BeWeather 3 for iPhone

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Re: BeWeather 2 for iPhone

But if your city shows in the field below the search bar, you can tap on it.
You're right Led,
I guess my point is you can't zero in on a specific zip code and I guess that's because the app no longer accesses PWS's as you pointed out.
Good Luck

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

You're right Led,
I guess my point is you can't zero in on a specific zip code and I guess that's because the app no longer accesses PWS's as you pointed out.
Good Luck

It appears weather underground is no longer used. I noticed the rain graph is powered by Dark Sky.

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site

It appears weather underground is no longer used. I noticed the rain graph is powered by Dark Sky.

I live in the Detroit area. This app used to have forecast data from Weather Underground which is very accurate. Dark Sky is not accurate. Visit forecastadvisor.com for proof.

I already have and do not like the Dark Sky app. This new update is just a second version of Dark Sky. Blah!

Also, the text forecast is missing :-(

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

I dove in and went Pro. Hopefully Apple Watch compatibility is around the corner. I use Wunderground and Dark Sky, but BeWeather 3 UI is the best for my needs so far.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Jumped in here to read all the latest posts and based on what I'm reading, my BeWeather days are gone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I've been using BeWeather since the beginning (BerryWeather), but from what I've read about this new update/version on iOS I can really say I'm disappointed.
I've decided to remain on the old version for now until Pflunger fixes or brings back the customization BeWeather is known for.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

I'm a little disappointed myself. I do like that it's using data from Dark Sky, but so many other features aren't working. I'm not sure if I'll keep this for very long. I think I'll wait for a couple more updates, but if there are no improvements... it's outta here!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I've been using BeWeather since the beginning (BerryWeather), but from what I've read about this new update/version on iOS I can really say I'm disappointed.
I've decided to remain on the old version for now until Pflunger fixes or brings back the customization BeWeather is known for.

Pflunger? Some may need a plunger when they flush the app!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I'm a little disappointed myself. I do like that it's using data from Dark Sky, but so many other features aren't working. I'm not sure if I'll keep this for very long. I think I'll wait for a couple more updates, but if there are no improvements... it's outta here!

I don't know if all the data comes from Dark Sky. I just noticed the rain graph said powered by Dark Sky. But it does appear weather underground is no longer used. TBO, whenever weather underground had issues, so did BeWeather. @pfluger may have made the changes to improve performance.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Whatever...this weather app has been around a long time and in my opinion should have been released/updated in better working order.

Agree. There's at least 3 things that don't work.
1. Widget background color options
2. Weather icons section
3. Weather share option to save to camera roll.
The rest were intentional changes.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

Sorry for the late post.

There will be a couple updates coming in the next few days/weeks.

Some of the bug fixes that are coming:

- Widget not showing according to configuration
- Custom icons not working
- Search by zip not working
- Weather alert notifications not working (complete overhaul is in the works)

And some new features:

- Search by street address so you can get precise by minute precipitation forecasts for other than your current location
- Alternative selectable data points for hourly and daily forecasts (you will be able to switch to wind, uv index, humidity etc)

The old BeWeather 2 version should keep working for a couple of days but might stop at any moment when Weather Underground cuts their weather data service.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm really liking the new update and thus far, it's working well on my iPhone 10 and Series 3 Watch. Thank you!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Not available on my  Watch Series 3

I just checked my Series 3 Watch after seeing your reply and tapped on the weather icon on its display and realized that it was Dark Sky.....smh...I then checked the installed app list and noticed that BeWeather is no longer installed. Thanks for the follow-up, sir.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site

I just checked my Series 3 Watch after seeing your reply and tapped on the weather icon on its display and realized that it was Dark Sky.....smh...I then checked the installed app list and noticed that BeWeather is no longer installed. Thanks for the follow-up, sir.

I was hoping you were right. :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR