BeWeather 3 for iPhone

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
re: BeWeather v3 (Beta) for iPhone

I am not saying don't read left to right. If you look at the 7 day section. It has a column for days, a column for forecast graphic and a column for temperature range. It makes it more readable to have these columns. I am suggestion something similar for the forecast text (or blend them together #3 alternative).

In the text forecast section when some of the forecast go to 2 lines and some are only 1 line (my example). I think it is harder to read. And the Day names are not emphasized and are in all caps which is not consistent with the day names in the section above.

And why wouldn't you want to have the bottom line more symmetrical with the circles more aligned?

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

I am not saying don't read left to right. If you look at the 7 day section. It has a column for days, a column for forecast graphic and a column for temperature range. It makes it more readable to have these columns. I am suggestion something similar for the forecast text (or blend them together #3 alternative).

In the text forecast section when some of the forecast go to 2 lines and some are only 1 line (my example). I think it is harder to read. And the Day names are not emphasized and are in all caps which is not consistent with the day names in the section above.

And why wouldn't you want to have the bottom line more symmetrical with the circles more aligned?

I like the current set up.
To me columns would make the main temperature area look crowded, and in the lower section if the Day names are bold like the main area you would be taking away from the main area which is the focus point of the weather and icons. It would make it confusing in my opinion. The lower section is for secondary showings.
377504593bdbe5a0a736adea94133ab1.jpg

I like this design.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

Obviously it's up to pfluger to make any changes or not.

You don't even see the lower section unless you scroll down so it's not a focus point to distract.

And I don't see how a little alignment makes it look crowded

Screen Shot 2019-03-01 at 5.21.31 PM.png

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I like the current set up.
To me columns would make the main temperature area look crowded, and in the lower section if the Day names are bold like the main area you would be taking away from the main area which is the focus point of the weather and icons. It would make it confusing in my opinion. The lower section is for secondary showings.
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190301/377504593bdbe5a0a736adea94133ab1.jpg
I like this design.

Looks good to me.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Obviously it's up to pfluger to make any changes or not.

You don't even see the lower section unless you scroll down so it's not a focus point to distract.

And I don't see how a little alignment makes it look crowded

View attachment 125711

Columns and alignment are different, but once again I like the current look.
Ultimately it's up to Pfluger to change it or not.

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

This is what I meant by 'columns'....alignment starting with the same column for the text. I should have put in visual example to start. Of course it's all up to pfluger.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

This is what I meant by 'columns'....alignment starting with the same column for the text. I should have put in visual example to start. Of course it's all up to pfluger.

Yeah, I still like the weekdays being in Caps while not highlighted and brief weather discription highlighted. There will be descriptions that are longer with a longer day of the week spelling next to it which would mean alignment would be difficult.
Once again I like this look better.

ealvnv

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site

a31cd0415071faa9f470fc4a21a0da63.jpg

Can confirm also the bundling to the left, gets fixed if you open settings or alert screens.

Side note, this reminds of the old Berry Weather days when it all begun.

pfluger

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thus far, the app has been great on my iPhone X. At the moment, however, the next 24 hours section isn’t displaying a lot of information, but that’s minor to me. Besides, I’m sure it’ll display the info soon. I’m really liking the app and appreciate all of your hard work, pfluger.

IMG_0205.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 for iPhone

Thus far, the app has been great on my iPhone X. At the moment, however, the next 24 hours section isn’t displaying a lot of information, but that’s minor to me. Besides, I’m sure it’ll display the info soon. I’m really liking the app and appreciate all of your hard work, pfluger.

View attachment 125717

That's been fixed in the new beta.
6008cf1334468be8010cc92a58c376c4.jpg

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
BeWeather v3 for iPhone

What phone is that? I tried a couple different devices but can't replicate this.

6s Plus. Some with newer X style phones get the same. Pulling down to refresh sets it correctly. Or tapping on temperature ( Hi/Lo) resets it. Only happens on vertical bars.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

What phone is that? I tried a couple different devices but can't replicate this.
Since the latest Beta update this problem hasn't happened on my Xs Max.
464b3583cf16e0c791345686ec74b702.jpg

TestFlight beta working OK on iPhone 8 running latest iOS beta.
NO icon sets loading or available.
I agree. There are no in app weather sets available, but custom weather sets can be loaded in the custom area with a proper link.
9b0bbecc2f8d8cf38792faa46638f78b.jpg

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site

I would like to request the wind arrows point with the direction of the wind not into the wind like a weather vane. Most other weather sites (dark sky, google, weather underground) have the wind arrows pointing in the wind direction. For example, if the wind is coming out of the north the arrow points down from north to south. Here are pictures of google weather and weather underground for the same time as BeWeather:

IMG_0233.jpg

Weather Underground:

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 10.21.52 AM.png

Google Weather:

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 10.18.24 AM.png

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

lfaatsnat

Mar 2, 2019
Visit site

Been using this app since the berry weather days, and I've come to rely on it. Which is why am disappointed with the rollout to the new version, the old version just stopped. This forum is great though.

The severe weather notification is sticky for all locations once I scroll to a location that has one, even when I scroll back to locations where it previously didn't show a red notification icon and that have no severe weather notifications. Using iPhone Xs.

Also what is the weather icon for now and 11am, it looks like a cloud with sheets coming out of it, is that supposed to be drizzle, I'm just not sure.

IMG_0034.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW