Shop HP’s Memorial Day Sale:Save up to 61% on PCs and more! | Order: AirPods 2 | New iPhones
    Hi I am looking for an app for youtube playback. Requirements: ability to log in to my youtube account, ability to play screen turned off, preferably not filled with sound ads.

I used to have musictube but it stopped working just recently.

Is there anything available?
    02-14-2019 12:11 PM
    Will not the official YouTube app not do what you're seeking?
    02-14-2019 07:26 PM
    If you buy youtube Red (or whatever they call it in 2019) you can listen with screen off.

Cheers, Michael B
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-15-2019 07:50 AM
    Thanks gents. But I am old school. Will not pay anything for this experience ☺️.

Youtube sneezes 16€/month for the premium. I rather download the sounds I need or rip the CD:s I buy to support the artists I listen.

Still open for free apps.

Gracias
    02-15-2019 05:34 PM
    Thanks gents. But I am old school. Will not pay anything for this experience .

Youtube sneezes 16€/month for the premium. I rather download the sounds I need or rip the CD:s I buy to support the artists I listen.

Still open for free apps.

Gracias
    Log in to youtube.com in Safari. Switch it to desktop view. Start a music video. Tap the icon in the upper left to make it full screen. Let it play a few seconds. Return to home screen and pull up the control center. Start the music back on the music controls.
    I just tested this on my 6s Plus on iOS 12.1.4. It worked for me. I'm listening now as I type this in TapaTalk.

Or use Tubex.
    Tubex Tobidy Music iPlay Video by Ha Nguyen https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/tube...mUvbUpU3123677

Put the video in landscape view. Then return to homescreen. Pull up control center and restart video.
    I just tested this as well. It works on my phone.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 02-15-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    Tartarus likes this.
    02-15-2019 08:23 PM
    My daughter likes Musi. You can pull in your music and videos from YouTube and listen with your screen off.
    Ledsteplin likes this.
    02-16-2019 10:55 AM
    My daughter likes Musi. You can pull in your music and videos from YouTube and listen with your screen off.
    Yeah, that's a good one, if you just want to play songs in the background or with the phone locked. And it has dark mode.
    violetjune likes this.
    02-16-2019 01:58 PM