest of you and I don't understand why everyone PUTS UP with explanations about a weather app that was great and now a rework is taken out of the app store and now unless you are willing to DL a Beta which I am not, You have no BW app?? Deleted mine and will be using the native iPhone app and Accuweather.
    It should be in the app store very soon. The old BeWeather 2 had become unstable and no longer works, which is why it was removed from the app store. He's getting the new one right before submitting it to iTunes. At this point, the beta is very nice and works well. It's stable and very accurate so far. There's some new additions that are nice.
    moyjoy likes this.
    03-09-2019 07:25 AM
    It should be in the app store very soon. The old BeWeather 2 had become unstable and no longer works, which is why it was removed from the app store. He's getting the new one right before submitting it to iTunes. At this point, the beta is very nice and works well. It's stable and very accurate so far. There's some new additions that are nice.
    As always I appreciate your response my friend but can you understand how leary I have become and getting the new reworked Beta - Public Release back in the app store I have heard for 3 weeks. Some times simple is better. Works for all other long standing weather apps.
    03-09-2019 07:29 AM
    This is not going to become a back and forth weather app comparison thread. This is not going to become a back and forth weather app comparison thread...PERIOD.
    If you don't like the app don't use it...move on. SIMPLE
    @pfluger Thanks for reworking the new BeWeather 3 with diligence and timely beta updates.
    03-09-2019 08:49 AM
    As always I appreciate your response my friend but can you understand how leary I have become and getting the new reworked Beta - Public Release back in the app store I have heard for 3 weeks. Some times simple is better. Works for all other long standing weather apps.
    I don’t think people understand that WeatherUnderground is pulling their API’s so now we have BeWeather in beta with data from Dark Sky. So the new BeWeather is in beta phase to kick out the kinks and that is what this forum is about, the beta version for testing.

Negative remarks about an app in beta are invalid.
    03-09-2019 08:50 AM
    I don’t think people understand that WeatherUnderground is pulling their API’s so now we have BeWeather in beta with data from Dark Sky. So the new BeWeather is in beta phase to kick out the kinks and that is what this forum is about, the beta version for testing.

Negative remarks about an app in beta are invalid.
    Exactly.
    Chucky1 likes this.
    03-09-2019 08:52 AM
    Thread title edited to reflect that BeWeather v3 is in Beta
    wolfee48 and Ledsteplin like this.
    03-09-2019 09:21 AM
    Thread title edited to reflect that BeWeather v3 is in Beta
    If you read about the app I think Being in Beta is a given. TY for the input from all. Don't agree but TY anyway!!

Next thing you know I will get banned for voicing my opinion!
    03-09-2019 10:42 AM
    Next thing you know I will get banned for voicing my opinion!
    Nope no need for a BAN, but you have been around long enough to know how Betas work and how Apple works as well.
    Chucky1 likes this.
    03-09-2019 10:47 AM
    @pfluger
    I really like the data slot to text forecast to the right of every day customization. Nice touch!
    I'm curious why the rain graph no longer works in the widget. It worked briefly after the update, but stopped.
    Thanks for your hard work with BeWeather 3.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-09-2019 10:51 AM
    @pfluger
    I'm not getting any weather alerts at all. We currently have a tornado watch, but no alert from BeWeather 3. I have notifications on in the phone settings, as well as the alerts in the app. Location services is set to "always".
    03-09-2019 02:52 PM
    New update people - 3.0.20 (3008)
    03-09-2019 06:35 PM
    The rain measurement has been fixed in the widget section
    Chucky1 and Spencerdl like this.
    03-09-2019 06:37 PM
    New Bug.

Weather icons are showing sun instead of moon at night in next 24 hours section.

And it looks like it is showing the moon instead of the sun in the next 7 days (Monday).

See picture:

BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone-img_0245.jpg
    03-09-2019 08:20 PM
    New Bug.

Weather icons are showing sun instead of moon at night in next 24 hours section.

And it looks like it is showing the moon instead of the sun in the next 7 days (Monday).

See picture:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0245.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	709.8 KB 
ID:	125787
    It’s displaying properly on my device.

BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone-img_0236.jpg
    03-09-2019 08:28 PM
    I tired different icon sets and it shows the same issue.
    03-09-2019 08:32 PM
    New Bug.

See picture:

Can confirm this bug

03-09-2019 09:03 PM
    New Bug.

See picture:

It's not a new bug. We've seen it off and on with BeWeather 3. Hopefully, @pfluger will get it worked out. I see the moon on Friday on my 7 days.
    03-09-2019 09:33 PM
    New Bug.

See picture:

The daily forecast sometimes showing a moon icon is already fixed in the upcoming beta.

Not sure why it is happening in the hourly forecast though. Do you see that with the default icon set, too?
    03-09-2019 09:57 PM
    The daily forecast sometimes showing a moon icon is already fixed in the upcoming beta.

Not sure why it is happening in the hourly forecast though. Do you see that with the default icon set, too?
    I am not seeing it in the default icon set. Only in the custom icons sets (I tried a few).

This is the first time I have seen this in BW3. It was working fine on the custom icons.

It works Ok in certain locations and not Ok in other locations.

This is Reality XL (but other icons sets are doing the same):

Springfield IL is not working but Kansas City MO is working fine right now with Reality XL.

Strange.....
    03-09-2019 10:23 PM
    I stopped getting all updates several days ago (can't recall exactly when), had lost hope on BeWeather, and uninstalled it. Was very relieved to find this thread, but am puzzled by the behavior of the AppStore right now. I cannot find BeWeather listed on the AppStore, and when I follow search results that use the appstore weblinks give me a dialog that the app is not available in the region I am in (US?). But, I used my own purchase history to download again. However, I am not getting any updates (although I am able to search and add locations)? Can someone help a newbie out and explain these symptoms? I checked and I am on 3.0.17. I refreshed the appstore updates and I'm not getting to show 3.0.20 yet.

TIA
    03-09-2019 11:08 PM
    I stopped getting all updates several days ago (can't recall exactly when), had lost hope on BeWeather, and uninstalled it. Was very relieved to find this thread, but am puzzled by the behavior of the AppStore right now. I cannot find BeWeather listed on the AppStore, and when I follow search results that use the appstore weblinks give me a dialog that the app is not available in the region I am in (US?). But, I used my own purchase history to download again. However, I am not getting any updates (although I am able to search and add locations)? Can someone help a newbie out and explain these symptoms? I checked and I am on 3.0.17. I refreshed the appstore updates and I'm not getting to show 3.0.20 yet.

TIA
    It's in beta only for now. The old one was removed from the app store. The new version should be available in the app store soon. You can join the beta if you like. Scroll up the thread for the link.
    03-10-2019 12:22 AM
    @pfluger

After updating to the latest beta I have the following 'issue':

It's raining at my current location so the rain graph shows properly in the widget. But when switching to another location in the widget it doesn't automatically hide the rain graph when it's not raining at that other location. It just keeps the rain graph there, blank - even with clear conditions at that other location.

And also in the widget: the 'last updated time' doesn't respect the timezone of the chosen location.
    Last edited by Kev_F; 03-10-2019 at 05:12 AM.
    03-10-2019 03:10 AM
    Thanks @Ledsteplin

Did I somehow auto join the beta since my app is showing version 3.0.17? Maybe some quirk of re-downloading the application through my account's purchased section? When I click on the app in my purchased list it attempts to bring up an application info tile (like the post at the top of the thread), but nothing appears.

I followed the link to testflight (is this the beta link you were referring to?) and it says the beta is full.

Either way, I have 3.0.17 currently installed and I'm not getting any updates. Each of my locations correctly shows the location on the map section (and renders any radar returns as well).
    03-10-2019 09:18 AM
742 ... 89101112 ...