BeWeather 3 for iPhone

ealvnv

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

New Bug.

Weather icons are showing sun instead of moon at night in next 24 hours section.

And it looks like it is showing the moon instead of the sun in the next 7 days (Monday).

See picture:

View attachment 125787

Can confirm this bug

95b921b7d1ce0dc088e1cc5a5676ef75.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

New Bug.

Weather icons are showing sun instead of moon at night in next 24 hours section.

And it looks like it is showing the moon instead of the sun in the next 7 days (Monday).

See picture:

View attachment 125787

It's not a new bug. We've seen it off and on with BeWeather 3. Hopefully, @pfluger will get it worked out. I see the moon on Friday on my 7 days.
db8788f29b269ffff1c05c6c8a19d007.jpg

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

New Bug.

See picture:

View attachment 125787

The daily forecast sometimes showing a moon icon is already fixed in the upcoming beta.

Not sure why it is happening in the hourly forecast though. Do you see that with the default icon set, too?

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

The daily forecast sometimes showing a moon icon is already fixed in the upcoming beta.

Not sure why it is happening in the hourly forecast though. Do you see that with the default icon set, too?

I am not seeing it in the default icon set. Only in the custom icons sets (I tried a few).

This is the first time I have seen this in BW3. It was working fine on the custom icons.

It works Ok in certain locations and not Ok in other locations.

This is Reality XL (but other icons sets are doing the same):

Springfield IL is not working but Kansas City MO is working fine right now with Reality XL.

Strange.....

Schmantz

Mar 10, 2019
Visit site

I stopped getting all updates several days ago (can't recall exactly when), had lost hope on BeWeather, and uninstalled it. Was very relieved to find this thread, but am puzzled by the behavior of the AppStore right now. I cannot find BeWeather listed on the AppStore, and when I follow search results that use the appstore weblinks give me a dialog that the app is not available in the region I am in (US?). But, I used my own purchase history to download again. However, I am not getting any updates (although I am able to search and add locations)? Can someone help a newbie out and explain these symptoms? I checked and I am on 3.0.17. I refreshed the appstore updates and I'm not getting to show 3.0.20 yet.

TIA

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I stopped getting all updates several days ago (can't recall exactly when), had lost hope on BeWeather, and uninstalled it. Was very relieved to find this thread, but am puzzled by the behavior of the AppStore right now. I cannot find BeWeather listed on the AppStore, and when I follow search results that use the appstore weblinks give me a dialog that the app is not available in the region I am in (US?). But, I used my own purchase history to download again. However, I am not getting any updates (although I am able to search and add locations)? Can someone help a newbie out and explain these symptoms? I checked and I am on 3.0.17. I refreshed the appstore updates and I'm not getting to show 3.0.20 yet.

TIA

It's in beta only for now. The old one was removed from the app store. The new version should be available in the app store soon. You can join the beta if you like. Scroll up the thread for the link.

Kev_F

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

@pfluger

After updating to the latest beta I have the following 'issue':

It's raining at my current location so the rain graph shows properly in the widget. But when switching to another location in the widget it doesn't automatically hide the rain graph when it's not raining at that other location. It just keeps the rain graph there, blank - even with clear conditions at that other location.

And also in the widget: the 'last updated time' doesn't respect the timezone of the chosen location.

Last edited:

Schmantz

Mar 10, 2019
Visit site

Thanks @Ledsteplin

Did I somehow auto join the beta since my app is showing version 3.0.17? Maybe some quirk of re-downloading the application through my account's purchased section? When I click on the app in my purchased list it attempts to bring up an application info tile (like the post at the top of the thread), but nothing appears.

I followed the link to testflight (is this the beta link you were referring to?) and it says the beta is full.

Either way, I have 3.0.17 currently installed and I'm not getting any updates. Each of my locations correctly shows the location on the map section (and renders any radar returns as well).

Chucky1

May 6, 2011
Visit site

Thanks @Ledsteplin

Did I somehow auto join the beta since my app is showing version 3.0.17? Maybe some quirk of re-downloading the application through my account's purchased section? When I click on the app in my purchased list it attempts to bring up an application info tile (like the post at the top of the thread), but nothing appears.

I followed the link to testflight (is this the beta link you were referring to?) and it says the beta is full.

Either way, I have 3.0.17 currently installed and I'm not getting any updates. Each of my locations correctly shows the location on the map section (and renders any radar returns as well).

Should be version 3.0.20 if you have Test Flight app.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

This is not going to become a back and forth weather app comparison thread. This is not going to become a back and forth weather app comparison thread...PERIOD.
If you don't like the app don't use it...move on. SIMPLE
@pfluger Thanks for reworking the new BeWeather 3 with diligence and timely beta updates.

Thank you!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks @Ledsteplin

It's version 3.0.20 (3008). There's a limit to the number of testers on a beta. This is true for all app betas. Maybe BeWeather 3 reached the limit. If so, you may have to wait for the app store version. A spot could open up, so keep trying.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

@pfluger

The main icon is now showing the sun at night. This is after midnight at 12:23 am.

But it is random, most of the time it is ok. In the earlier post where I first showed the 24 icons were not correct, the main icon for this same location was showing the moon. A few hours later in the evening it is showing the sun.

IMG_0247.JPG

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Everything seems to be working properly on my Xs Max at the moment. Kudos on the beta updates. Good job Pfluger.
7a706603e9cd10cd832a1148d3031e1c.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Alerts are not working for me. And the rain graph in the widget is not working.

Are these working for you?

There is currently no rain in any of my 8 cities to check the rain graph and now that you mentioned it I just turned my Alerts toggle on so I shall see and keep an eye out. Will report back

Schmantz

Mar 10, 2019
Visit site

Thanks again @Ledsteplin.

I will patiently wait for the update (but very glad to hear it is coming).

Any idea why the current version is invisible in my app store (no search results) and why the app info card won't display when I click on BeWeather from my purchased history?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the beta link. Decided to give it another try in hopes of  Watch complications. Hint hint.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2