BeWeather 3 for iPhone

reddirtranch

Mar 16, 2019
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

My BeWeather quit showing info for all my cities a few weeks ago, maybe because of the WU API ? I notice it has been removed from the apple store and emails to Bellshare remain unanswered, is this app dead ?

Thanks

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

My BeWeather quit showing info for all my cities a few weeks ago, maybe because of the WU API ? I notice it has been removed from the apple store and emails to Bellshare remain unanswered, is this app dead ?

Thanks

BeWeather 3 is currently in beta and will return to the app store hopefully soon. Here's the beta link if you're interested.
https://testflight.apple.com/join/LwdwAHlR

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

At this time BeWeather 3 needs the following images in the custom weather icon sets:

sunny
sunnyn
rain
snow
sleet
wind
fog
cloudy
partlycloudy
partlycloudyn
tstorms
tstormsn

I've reworked one of my weather set to only include the icons/weather conditions you have listed. In the current sets there is no fog that does not also include a sun or moon which presents a problem. No chuckling at the city I used for this demonstration. I already had it in my app and it's forecast had fog as a condition at 2AM. Prior to 6AM night icons should be a moon and not the sun. The icon that shows in the left screen shot is the condition 'fog' which in the original custom weather sets will show as a day time image now. 'fogn' would have shown as a moon with transparent clouds representing night. In the current Beta with the set of icons being reduced to 12 rather than 38 I made a 'fog' with clouds with a degree of transparency to differentiate between regular clouds shown in the screen shot on the right. This icon now will not depict a sun or moon and can represent fog at any hour it is required to do so. Hoping that in a future Beta update we will be able to see a custom wind icon too.
IMG_4593.JPG

ealvnv

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

Small bug in latest beta, when font is changed, font type for temp doesn’t change, keeps default form

Edit: bug present in app. Widget changes fonts normally

94f2ddd888d8042a90a4aef3816d6553.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

@pfluger
Restricting icons to 12 for custom sets has created problems. What is the reason for this limitation? Inserting default icons in my custom set ruins it. Using custom sets is one of the main reasons I use BeWeather. I don't have a way to make changes in the sets I created.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

@pfluger
Restricting icons to 12 for custom sets has created problems. What is the reason for this limitation? Inserting default icons in my custom set ruins it. Using custom sets is one of the main reasons I use BeWeather. I don't have a way to make changes in the sets I created.

I very curious about this as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've reworked one of my weather set to only include the icons/weather conditions you have listed. In the current sets there is no fog that does not also include a sun or moon which presents a problem. No chuckling at the city I used for this demonstration. I already had it in my app and it's forecast had fog as a condition at 2AM. Prior to 6AM night icons should be a moon and not the sun. The icon that shows in the left screen shot is the condition 'fog' which in the original custom weather sets will show as a day time image now. 'fogn' would have shown as a moon with transparent clouds representing night. In the current Beta with the set of icons being reduced to 12 rather than 38 I made a 'fog' with clouds with a degree of transparency to differentiate between regular clouds shown in the screen shot on the right. This icon now will not depict a sun or moon and can represent fog at any hour it is required to do so. Hoping that in a future Beta update we will be able to see a custom wind icon too.
View attachment 125843

Does naming the new wind icon "wind.png" not work in your custom sets?

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

@pfluger

I would imagine that the reason for the reduced amount of files/icons is because the weather conditions source has changed and their format is different. They use less images to represent conditions. I think it’s a workable situation because fog seems to be the only image that need to be changed. When I made the sets I included a day and night fog well because I though it would look nice lol. Now being reduced to a single image I need to change that. As for the wind file/icon it’s no go at the moment. I’ve included it on test sets but still not showing the custom yet just the stock/default image. I’m sure that will get worked out.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Yes. I reported that earlier in this thread. I’m not sure if that’s by design or not.

It is by design. If I remember correctly using the custom font the numbers never fit properly. We might take a look at this again.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

@pfluger

DarkSky is providing the information what icon to use. Unfortunately it differs a lot from what Weather Underground gave us.

For custom iconsets we might create a fallback system were we translate DarkSky's icon names to the old Weather Underground ones so the sets work without changes.

This is not as easy as it sounds though. For example when DarkSky only tells us 'fog' we have to figure out if this is day or night etc. Also the old sets never included 'wind' as that wasn't reported by WU. We would have to show sunny/clear night instead. And again we would have to figure out if it is day or night.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

I have downloaded the app to my phone, but it shows "No Apps Available to Test"
There is a "Redeem" link that asks for a
Redeem Code: Enter your TestFlight invitation code.
Any ideas?

After you download TestFlight then go back and press the BeWeather (Start Testing) button.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox