BeWeather 3 for iPhone

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

OMG....It’s been a while. I hope things are well with you.

Hey D everything is great here on the west coast. I surprised you with my post! Hope everything is going great with you too. Let get the problems solved with this oh so fun app.

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for letting me use some of the weather sets on your site love them BeWeather is my favorite app you do great work. :) l wish they still had it for android too.

Thank you very much for such a sweet comment. The weather apps are fun to make and can make viewing your weather a bit more exciting unless you see snow for days on end or in my case rain. As for you missing BeWeather on an Android phone... you know we have so much more fun girlfriend with our iPhone!

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 for iPhone

OK I just noticed this. The red alert banner for the iPad widget is missing. Can that be put back with next beta?
cdf6e0adcd9142582d41cd23dc8eab9d.jpg

It's still there on my iPhone
9ff667824dd89e316f325c797a867ea3.jpg

Kev_F

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

@pfluger

Installed the latest beta & everything works great for me except for:

• When I set warning to red banner, this only works in the app & not widget. Widget doesn't show red banner as it used to. Using iPhone 7 with iOS 12.

• Can the "Last Updated" section in the widget reflect the "Reported At" time for that specific location & timezone? Now it shows the "Last Updated" time always in the timezone from current GPS location even when switching location.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

@Elizabeth2 I also want to thank you for all of your wonderful weather sets! I love them all. I can't wait to install them when BeWeather3 is ready to go!
@pfluger Thanks so much for working so hard to bring BeWeather back to greatness! I think it's safe to say that your app is loved by many!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

@pfluger
Would it be possible to have a "hide" option for iconsets we don't want to use? Like how we can hide apps in the purchased list in the App Store. This would make it easier to find those we want to use.

McGyver98N

Feb 10, 2019
Visit site

IMG_0839.JPGIMG_0840.JPG

I just downloaded it this morning on my XR. I like it very much! Very cool app. I went with the old school BB weather icons. Great app.

Kev_F

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, are there other people here for whom the weather is not really accurate since it's using DarkSky as a source?

It has been raining here for a good hour and BeWeather has been showing nothing but dry conditions (even after refreshing). AccuWeather, Apple Weather & Wunderground all show rain for 3 more hours to come but DarkSky also disagrees on this & forecasts more dry weather. The radar shows rain on the map but that one still has the Wunderground logo on it so it would make sense...

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Just out of curiosity, are there other people here for whom the weather is not really accurate since it's using DarkSky as a source?

It has been raining here for a good hour and BeWeather has been showing nothing but dry conditions (even after refreshing). AccuWeather, Apple Weather & Wunderground all show rain for 3 more hours to come but DarkSky also disagrees on this & forecasts more dry weather. The radar shows rain on the map but that one still has the Wunderground logo on it so it would make sense...

It's been accurate in my area for me so far, but I will be keeping an eye out.

Kev_F

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

It's been accurate in my area for me so far, but I will be keeping an eye out.

I'm starting to think it's because I'm currently in Europe. I know the DarkSky app is only available in the US app store so maybe their European forecasts aren't as accurate as the US ones?

When I'm back in CA in a couple of weeks I'll test it out & see if the weather is accurate back there.

@pfluger is there maybe a possibility that in a future release Pro users will be able to choose between multiple weather providers (like DarkSky, AccuWeather, ...) ? That way people can choose which one's most accurate based on their location (US, EU, ...).

Last edited:

Kev_F

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site

I use the widget a lot so most of my remarks are about the widget ;)

The minutely forecast in my widget looks a little cringy with the text being inside the graph - especially when it's a long text... But perhaps this is expected behaviour?

The "Last updated" time in the widget sometimes cuts of part of the timestamp (AM/PM). But after starting the app & checking the widget again, it has been nudged a little to the left. So it kinda fixes itself after starting the app once.

IMG_0465.jpg

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site

Dark Sky is not accurate. It has an accuracy of about 66% compared to TWC and WU which have about a 75% accuracy. Check it out on forecastadvisor.com

BeWeather made a huge mistake switching to Dark Sky. Bring back WU!

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site
BeWeather v3 for iPhone

I’ve been a long time advocate of WU but recently jumped onto Dark Sky and now onto BeWeather.

I’m satisfied with the accuracy of BeWeather so far. BW3 is shaping up to a UI I am comfortable with. WU is great but lately it has had loading errors, constantly reloading.

So far the weather forecast for BeWeather in my area has been dead on. Now only if BW offered AW support, then I could use it as my only weather app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2