BeWeather 3 for iPhone

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

I tend to forget this BeWeather 3 feature.
5b8cbca8d7c94b54a4892a44ae5e1680.jpg

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site

I tend to forget this BeWeather 3 feature.
5b8cbca8d7c94b54a4892a44ae5e1680.jpg

The 'pre-Beta' version does the same but uses a 'share' icon. The source change in BeWeather was a while coming but it's suitability vs Dark Sky is I'm sure more a location issue. It hasn't let me down though.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

The 'pre-Beta' version does the same but uses a 'share' icon. The source change in BeWeather was a while coming but it's suitability vs Dark Sky is I'm sure more a location issue. It hasn't let me down though.

Yes, you use the share arrow icon. My comment about the paper plane was in Today Weather.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I guess I forget about this feature as well because I like looking at and/or sharing the custom or built-in weather sets better...
a5516317faaeda3fdc53a40f3941ce71.png

I get that, but it's not the point. Adding a photo with current temp has a use, especially sharing with friends and family not local. I think they would rather see a photo, than a custom icon set. I know mine do. The icon sets are for me to see in the app or widget.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I get that, but it's not the point. Adding a photo with current temp has a use, especially sharing with friends and family not local. I think they would rather see a photo, than a custom icon set. I know mine do. The icon sets are for me to see in the app or widget.

Well actually it is the point on why I forget this option. "I"... don't think about this feature because I would rather share weather conditions photo with family and friends from my photos app because I don't share photos from my weather app(s), I just send them a photo from my photos app.

Case in point, why would I go take a photo of weather conditions, put it on my weather app and send when I can just send the photo directly?

Last edited:

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site

Because OpenWeather was mentioned in this thread, I downloaded it, but have the problem that when I switch to Farenheit and come out of settings(in the app) it switches back to Centigrade. Now I live in the UK, but learnt the Farenheit system before the powers that be switched it over. and am more comfortable with it. Does anyone know how to fix this ?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Well actually it is the point on why I forget this option. "I"... don't think about this feature because I would rather share weather conditions photo with family and friends from my photos app because I don't share photos from my weather app(s), I just send them a photo from my photos app.

Case in point, why would I go take a photo of weather conditions, put it on my weather app and send when I can just send the photo directly?

Because it's fun.

happySun

Feb 20, 2020
Visit site
I regularly experience the following scenario:
- View morning forecast.
- Force quit BeWeather, because it uses a lot of memory.
- Try to view forecast and conditions in the evening, but doesn't update.
- Swipe to other nearby location; updates fine.
- Swipe back to default/current location; no update.
- Force quit.
- Reopen and current location updates.

It seems like there's some inhibition to updating the current location. Maybe some flag wrongly indicates that the data is current. It seems to me that the first action on opening the app should be updating the current location. Note that this doesn't happen all the time, just often enough to be annoying.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I regularly experience the following scenario:
- View morning forecast.
- Force quit BeWeather, because it uses a lot of memory.
- Try to view forecast and conditions in the evening, but doesn't update.
- Swipe to other nearby location; updates fine.
- Swipe back to default/current location; no update.
- Force quit.
- Reopen and current location updates.

It seems like there's some inhibition to updating the current location. Maybe some flag wrongly indicates that the data is current. It seems to me that the first action on opening the app should be updating the current location. Note that this doesn't happen all the time, just often enough to be annoying.

I don't have these issues. When you say "memory", do you refer to RAM or storage space?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2